• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2015 Tour de France: Stage 1, Utrecht-Utrecht

Page 46 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Re: Re:

classicomano said:
Miburo said:
Kelderman? stop it LMAO
Ryo Hazuki said:
I will bet my ballsack kelderman won't top ten here. still hilarious though how you overrate the dutch :tranen:
jB0QYM5.gif

Miburo said:
Nvm i was wrong, he won the dutch ITT last week. He'll top 5 easily.

What are you talking about? I wasn't far off with my prediction.

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site

concorde said:
classicomano said:
Miburo said:
Kelderman? stop it LMAO
Ryo Hazuki said:
I will bet my ballsack kelderman won't top ten here. still hilarious though how you overrate the dutch :tranen:
jB0QYM5.gif

Actually i also think Kelderman will be in top 10 .. he is in his best form of his life/career ..
Can we talk about the fact that Gesink beat Uran, Ryo probably had a nervous breakdown :D

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Re:

Dekker_Tifosi said:
Also, Kelderman then Gesink then Mollema as bedt GC riders is hilarious. Too bad there are mountains and cobble stages

And flat stages.... :D

Then again in the tour it's pretty much russian roulette with the crashes on the flat.

Even though this hasn't come up, or at least I haven't seen it: the guy who put in the most astonishing performance of the GT candidates was T. Pinot! Faster than Froome, faster than Contador, faster than Nibili! I mean its freekin T. Pinot, they guy who got crushed in the Tour de Swiss's last TT. What a a ride, no?

Then TJ also rode superbly. What this seems to indicate is that Contador certainly is not at the level one would have expected for one who is trying to win the race, but even Froome underperformed today.

Jun 27, 2015
Visit site
Re:

armchairclimber said:
Never mind all that, what was Kwiatkowski playing at?

He wasnt riding for placement at all, probably team order .. And when u think about it they had Tony Martin, the rest should save powa for train in second stage.. Kinda basic pro cycling tactic :D

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Re:

rhubroma said:
Even though this hasn't come up, or at least I haven't seen it: the guy who put in the most astonishing performance of the GT candidates was T. Pinot! Faster than Froome, faster than Contador, faster than Nibili! I mean its freekin T. Pinot, they guy who got crushed in the Tour de Swiss's last TT. What a a ride, no?

Then TJ also rode superbly. What this seems to indicate is that Contador certainly is not at the level one would have expected for one who is trying to win the race, but even Froome underperformed today.
Isn't Pinot's and Quintana's ride a product of the conditions?

LaFlorecita said:
Singer01 said:
so the bookies think that Quintana and Nibali did best today, no surprises there. contador now 4th favourite, wonder when he last entered a grand tour in that position?
Does it matter?

ultimately none of it matters, since it's a bunch of skinny men riding bikes, i thought it was interesting that the bookies inferred the same from today as the board did.

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
Re:

rhubroma said:

Froom is not the same Froom we saw a couple of years ago. As to AC, we all know age is catching up with him very quickly.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site

FCKAC said:
rhubroma said:

Froom is not the same Froom we saw a couple of years ago. As to AC, we all know age is catching up with him very quickly.

You spell it wrong. It is Vroom... ;)
Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsgdwM73EgM

concorde said:
armchairclimber said:

He wasnt riding for placement at all, probably team order .. And when u think about it they had Tony Martin, the rest should save powa for train in second stage.. Kinda basic pro cycling tactic :D

Except that the yellow jersey could have been on the cards with the hilly stages we have to come.

concorde said:
armchairclimber said:

He had stated that he was aiming to take yellow in the first week. I suppose a hard effort later in the week might make more sense than going all out today.

Of main GC guys Quintana, Nibali and Pinot can be really pleased with their efforts this afternoon and todays stage did nothing but strenghten my view that those aforementioned three will make up the final podium in Paris (barring crashes and other types of misfortune).

Contador just doesn't look like he is on top of his game, but anything else is unlikely to be enough to win this Tour. Still one can never rule a rider like him out so early. A dark horse rather than the main favourite.

Froome has been below par in TTs all season long, but very strong in the mountains. Still, expected him to be stronger compared to his main GC rivals today. He was weaker than i expected and like Contador is looking more like a dark horse rather than the biggest favourite. Specially considering his abilities on cobbles are completely unknown.

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site

armchairclimber said:
concorde said:
armchairclimber said:

He had stated that he was aiming to take yellow in the first week. I suppose a hard effort later in the week might make more sense than going all out today.

Going all out today exactly makes sense if he is aiming for a yellow, but he's apparently in bad shape. In good form he would end up top 10 easily today

TRENDING THREADS