• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2015 Tour de France: Stage 2: Utrecht › Neeltje Jans (166k)

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 27, 2015
Visit site
Re:

goggalor said:
There's only one true favourite on a finish like this... but since he's not starting I'm gonna go with Cavendish.

Watch when Kristoff starts his sprint , cav dies after 100 meters ..

1.Kristoff
2.Degenkolb
3.Sagan

15.Cavendish

Im never wrong.

http://www.weerplaza.nl/nederland/middelburg/13761

Weather forecast of Middelburg which is nearby Neeltje Jans.
Unpredictable weather starts from 14:00. Wind picks up as well up to 4Bft, which isn't terrifying, but the rodes they have to ride are in the wide open and sometimes pretty much on the sea.

http://www.ad.nl/ad/nl/1012/Nederla...wing-KNMI-hagel-en-windstoten-op-zondag.dhtml

News about weatherwarning for the whole country starting at 13:00 tomorrow. Hail, rain, thunderstorms and possible wind gusts.

Re: 2015 Tour de France: Stage 2: Utrecht › Neeltje Jans (16

Gigs_98 said:
rain and win hehehe :D
The only thing that could destroy the action is that the wind is SW wind --> head wind

The site I referred too says it will be W/NW. I hope they are right.
I hope it will be mayhem without crashed and injuries, which is unlikely though. Still I hope so.

Kwibus said:
Gigs_98 said:
rain and win hehehe :D
The only thing that could destroy the action is that the wind is SW wind --> head wind

The site I referred too says it will be W/NW. I hope they are right.
I hope it will be mayhem without crashed and injuries, which is unlikely though. Still I hope so.
God, if you want me to believe in you than make this real. :mad:

Something's telling me the race will be more affected by the wind in France than here.
Here, everybody's fresh, expecting the echelons and are going to ride cautiously, tight, in the group.
In France, the terrain will be lumpy, roads will be turning and twisting between exposed and covered sections, and the riders should be less attentive since they'll think the worst has passed.
Anyway, the chances are that any damage made by the wind tomorrow can be repaired or worsened in France.

Greipel looked sharp today and the team doesn't exactly have other objectives but stage victories.

cellardoor said:
Walkman said:
No ro be rude, but if you are going to open a stage thread, we want pictures in the post, not links. Also, many people take time to write really awesome original posts with analyzes of the stage and of the riders who are likely to contend and stuff like that, so if you aren't gonna do those things, please don't open any more race threads.

Again, not trying to be rude, I just want to maximize what is, the Tour experience on the forum.

To be fair, I recall that every single stage thread from the Giro was a quote of an earlier post by Eshner(?).

Yeah, as I said, it was not my intention to be the rude. I just feel like that if you are going to open a thread, you should put some effort into it. There are plenty of passionate posters here who likes to create really awesome stage-threads and if you don't really feel like you have the time to do it properly, just leave it to the guys who enjoy doing it! :) Win-win for all of us!

Just my two cents.

Re: Re:

concorde said:
goggalor said:
There's only one true favourite on a finish like this... but since he's not starting I'm gonna go with Cavendish.

1.Kristoff
2.Degenkolb
3.Sagan

15.Cavendish

Im never wrong.

I was glad when you won your big Dennis bet, really I was, but could you tone the arrogance down a notch please, Concord Nostradamus?

concorde said:
goggalor said:

1.Kristoff
2.Degenkolb
3.Sagan

15.Cavendish

Im never wrong.

In cycling you can always be wrong. You seem to like Kristoff; you've posted maybe 20 times now that he'll win. What makes you think he is faster than Cav in a flat sprint? Have you ever seen Cav sprint. You could easily be disappointed tomorrow.

Brullnux said:
Say what you about Cav, he is good in crosswinds and one of the few British riders with a good tactical mind. This stage is one he and his team will target, especially with Uran for GC too, they will try to distance Katusha, and the only ones I can see getting through Etixx full genius from Katusha are Paolini and Kristoff. Sagan is also good here, and Greipel is an underrated rider but an overrated sprinter, my prediction is Cav, Satan, Kristoff, Greipel. Kristoff will go slightly too early a la San Remo as he has only Luca to help. Cav comes to the side of him and Satan pips him at the line. Between the GC for gaps of about 10-30 seconds if no rain maximum, with rain then up to 1 minute. This won't happen now that I've said it will and is a weirdly precise prediction. If this is right then I'll runrun naked through the streets tomorrow night.

Now I'm really hoping your prediction happens. :D I'll hold you to it. :p

Velolover2 said:
classicomano said:
There will be echelons, and lots of them. It will be hell on earth with thunderstorms and tornado's. Be prepared.

Then Kristoff should be the favorite. Strongest guy in heavy crosswind.

But he won't have the support that Cav will have. Theoretically Cav should come to the end of this stage with a full lead out train. Cav has shown himself very strong in the wind. (2013 Tdf, 2014 Tour California.)

Jspear said:
Velolover2 said:
classicomano said:
There will be echelons, and lots of them. It will be hell on earth with thunderstorms and tornado's. Be prepared.

Then Kristoff should be the favorite. Strongest guy in heavy crosswind.

But he won't have the support that Cav will have. Theoretically Cav should come to the end of this stage with a full lead out train. Cav has shown himself very strong in the wind. (2013 Tdf, 2014 Tour California.)

I agree that Cav is underrated as a wind rider. He is much more versatile than a rider like Kittel. But he is up against powerhorses like Kristoff and Sagan who both are large strong men and much better on their own than Cav. An unguarded moment and he is no longer in the leading group. The Steppers need to step up.

TRENDING THREADS