• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2015 Tour de France Stage 13: Muret > Rodez 198.5km

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

Netserk said:
Catwhoorg said:
Sky for sure will not chase the 'right' breakaway.

We saw this played out well in 2012. They aren't especially interested in stage wins, so as long as there is no GC threat, the break wins, or someone else does the work to haul them back.

Its actually quite an intelligent strategy, protecting their doms energy for the other stages.
Has there ever been a team that didn't do that?
Yeah. Its really weird to keep reading the simplest things being described as intelligent.
Yesterday itv kept going on and on about how intelligent sky were for using their flat doms on the flat and then their other flat doms, errr I mean their mountain doms, in the mountains

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
Re:

Sasquatch said:
I think a late attack will win. Maybe a group of 3 or 4 from the peloton featuring guys like Wellens, Jungels, Gallopin, Kwiatkowski etc.

Kwiats legs are probably not that fresh after yesterday.

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Re:

Sasquatch said:
I think a late attack will win. Maybe a group of 3 or 4 from the peloton featuring guys like Wellens, Jungels, Gallopin, Kwiatkowski etc.

With such horrendous heat, many domestiques are fried and won't be able to rein in attackers : biggish guys who want to have a chance in the finish will have to jump behind attackers. Either a small group or lone rider attacking in that uncategorized hill 12kms from the finish takes it (sort of Gallopin / Navardauskas wins last year), either it splinters the bunch enough that we have a smallish bunch sprinting it with 30ish riders like in Nancy last year (well the sprint itsefl being different of course).

Riders are baked.