• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2015 Paris-Nice, Stage 7: Nice - Col d'Èze 9.6km ITT

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
DBotero said:
Judging by their tweets the Sky duo seems ok,but if Gallopin can recover well i think he still has a chance to hold the jersey.If we add Kwiatkovski and Fuglsang this should be a great battle. Or maybe Rui Costa will crush them all.

Gallopin is the clear favourite for the GC imo. It will take something pretty extraordinary for him not to win I think. Don't be surprised if he's very close to taking the win on the stage too...

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
JRanton said:
DBotero said:
Judging by their tweets the Sky duo seems ok,but if Gallopin can recover well i think he still has a chance to hold the jersey.If we add Kwiatkovski and Fuglsang this should be a great battle. Or maybe Rui Costa will crush them all.

Gallopin is the clear favourite for the GC imo. It will take something pretty extraordinary for him not to win I think. Don't be surprised if he's very close to taking the win on the stage too...

You mad? :p Stage win? He's in good form, but not that good.

And considering what happened last time up Eze, Porte can easily do it. I think Tony can hold him off though, it'd be a great achievement if he does.

JRanton said:
DBotero said:

What? Not a popsicle's chance in hell that Gallopin will be close to beating Porte unless Porte is suffering a lot from his crash.

Bushman said:
JRanton said:
DBotero said:

What? Not a popsicle's chance in hell that Gallopin will be close to beating Porte unless Porte is suffering a lot from his crash.

And Porte looked absolutely fine after his crash - just a bit of road rash. I'll be amazed if Gallopin can hold on to his lead (wouldn't be surprised to see Thomas or Kwiat overtake him as well)

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site
Re:

murali said:
unless something bad happens, i think Gallopin is going to win PN.

i am betting on majka for stage win.

regarding porte, thomas, i am not sure. both of them crashed yesterday, both of them had to work real hard to catch up with kwiato.
kwiato did too much work yesterday, so he too is going to be affected.

Yea, right..

Re:

The Hitch said:
Oh ****, big guys go off in like 20 don't they? Anyone have a stream. Merci.

Working flawlessly.

http://www.sportingvideo.tv/20150308/vv54fbbb5ac44b58.01110172-1021294.html in French.

http://www.sportingvideo.tv/20150308/vv54fc3fe0854665.98849633-1021573.html in English.

Please make activating hyperlinks a priority.

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site
Re: Re:

Ryo Hazuki said:
PremierAndrew said:
Ryo Hazuki said:
PremierAndrew said:
Anyone know why Wiggins didn't start today? He's pretty much only at PN for race days but mainly the TTs...
oh god. I wish I could violate the tos for stupidity

Care to explain?
it'sa f'n mountain itt. what do you think wiggins will do there? :rolleyes:

He's the current record holder on that same mountain

Re: Re:

Ryo Hazuki said:
PremierAndrew said:
Ryo Hazuki said:
PremierAndrew said:
Anyone know why Wiggins didn't start today? He's pretty much only at PN for race days but mainly the TTs...
oh god. I wish I could violate the tos for stupidity

Care to explain?
it'sa f'n mountain itt. what do you think wiggins will do there? :rolleyes:
lol, you do realize he won this very tt a few years ago?

:facepalm

There goes Richie, I'd be surprised if he recovers after his bad day (even without the fall) from yesterday...if ihe does, it might be a sign that he's no longer "soft in the head".

And off goes Tony ! Wow, he looks SLOW unless he's pushing a big one ?