• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2015 Giro d'Italia, Stage 3: Rapallo – Sestri Levante 136 km

Page 17 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Just saw the highlights of the last 5K. Have to say, I thought Orica did a great job. Have to also say, I thought Gerrans did a fantastic last klik stretching everyone and allowing Matthews to very cleverly and correctly call it and pick the wheel of Felline. Matthews made it look easy in the end but Gerrans set it up for him very nicely...

Re:

ferryman said:
Just saw the highlights of the last 5K. Have to say, I thought Orica did a great job. Have to also say, I thought Gerrans did a fantastic last klik stretching everyone and allowing Matthews to very cleverly and correctly call it and pick the wheel of Felline. Matthews made it look easy in the end but Gerrans set it up for him very nicely...

Hey steady on ! Someone saying something good about Gerrans. Take it easy. But you are right GE did a very good job including Gerrans. Not sure what Saxo were doing. Can see why the guys in the break were unhappy.

Re: Re:

antmills said:
Arredondo said:
Bole is still there

Yes .... I also think Orica are rather an odd team, but I can't even say why. They just strike me as a dull team for some reason. ... Perhaps it's due to them only being there for TTTs and the early sprints? .... Impossible to say exactly. .... Still .... cycling needs the full range of teams to make life more interesting, so let them have their fun for a few days.

When you don't a have a GC rider you ride to your strengths. Every team in the race would rather have Pink and two stage wins than not. They also get into the breaks so it's not like they don't try other things. Your comment makes no sense at all. There is nothing to say that they can't win stages later in the race as well at least the flatter ones.

Orica rode boring, but very smart. We all agree they rode smart.

Also somebody talking about the double standards toward sky and tinkoff. Tinkoff indeed didn't get flamed enough yesterday, but it was the first time they did this so they still have a tiny buffer before everyone burns them down when they keep on doing it.
I certainly allready flamed them yesterday. Awful display.

I actually think Ryo might be right(once a year this happens). Alberto might be afraid....

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Re:

Kwibus said:
Orica rode boring, but very smart. We all agree they rode smart.

Also somebody talking about the double standards toward sky and tinkoff. Tinkoff indeed didn't get flamed enough yesterday, but it was the first time they did this so they still have a tiny buffer before everyone burns them down when they keep on doing it.
I certainly allready flamed them yesterday. Awful display.

I actually think Ryo might be right(once a year this happens). Alberto might be afraid....
I think most of us will agree with him in this matter.

Its not surprising he is very afraid.But IMO Saxo shouldnt do this, they are wasting their power and if there is a silly crash to happen I dont think this will help a lot.

Re: Re:

rick james said:
Pricey_sky said:
May I also add that if Sky did what Tinkoff had done today then the forum would be in uproar about the "boring" or "bot" style of racing.

Dam right it would be...double standards
Don't you think that maybe, the fact that Sky have been doing this for 3.5 seasons while Tinkoff so far only did it for 2 days, has got something to do with it? Already I'm seeing posts about Tinkoff killing the race. In about 3.5 years they'll reach Sky levels of hate.