• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2015 Tour de France Stage 5: Arras-Amiens 189.5km

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 14, 2009
Visit site
Re:

Escarabajo said:
So is Cav going to work for Martin tomorrow or the other way around?

Cav working for Tony? Hahaha :D :D :D Good one!

I cant believe you would even say that as we all know Cav is the most selfish person in the pro peloton.

In his books, teamwork stands for:

"you all work for me so I can win. But don't worry, I will give you a hug or a high five so I will look like a team player on TV ...capisce?!"

Re: Re:

Jancouver said:
Escarabajo said:

I cant believe you would even say that as we all know Cav is the most selfish person in the pro peloton.

"you all work for me so I can win. But don't worry, I will give you a hug or a high five so I will look like a team player on TV ...capisce?!"

didn't watch yesterdays stage then?

Re:

Richeypen said:
The profile looks innocuous enough for an off camera crash to wipe out one of the big 4.

That's what I was thinking as well. Now with wind and rain I actually have more hopes the race will split which will result in less crashes.
If its a typical flat bunch stage sprint we will definately get a mass pile up.

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Potentially an epic stage. Raind and strong wind. Especially from 50-25 km from the finish there will be open roads will strong cross winds.

Re: Re:

Pricey_sky said:
Jancouver said:
Escarabajo said:

didn't watch yesterdays stage then?

Just ignore the guy. No point reasoning with him. It's useless.

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Re:

togo95 said:
The wind might be strong enough, but its direction doesn't seem to be very favourable as predicted atm. That would be headwind most of the time in the final and even in the parts with crosswind, it should be rather cross-headwind than cross-tailwind which is the best for echelons.

from 50 to 25 km from the finish they be going south and the wind will hit them hard from the west. A lot of open roads and possibly rain too.

CJX6lUXUsAAJ8va.png:small

May 29, 2015
Visit site
DDavies said:
Brian Holm is sure that todays stage will be mayhem compared to yesterday stage due to crosswind. The gaps will be big.

I hope he's right. This stage has the potential to be incredibly boring.

Re:

TommyGun said:
So everybody is thinking mass sprint?
If the wind forecast is accurate, I am seeing a stage the like of the 2013 St Amand Montrond one, with Tinkoff making a power move to create echelons, both for Sagan's win and Contador regaining some time. It is becoming clear, now, from we what we have seen in the Grand Tours in the last few years, that you can gain much more time in the plain than on MTFs (minutes vs seconds).

This is a great point, and epsecially with regards to Movistar and Quintana - who seem to fare worse in the crosswinds than the other big 4 and their teams.

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
This tour really gonna be like the giro, every day something happens. And look at the second and third week. Almost every day there's potential danger, still not as great as the giro but for tour standards pretty good.

If only there was a long ITT and a very very hard MTF.

So rain and crosswinds?

TRENDING THREADS