• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2015 Tour de France Stage 6: Abbeville-Le Havre 191.5km

Page 21 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

Ruby United said:
Ruby United said:
Pantani Attacks said:
Dog said:
therhodeo said:
2 best TT riders in the world both get chopped down while wearing yellow. Who's next?

Bradley Wiggins isn't in the race.

Lolololololol

What's so funny :confused: ???

Wiggins being labeled a top TT guy lmao
Apparently being the World champ doesn't count as a top TT guy anymore.. ?[/quote]

Yep
World TT Champion
1 hour record holder
Olympic TT Champion

And what has Cancellara done in TT over the last 2 years?
If you ask me
Tony and Wiggo

Dumoulin

Cancellara
Malori
Dowsett.....[/quote]
Seems you got my comment completely wrong. Wiggins is definitely a top TT'er, but so is Cancellara (His palmares in 2015 alone indicates that).

Miburo said:
Ruby United said:
Eagle said:
No yellow jersey tomorrow? Or will it be passed on to Froome?

Either Tony continues with yellow
If he quits Froome gets it
Unless Froome refuses out of respect for Tony (happened once before, with Merckx I believe, anyone wanna supply details)

Contador did it too in '07 :p

Merckx did it out of respect for ocana crashing in the yellow jersey. Froome is a donkey, he'll wear whatever he has to

The ASO want to have a yellow jersey in the race. See -05 Tour when Zabriskie crashed out.

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Ok, the only way I can make sense of Martin is that he was too close to the Movistar (Europcar ?) rider in front of him and he moved to the right to avoid touching his wheel or rear derailleur

BigMac said:
Netserk said:
BigMac said:
Netserk said:
Cance > TheRest said:
quote="Netserk"]Sagan only has himself to blame. When does he learn? In a situation like that he needs to take responsibility and close down Stybar asap./quote]
Hard to know that Katusha wouldn't use their strength in numbers to close it
Doesn't matter. In a situation like that he should be on the wheel of Stybar immediately.

I think you're being to harsh on him. It's that on every single race he is to contend, his chances are hijacked by wheelsuckers and others expecting him to do all the work. Had he jumped on Stybar, others would have followed, as they had all eyes on him, and someone else would attack, and Sagan would be expected to chace again, closing all possible attacks. The way people race against him is at least revolting, I think.
It's racing. (Sagan needs to) Deal with it.

Well, I get it, but then you cannot complain about how he is not willing to be leeched. It's also racing.
Of course. If you don't want to win, you don't have to.

May 17, 2015
Visit site
Punkan said:
Gigs_98 said:
Sagan had bad luck because the guy in front of him couldn't hold stybars wheel

Then Sagan should have reacted. Doubt he had the energy though.
I saw the replay and Sagan was few places down when Stybar attacked and the first rider couldn´t hold his wheel. At this point it was already over, because everyone would just slipstream behind him and outsprint him.

Watching the replay, Nibali certainly got the worst of it being on the bottom of the doggy pile. TJ landed on top so should be OK. Froome did show some nice moves, but he veered totally off course and unclipped to keep from crashing. No way should he lose time for that IMO.

Re:

djpbaltimore said:
I seem to recall that Armstrong didn't want to wear the yellow jersey after Zabriskie crashed and the organizers threatened to DQ if he did not. So I don't think Froome will be allowed to abdicate if Martin withdraws.

When it comes to men of honor, Armstrong and the tour organizers are as good as it gets.

TMP402 said:
Finn84 said:
Eagle said:
No yellow jersey tomorrow? Or will it be passed on to Froome?

Example from 2007 suggest that there is no yellow jersey tomorrow assuming Martin won't start. Martin has finished the stage and is officially the leader until next stage is finished.

The difference with 07 is that that was when Rasmussen was pulled by Rabobank.

I don't think that technically there would be any difference. Martin finished the stage, and so has the lowest cumulative time until the next stage is finished. I was wondering if the Tour would consider a DNS as a withdrawal to the effect that Froome would have the lowest cumulative time at the start of next stage, but the Rasmussen example suggests they only officially count the leader at the end of the stage. The context is different but the rules should be the same.

Arredondo said:
LaFlorecita said:
No he didn't. Just watch the images.
I just did. Contador goes past the crash after Froome clicks his pedal back in. Yet Froome manages to finish behind Quintana who got caught in the crash. How??
My issue is not with Froome getting the same time (which is normal because he was affected, although barely, by the crash) but with him taking advantage of the situation.

Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
dacooley said:
LaFlorecita said:
Miburo said:
LaFlorecita said:
Brilliant win for Styby but gutted for Tony :(

And Alberto gets time on Froome but won't get it because of the crash :mad:

You're joking right? Contador was behind froome and nibali when the crash happened, you want to gain time cause of a crash?

Great victory stybar and poor tony, his tour is over
I'm angry because Froome obviously got past the crash, but then took advantage of the situation and took it easy because he knew he would get the same time anyway. Contador was way behind Froome but somehow finished in front of him. Maybe I didn't see it correctly but it seems to me like Contador took time on Froome after the crash had happened and after they both had gotten past the crash.

too obvious trolling

more like fanaticism

JRanton said:
bassano said:
LaFlorecita said:
Brilliant win for Styby but gutted for Tony :(

And Alberto gets time on Froome but won't get it because of the crash :mad:

Exactly, Nibali and Contador were in nice position and they could do some time from it

Nonsense. Froome was well ahead of Contador when the crash happened. And he was even very slightly ahead of Nibali which is why he just managed to avoid crashing.

Contador was set to lose 5-10 seconds on Froome Nibali Quintana and Van Garderen...

Re:

djpbaltimore said:
Watching the replay, Nibali certainly got the worst of it being on the bottom of the doggy pile. TJ landed on top so should be OK. Froome did show some nice moves, but he veered totally off course and unclipped to keep from crashing. No way should he lose time for that IMO.

He is not going to. That was trolling

LaFlorecita said:
Arredondo said:
LaFlorecita said:
I just did. Contador goes past the crash after Froome clicks his pedal back in. Yet Froome manages to finish behind Quintana who got caught in the crash. How??
My issue is not with Froome getting the same time (which is normal because he was affected, although barely, by the crash) but with him taking advantage of the situation.
A 200m effort really isn't going to be a big deal over 3 weeks, especially since tomorrow is pan flat.

LaFlorecita said:
Arredondo said:
LaFlorecita said:

True. Now Froome will beat Contador by half a second using that enormous amount of extra energy he just conserved :eek:

TRENDING THREADS