• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2015 Paris-Nice, Stage 6: Vence - Nice 184 km

Page 7 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

burning said:
Parrulo said:
Does anyone have the top 10 GC?

PCS hasn't been updated

1. FRAGALLOPIN Tony 121 LOTTO-SOUDAL 28h 49' 42''
2. AUSPORTE Richie 64 TEAM SKY 28h 50' 18'' + 00' 36''
3. POLKWIATKOWSKI Michal 151 ETIXX-QUICK STEP 28h 50' 19'' + 00' 37''
4. GBRTHOMAS Geraint 68 TEAM SKY 28h 50' 20'' + 00' 38''
5. DENFUGLSANG Jakob 45 ASTANA PRO TEAM 28h 50' 20'' + 00' 38''
6. PORCOSTA Rui Alberto 11 LAMPRE - MERIDA 28h 50' 24'' + 00' 42''
7. SLOSPILAK Simon 167 TEAM KATUSHA 28h 50' 35'' + 00' 53''
8. ESPVALLS FERRI Rafael 18 LAMPRE - MERIDA 28h 50' 43'' + 01' 01''
9. ESPIZAGIRRE INSAUSTI Gorka 31 MOVISTAR TEAM 28h 51' 01'' + 01' 19''
10. BELWELLENS Tim 128 LOTTO-SOUDAL 28h 51' 42'' + 02' 00''

screaming fist said:
Parrulo said:
Does anyone have the top 10 GC?

PCS hasn't been updated

https://twitter.com/inrng/status/576773053822144513

Gallopin has 36 seconds on Porte

edit: beaten to it

Thanks guys

Hopefully tomorrow Costa has a good day :)

Now off the gym 8)

Parrulo said:
Cance > TheRest said:
Flamin said:
What an EPIC stage this was. Thanks to Etixx, Kwia and Gallopin (and Porte/Thomas :p)

Now off to Tirreno.

And Fuglsang/Costa! I think they animated the race far more than the SKY duo, unless you consider crashing to be part of animating a race

What exactly have they done? I missed most of the race because i was taking care of some stuff for my father

They pushed the pace and kept off the KwiatK group for the last 20kms. Even when the SKY-duo didn't take pulls, Fuglsang did with the incentive of making the podium.

Parrulo said:
Cance > TheRest said:
They pushed the pace and kept off the KwiatK group for the last 20kms. Even when the SKY-duo didn't take pulls, Fuglsang did with the incentive of making the podium.

I see, a shame Spilak didn't work, they could have gained much more time on everyone else with a coordinated chase

Spilak thought Gallopin wasn't ahead. He thought he had won the stage when he won the sprint for 2nd.

edit: It certainly seemed like that.

Richeypen said:
DBotero said:
Gallopin can win this ,he's a fighter as shown last year in TDF.Porte crash was kinda hard i don't expect much for him tomorrow.

Personaly i thought the crash was a fairly soft one. A slider, road rash but nothing more.

Porte's the favourite for tomorrow as there didn't look to be any road rash. The gap between Gallopin and Porte last time was such that Tony may slide off the podium.

willbick said:
Richeypen said:
DBotero said:
Gallopin can win this ,he's a fighter as shown last year in TDF.Porte crash was kinda hard i don't expect much for him tomorrow.

Personaly i thought the crash was a fairly soft one. A slider, road rash but nothing more.

It'll be pretty sore tho. Enough to take the edge off him

Sore no doubt and may have an effect on him taking the jersey but he will still win the stage.

MatParker117 said:
Richeypen said:
DBotero said:

Porte's the favourite for tomorrow as there didn't look to be any road rash. The gap between Gallopin and Porte last time was such that Tony may slide off the podium.

Have u considered the possibility that Gallopin wasnt trying 100% last time??!

Netserk said:
Parrulo said:
Cance > TheRest said:

I see, a shame Spilak didn't work, they could have gained much more time on everyone else with a coordinated chase

Spilak thought Gallopin wasn't ahead. He thought he had won the stage when he won the sprint for 2nd.

I noticed that as well. Still amazing how riders fail to noticed that kind of stuff when they have other riders and the team car to talk and the bikes showing time gaps to other groups. It seriously makes me question their intelligence to be honest.

Parrulo said:
webvan said:
Yeah, Porte only put 23 seconds into Talansky two years ago and he seemed exhausted in the end.

TVG shows what he's made of...wonder what he'll be whining about this time!

Talansky is a much better climber than Gallopin, or has Gallopin improved that much climbing wise?

Besides, i assume today's efforts will have an heavy influence on tomorrow's results

Gallopin has been climbing excellent this year and with the form he's in, I think Porte will have a really hard time taking back 36 (right?) seconds.

Netserk said:

I really don't hope he did. Gallopin won with something like 20-30 seconds, by all my (admitted, not very good) calculations Spilak should've been able to see him.
But of course, I suppose sometimes you lose your ability to see clearly in a race like that.

ciranda said:
T-Nielsen said:
Now Fuglsang. Now you ride...

Not everybody likes to sit and wait in a small group and not help. After the race he also said he felt a little bad about not waiting for the riders who crashed.

And that one of the reasons he never wins. He always find a way to do the wrong thing.

Btw I am not on his case because I don't like him, it is because he frustrates me.

Richeypen said:
Thomas pulled the whole group on the last climb before Porte put in a massive attack. The group that took second was made with a Porte attack.
Che?
That wasn't a massive attack. A massive attack is when you ride away not to be seen again.
He 'attacked' for 20 seconds, then, quite inexplicably, Fuglsang decided to do some towing work instead of trying to jump away himself. Before and after, it was all of Porte's team mates that did the work.

Cance > TheRest said:
Flamin said:
What an EPIC stage this was. Thanks to Etixx, Kwia and Gallopin (and Porte/Thomas :p)

Now off to Tirreno.

And Fuglsang/Costa! I think they animated the race far more than the SKY duo, unless you consider crashing to be part of animating a race

You're kidding, right? The mention of Porte and Thomas was a bit of a joke of course, but it did contribute to the epicness of the stage.

Cance > TheRest said:
Flamin said:

Now off to Tirreno.

Fuglsang pulled briefly: I don't believe Costa rode at the front much at all, and if he did it was only to fail to get closer to Gallopin. Thomas drove the chase on Kwiatkowski, and was still able to leave him behind, while Porte made the break of that briefly re-united group on the last climb to form a selection that would surely have caught Gallopin and left Kwiatkowski some distance back. Mistakes/misfortune later on does not mean that they did nothing to animate the race: far more than participants in a failed chase which is all Costa and Fuglsang were.

Re:

Armchair cyclist said:
Cance > TheRest said:
Flamin said:

Now off to Tirreno.

Fuglsang pulled briefly: I don't believe Costa rode at the front much at all, and if he did it was only to fail to get closer to Gallopin. Thomas drove the chase on Kwiatkowski, and was still able to leave him behind, while Porte made the break of that briefly re-united group on the last climb to form a selection that would surely have caught Gallopin and left Kwiatkowski some distance back. Mistakes/misfortune later on does not mean that they did nothing to animate the race: far more than participants in a failed chase which is all Costa and Fuglsang were.
this ^^^^

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
What happened to Aru, bad day? Maybe he and the other Astana guys didn't want to take risks on the descent and took it easy, adter all it's just the first race of the season for him.