• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2015 Tour de France Stage 13: Muret > Rodez 198.5km

Page 12 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

TheGreenMonkey said:
Frosty said:
Pierrot le Fou said:
LaFlorecita said:
Pierrot le Fou said:
Initial timing on tour website has him with the Froome group. Seems very generous given the finish.
Indeed, quite odd but that's the rule.

This is the rule:

In the event that a rider or riders suffer a fall, puncture or mechanical incident in the last 3 kilometres and such an incident is duly recognised, the rider or riders involved are credited with the same finishing time of the rider or riders they were with at the time of the incident.

They are attributed this ranking only upon crossing the finish line. If after a fall, it is impossible for a rider to cross the finish line, he is given the ranking of last in the stage and credited with the time of the rider or riders he was with at the time of the incident. For exceptional cases, the decision taken by the stewards committee is final.

I'm not sure how they decide which riders he was with. After all, he was in the same group as GvA and Sagan as well. Or in the same group as Demare who finished 47 seconds back.

Letour site actually has him awarded with +6 seconds whereas the other GC guys were +7 seconds :confused:

http://www.letour.fr/le-tour/2015/us/classifications.html

Probably a typo when making a quick manual adjustment.

Yes, probably. Apparently he finished 88th at 3:46 so it looks like some manual adjustments have been done.

May 17, 2015
Visit site
How did Kristoff manage to lose 45 seconds when he was at the front with a km to go though? Last chance for Kristoff, Degenkolb and Sagan seems to be stage 15.

Re:

Z3lvet said:
How did Kristoff manage to lose 45 seconds when he was at the front with a km to go though? Last chance for Kristoff, Degenkolb and Sagan seems to be stage 15.

Looking at a replay, a lot of people went early and just slowed down when they realised they weren't going to win. Matthews, Stybar and an FDJ rider all really dropped a lot of places.

Bennett is the new lanterne rouge as he finished in a group of 8 at +21 minutes today

Re:

Z3lvet said:

well, stage 15 will be for break imho, and as far as sagan is concerned, he will survive that cat2 climb before finish of stage 16 to gap to come second just to prove the tradition.

Just watched the last K. Wow! I can't believe Sagan didn't win that. The whole time it looked like a foregone conclusion but he just wasn't strong enough.

Really happy for GvA. Now, if he can only get that really big one day win he's been chasing forever. What's his best, Paris-Tours? This is shaping up to be his best year ever. I'd love to see him take Worlds.

May 17, 2015
Visit site

tomorrow said:
Z3lvet said:

well, stage 15 will be for break imho, and as far as sagan is concerned, he will survive that cat2 climb before finish of stage 16 to gap to come second just to prove the tradition.
Cat. 2 climb this close to finish is too much for today´s Sagan (heavier than usual) imo.

May 29, 2015
Visit site
Sophistic said:
This has to be a joke, Mollema gains time on Barguil, Talansky, Pinot by not competing on the final climb...

Yeah, that doesn't seem fair. If I were one of his GC competitors I would definitely complain.

Andro said:
Sophistic said:
This has to be a joke, Mollema gains time on Barguil, Talansky, Pinot by not competing on the final climb...

Yeah, that doesn't seem fair. If I were one of his GC competitors I would definitely complain.
Different circumstances but in 2011, Contador and Sanchez and about 20 others finished 1 minute ahead of Andy Schleck on a very similar finish, but ended up with a 1.14 deficit. Because the crash that delayed Andy was just inside the 3k mark and the crash that delayed them was just outside. They subsequently went full gas all the way up the climb, while Andy calmly strolled his way in with no loss of energy. The Andy Schleck Organization, as it was then known, decided it was too complicated to see who finished where or what group they would have ended up in. So they gave everyone who had been in the 1st crash a fixed time of 1.20 and everybody who did not fall in the first crash the fixed time of +6 which was the time Hushovd in 3rd place finished in. Even riders that never crashed but had simply been dropped by Hushovd, still got the fixed + 6 time. Considering Andy would go on to lose time to Hushovd on both the next 2 hill finishes, it was extremely generous to give him the time of Hushovd.
The dodgiest thing was that the 2nd crash - the one inside the 3k rule, also delayed the Contador Sanchez group, because when they got there 40 seconds later, there was still carnage on the road and no space to pass through. But ASO said it didn't delay them and continued to count the time.

