• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2015 Giro CQ game

Here we go again...

Most of you already know most of this: the substantial changes (dates, one rule change) are underlined to aid the lazy reader...

Rules

Team of exactly nine riders. Teams with fewer riders will be filled out with cheapest riders available (2nd sort criteria will be alphabetical by surname). If quota of nine cannot be reached in this manner (eg, 8 riders totalling exactly 3500, no free riders starting race) team will be disqualified.

Riders selected who do not start the Giro will be replaced by the next most expensive from their own team, if possible, otherwise as above.

Teams with more than 9 riders will have their most expensive pick(s) removed from their squad,

Budget
Budget will be 3500 points.

Price of riders
CQ current score as at 3rd May, with points accumulated over 12 months leading up to that date, for which the update file that CQ release on Monday 4th will be considered definitive.
There is, as in the past, a dropbox spreadsheetof riders likely to participate and their prices for the game, and a facility for checking the team total.

Rider eligibility
As in the Classics game the previous prohibition of any rider who had been under a ban for any part of the period during which their price is scrapped this year. All riders participating in the Giro are eligible.

Submitting your team
By personal message to me. Players who have accounts at both CN and VR are asked to use the VR personal message system (I have an unlimited inbox there)
Pleeeeeeeease send the team with names formatted as per CQ. It makes an enormous difference to the efficiency of adding teams. If you use the dropbox spreadsheet it will be a simple copy and paste job.
I have lodged my team with Comodoro, the first person to submit a team, so that there can be confidence that I didn't pick from among the best of everyone else's ideas. (My track record in my own games is pretty appalling anyway)

Deadline
Saturday 9th May at whatever time the first team rolls down the ramp. (I think 3pm Italian time/2pm UK)

Scoring
Points issued according to the points tables of CQ (column GT2). Note there are no points issued for the young rider category.

Entries
AG
Akuryo
Alykaptan
AmisVelo
ArchieBoy
Armchair_Cyclist
BigMac
Bikeracer33
Blackbandit222
BluesInTheBottle
Comodoro
Crevaison
Del1962
Diggercuz
DJW
Fauniera
GeraintTooFast
GreenMonkey
Hakkie
Handbrake
Hugo87
Jancouver
Joelsim
Josedin
JosephD
JustSomeGuy
Kazistuta
L29205
Leadbelly
LightBing
LosBrolin
Mellow_Velo
Minessa
Murali
Murrjt
NairoQ
NotMyCircus
Postmanhat
Rote_Laterne
Roubaix
Scrool07
Search
Shalgo
TheSceptic
Togo
TomJelte
Trudgin
Tuart
Yellow_Knight

Good luck to all.

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Well I will try to defend my last year's title, but after that disgraceful last place at CQ Spring Game (damn you Boonen and Cancellara :D ) my confidence took a strike.

Thanks AC

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
Re: Re:

BigMac said:
Good luck mate, I'm quite sure you'll win.

I'll be fighting for the exquisite last place.

Thanks for jinxing him! ;)

I'll definitely participate, just need some team to look for a good team. Will there be a spreadsheet for team composition or not this year?

Thanks for the organisation already!

NairoQ said:
BigMac said:

I'll definitely participate, just need some team to look for a good team. Will there be a spreadsheet for team composition or not this year?

I told him he would win the Vuelta one, he won. :p

You will obviously contest, too.

NairoQ said:

Do people even read the OP? :rolleyes:
I'm hoping to populate and post it on Monday evening, when the prices are available.

The high number of teams submitted with out of date prices in previous editions puts me off posting it sooner.

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site

BigMac said:
NairoQ said:
BigMac said:

I told him he would win the Vuelta one, he won. :p

You will obviously contest, too.

That's true, but you and me were lucky. :D

This year i'm not finding last year's Rolland...

Jan 31, 2015
Visit site
sorry for the stupid question(will play it for 1st time),so now we should choose 9 riders for 3500points from this who are in the dropbox file,is that right?

Re:

scrooll07 said:
sorry for the stupid question(will play it for 1st time),so now we should choose 9 riders for 3500points from this who are in the dropbox file,is that right?

You have to choose 9 riders with a maximum cost of 3500 points.

I hope and believe, and will endeavour to ensure, that the dropbox file assists in that, but if you want to find another way of getting current CQ scores, riders who will be in the Giro, and the version of the names used by CQ, feel free!

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
BigMac said:
Do you have an idea of how many have won or performed well in this game whilst not having chosen any of the 10 most expensive picks?

Not too many, probably ;) If you can find 9 300-400 pointers, each scoring 300 points, you have a shot though...

24 hours to go: 28 teams in; 74 different riders selected, of whom two are in more than half the teams, and 24 are unique picks.

I will be away from my computer until well into tomorrow afternoon (unscheduled family happening). The deadline remains in place, but if any teams need adjustments (not that they should be necessary), I guess I'll have to allow time after I alert the miscreants.

I'll post full teams when I can, and some time on Saturday: if you really can't wait until then to share your wisdom with the world, at least wait until the race is underway and entries are closed.

EDIT: And good luck to all!

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
Team is in, i suspect way lower scores from everyone than last year. It's going to depend a lot on the big picks, which was less the case last year.

TRENDING THREADS