• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2015 Tour de France: Stage 2: Utrecht › Neeltje Jans (166k)

Tomorrow, the answer is blowing wind in the massively hyped cross-wind stage. Are we going to see some serious action?

Stage:

Stage-1432647217.jpeg

Final k's:
Stage-1432649018.jpeg

Larger overview:

grand_depart_3_etapes.small.jpg

You can't win the Tour on a stage like this but you can lose it.

Re: 2015 Tour de France: Stage 2: Utrecht › Neeltje Jans (16

No ro be rude, but if you are going to open a stage thread, we want pictures in the post, not links. Also, many people take time to write really awesome original posts with analyzes of the stage and of the riders who are likely to contend and stuff like that, so if you aren't gonna do those things, please don't open any more race threads.

Again, not trying to be rude, I just want to maximize what is, the Tour experience on the forum.

Walkman said:
No ro be rude, but if you are going to open a stage thread, we want pictures in the post, not links. Also, many people take time to write really awesome original posts with analyzes of the stage and of the riders who are likely to contend and stuff like that, so if you aren't gonna do those things, please don't open any more race threads.

Again, not trying to be rude, I just want to maximize what is, the Tour experience on the forum.

Fixed that.

Walkman said:

To be fair, I recall that every single stage thread from the Giro was a quote of an earlier post by Eshner(?).

I really miss the old way the threads were opened during GTs, you could just feel the enthusiasm of the author while you read about a climb, a descent, a rider, a stage, a race itself. I don't expect epic threads about a sprint stage, just think out loud.

Jun 27, 2015
Visit site
Re:

DenisMenchov said:
I really miss the old way the threads were opened during GTs, you could just feel the enthusiasm of the author while you read about a climb, a descent, a rider, a stage, a race itself. I don't expect epic threads about a sprint stage, just think out loud.

Im here to make it interesting. Trust me. :D

LottoNL-Jumbo is planning to blow the field on this stage when they turn into the windy stretch. If really windy this will be bad news for smaller teams with no power horses..

I havent placed my bets yet, will do as close to start as possible tomorrow after reading weather forecast :D

Last year I would have written that I expect a big disappointment in such a stage, because I think last year most races weren't really exciting. However this year was pretty great until now, so I really really hope we will get an awsome race.

Jun 27, 2015
Visit site

Gigs_98 said:
Last year I would have written that I expect a big disappointment in such a stage, because I think last year most races weren't really exciting. However this year was pretty great until now, so I really really hope we will get an awsome race.

166 km on dutch windy roads with idiot managers in the team cars, what more u want? :D

Im hoping it rains here at my home and hurricane from start at Utrecht, and an Oleg Tinkov with an airgun shooting at his own team..

Jun 27, 2015
Visit site
Re:

LaFlorecita said:

Lol, Sagan never wins bunch sprints unless in a lesser field..

Kristoff wins this ahead of Cav and Greipel. For sure these 3 are top 3. Degenkolb has the best train, but he will blow it i think, though has the best odds of potential winners :D

Odds for stage 2 (betsson)

Mark Cavendish 2.10
Alexander Kristoff 4.00
Andre Greipel 6.00
Peter Sagan 13.00
Nacer Bouhanni 13.00
John Degenkolb 15.00
Arnaud Demare 16.00
Bryan Coquard 23.00
Sam Bennett 30.00
Edvald Boasson Hagen 50.00

As i see it i would place 200$ on Degenkolb and 100$ on Kristoff . always bet more on the better odds :D

I wont place any until right before start though.

Jun 27, 2015
Visit site
Re: Re:

cellardoor said:
concorde said:
LaFlorecita said:

Kristoff wins this ahead of Cav and Greipel. For sure these 3 are top 3. Degenkolb has the best train, but will blow it :D

Kristoff needs 200km+ ;)

Nah, just for 100% wins :D . All Kristoff needs is Luca Paolini and a clear view of the 200 meters post..

concorde said:
cellardoor said:
concorde said:
LaFlorecita said:

Kristoff wins this ahead of Cav and Greipel. For sure these 3 are top 3. Degenkolb has the best train, but will blow it :D

Kristoff needs 200km+ ;)

Nah, just for 100% wins :D . All Kristoff needs is Luca Paolini and a clear view of the 200 meters post..

Good point, but it remains to be seen if Luca has opted for the marginal gains approach of shaving his beard to save weight. If he has, Kristoff has no chance.

Jun 27, 2015
Visit site

cellardoor said:
concorde said:
cellardoor said:
concorde said:
LaFlorecita said:

Kristoff needs 200km+ ;)

Good point, but it remains to be seen if Luca has opted for the marginal gains approach of shaving his beard to save weight. If he has, Kristoff has no chance.

Kristoff only has 3 in his train, rest if for Purito in the climbs .. Katusha will not pull a single meter until 2km mark. But im pretty sure he will be in the front when its 200 meters to go, with Cav on his wheel .. Greipel is first to try get around Kristoff , but kristoff can hold his watts to the line.. Maybe cav can get around ,but in the wind they all die around Kristoff :D

I havent seen a sprinter like Kristoff since Abdoujaparov ..

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
Any chance of a team doing the same thing that Saxo did (in 13 i think it was) getting away when there is sidewind, running a pseudo team time trial?

concorde said:
Kristoff only has 3 in his train, rest if for Purito in the climbs .. Katusha will not pull a single meter until 2km mark. But im pretty sure he will be in the front when its 200 meters to go, with Cav on his wheel .. Greipel is first to try get around Kristoff , but kristoff can hold his watts to the line.. Maybe cav can get around ,but in the wind they all die around Kristoff :D

I havent seen a sprinter like Kristoff since Abdoujaparov ..

I dunno, I hear Kristoff likes baked beans on toast, but I didn't know it was that bad.

TRENDING THREADS