I know some people say - oh but its in the rules, but I don't think this was the kind of situation the rules were designed for. They were designed to give leniency to those who get caught out on sprinters finishes, though this wasn't even a sprinters finish.

This was the same stage where Hushovd had to wear the KOM jersey the next day, despite not possessing a single KOM point because the single KOM point scored was also the yellow jersey winner, since the KOM point was the finish line.

Carols said:
Bushman said:
Carols said:
GVA Nice win!!!! Sagan Fail Again!

How is this a fail? He did everything right, GVA were just stronger in the end. I know it's a popular thing mock Sagan and call it a fail whenever he doesn't win, but honestly not a single one of his podium places this Tour has been a result of a 'fail' or dumb tactical move.

By not winning......Again.

So if you give everything you have, does all the right things but just isn't strong enough, it's a fail?

Thats not the way I would use the word fail.

The Hitch said:
Andro said:
Sophistic said:

Different circumstances but in 2011, Contador and Sanchez and about 20 others finished 1 minute ahead of Andy Schleck on a very similar finish, but ended up with a 1.14 deficit. Because the crash that delayed Andy was just inside the 3k mark and the crash that delayed them was just outside. They subsequently went full gas all the way up the climb, while Andy calmly strolled his way in with no loss of energy. The Andy Schleck Organization, as it was then known, decided it was too complicated to see who finished where or what group they would have ended up in. So they gave everyone who had been in the 1st crash a fixed time of 1.20 and everybody who did not fall in the first crash the fixed time of +6 which was the time Hushovd in 3rd place finished in. Even riders that never crashed but had simply been dropped by Hushovd, still got the fixed + 6 time. Considering Andy would go on to lose time to Hushovd on both the next 2 hill finishes, it was extremely generous to give him the time of Hushovd.
The dodgiest thing was that the 2nd crash - the one inside the 3k rule, also delayed the Contador Sanchez group, because when they got there 40 seconds later, there was still carnage on the road and no space to pass through. But ASO said it didn't delay them and continued to count the time.

I know some people say - oh but its in the rules, but I don't think this was the kind of situation the rules were designed for. They were designed to give leniency to those who get caught out on sprinters finishes, though this wasn't even a sprinters finish.

exactly why the 3Km rule should only be on flat finishes. Was very suprised to hear it counted today

Frosty said:
Z3lvet said:

Looking at a replay, a lot of people went early and just slowed down when they realised they weren't going to win. Matthews, Stybar and an FDJ rider all really dropped a lot of places.

Bennett is the new lanterne rouge as he finished in a group of 8 at +21 minutes today

The laterne rouge has oddly circulated around anglo riders - Matthews, Dowsett now Bennett. Stannard a contender but very oddly Kennaugh isn't far off.

Z3lvet said:
tomorrow said:
Z3lvet said:

Cat. 2 climb this close to finish is too much for today´s Sagan (heavier than usual) imo.

Disagree. I think several sprinters like Degenkolb and Kristoff will still be there and Cavendish will try.

Sophistic said:
He would have gained time regardless, look at his Mur de Huy/Mur de Bretagne finishes. He was (much) better there then all the names you mentioned there as well.
It would be wise to assume Mollema would have easily finished with the heads of state

Pity Kelderman could not win today. He was unlucky especially because Giant worked for nothing and Gautier is Voeckler number 2. A stupid wheelsucker who profits always

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site

TMP402 said:
Z3lvet said:
tomorrow said:
Z3lvet said:

Disagree. I think several sprinters like Degenkolb and Kristoff will still be there and Cavendish will try.
For stage 15 yes, for stage 16 unlikely. In other news, greipel seems spent

TRENDING THREADS