• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2015 Larry H. Miller Tour of Utah, August 3 to 9

Page 16 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

jaylew said:
Brutal stage. Lots of riders 40, 50, 60 minutes back. 10 guys over an hour back and a couple of guys an hour and half back, no shock one of them was Graeme Brown.

Those times are overall. Yesterday, the last guys came in around 32 minutes down. Brown was in there of course (at 31' 50")

Re: Re:

TMP402 said:
Taxus4a said:
Jancouver said:
SkyTears said:
finally age seems to catch Horner :)

Dont think so.

Clinic reasons after Tommy D got busted.

Dont think so.

He basically missed 18 months of high quality racing, and the older you get obviously the more natural decline gets bundled in with the lack of good racing.

18 months? He was pretty good at Utah last year and did a relatively good Tour de France in 2014. It's more like 12 months if you don't consider some of the US smaller races as good racing.

Ricco' said:
TMP402 said:
Taxus4a said:
Jancouver said:
SkyTears said:
finally age seems to catch Horner :)

Dont think so.

Clinic reasons after Tommy D got busted.

Dont think so.

He basically missed 18 months of high quality racing, and the older you get obviously the more natural decline gets bundled in with the lack of good racing.

18 months? He was pretty good at Utah last year and did a relatively good Tour de France in 2014. It's more like 12 months if you don't consider some of the US smaller races as good racing.

Fair enough.

All the best to Brammeier for his recovery. They sounded like really serious injuries :(

As for today's stage, I expect Team Columbia and BMC to come out with all guns blazing. However, in the end it will come down to who is the strongest and Dombrowski will be able to look after himself on the last climb.

Re:

Moose McKnuckles said:
That Brammeier crash yesterday was nasty. He was coming in way too fast and hit an Airgas/Safeway car.
Car should have been paying attention though.

Here's the crash.

https://video.fsnc1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/hvideo-xta1/v/t42.1790-2/11810883_10153747812678676_1472322926_n.mp4?efg=eyJybHIiOjU3OSwicmxhIjo1MTJ9&rl=579&vabr=322&oh=958d0c12465e27e39a54f365bd54eb25&oe=55C77943

Way too fast indeed. At the end of the day can't really blame the Airgas team car. Anyway, props to de spectators for not just spectating.

BigMac said:
Moose McKnuckles said:
That Brammeier crash yesterday was nasty. He was coming in way too fast and hit an Airgas/Safeway car.
Car should have been paying attention though.

Here's the crash.

https://video.fsnc1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/hvideo-xta1/v/t42.1790-2/11810883_10153747812678676_1472322926_n.mp4?efg=eyJybHIiOjU3OSwicmxhIjo1MTJ9&rl=579&vabr=322&oh=958d0c12465e27e39a54f365bd54eb25&oe=55C77943

Way too fast indeed. At the end of the day can't really blame the Airgas team car. Anyway, props to de spectators for not just spectating.

yeah....

can't blame the car for that. He overcooked the corner and went into the side of the car. Nothing the driver could do really

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Horner just had too many health problems during the year. Consequence is that his basis is too small to be in real top shape in Utah.

But still he's 5th, and only Dombrowski is better. That just shows his class.

Re:

Tank Engine said:
All the best to Brammeier for his recovery. They sounded like really serious injuries :(

As for today's stage, I expect Team Columbia and BMC to come out with all guns blazing. However, in the end it will come down to who is the strongest and Dombrowski will be able to look after himself on the last climb.

They last rode in 2009... :eek:

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
If I read his comments correctly. Dombrowski's performance yesterday was basically off the couch.

“I trained a couple of weeks at home in Virginia,” said Dombrowski. “But I was just getting going again and not training super hard. I then came out here to altitude and I was taking it a little easy. I hadn’t really put in big training efforts, so I wasn’t sure where I was, so it’s a good confirmation of where I am. I think this is really a perfect setup for the Vuelta.”

TRENDING THREADS