• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2015 Strade Bianche, 7th March, 200 km, 1.HC

Page 23 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Netserk said:
That is a true shame. What incintitive will there now be for Valverde to attack? One could hope that the presence of Gerrans could force him to, or at the very least make sure he would lose if he didn't.

Chasing Purito while the latter decided to attack on La Redoute:D

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Again congratulation to all podium riders,what an amazing race it has been.I will watch it full time later,so I will appreciate if some good man will send me a link to full broadcast :)

Styby amazed how I hoped,but judging from the comments Valverde may have worked way too hard (omg:eek:) and he could have beat him(maybe).

Also hear hear all my GVA avatarbet opponents...I picked nice hard man avatar for you,so you will use it till LBL,enjoy :) (still unbeaten heh,I will have still my 8 as avatar ))

LSO50fc2a_LDB02_CYCLING_0202_11.JPG

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
ILovecycling said:
Again congratulation to all podium riders,what an amazing race it has been.I will watch it full time later,so I will appreciate if some good man will send me a link to full broadcast :)

Styby amazed how I hoped,but judging from the comments Valverde may have worked way too hard (omg:eek:) and he could have beat him(maybe).

Also hear hear all my GVA avatarbet opponents...I picked nice hard man avatar for you,so you will use it till LBL,enjoy :) (still unbeaten heh,I will have still my 8 as avatar ))

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1QgvNNCGJE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IP6EwBueKlI

Greets from the good man;)

Arredondo said:
So Gerrans broke his elbow today, in his first race after he recovered from a broken collarbone.

hindsight I know but mentioned how unsuited he is to this race, can't handle his bike at all.

also on Stybar for those that forget he was right up with Cancellara in Roubiax before he had run in with spectator. And his cross background suited to this terrain

GVA gets another podium. At least he rode intelligently at the finish but as often is the case there was one rider too strong. Even though Valverde worked hard I was still surprised he was dropped by GVA's attack. Gutsy ride by Vanmarcke as well. Terrible luck for Gerrans at the worst time of the season for him.

Apr 12, 2009
Visit site
manafana said:
hindsight I know but mentioned how unsuited he is to this race, can't handle his bike at all.

also on Stybar for those that forget he was right up with Cancellara in Roubiax before he had run in with spectator. And his cross background suited to this terrain
Cancellara, Stybar and GVA all mentioned how dangerous the race was in these extremely windy conditions...

ILovecycling said:

LSO50fc2a_LDB02_CYCLING_0202_11.JPG

Image is too large.

ILovecycling said:
No way. Stybar was way stronger no matter what.

Buffalo Soldier said:
Cancellara, Stybar and GVA all mentioned how dangerous the race was in these extremely windy conditions...

What race Cancellara wouldn't rate as dangerous? His last hydrobike session maybe?

Kwibus said:
They showed a slomo of 2 riders almost getting blown into the ditch on the dirt roads. Im sure some did end up in the ditch.

Well it only adds to the epicness of this race :)

there was a story of sky rider changing a wheel and his spare blowing away, was some strong crosswinds at time, safe enough except when bloody cars where trying to pass dropped riders

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Fabio Felline is doing really well so far this season. A lot of top-5 results already, and now 8th in his first participation at Strade Bianche. Last year he was virtually invisible - looking forward to seeing what he can do for the remainder of the season.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Kwibus said:
They showed a slomo of 2 riders almost getting blown into the ditch on the dirt roads. Im sure some did end up in the ditch.

Well it only adds to the epicness of this race :)

Calvin Watson from Trek tweeted "That was a crazy crazy day! Sad to crash out of @StradeBianche I was literally blown off my bike! #scary"

May 23, 2013
Visit site
Hugo Koblet said:
Thanks. There you go. This looks nice. At least Stybar looks a lot less psychotic than Kristoff.

I'd assumed you'd chosen that image of Kristoff precisely because he looked psychotic.

Btw. watching that "How The Race Was Won" and thinking about it again, I think Cancellara's effort was outstanding, and that he's well on form for the big cobble classics.
Hope Boonen didn't get hurt again today, because I'm hopeful we'll see the biggest showdown in a decade or so... :D

TRENDING THREADS