• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2015 Tour de France Stage 6: Abbeville-Le Havre 191.5km

Page 30 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

Eagle said:
Armchair cyclist said:
On falling, Nibali’s first instinct was to assume that the crash had been Froome’s fault and as he picked himself off the tarmac on the Rue Georges Lafaurie, it appears that he was not at all shy in making his feelings known.

"I was really very angry. In the heat of the moment, I was very angry with him,” Nibali told reporters when he emerges from the Astana bus. “At the time, I thought he was the one who had hit me and caused the fall, but that wasn’t the case. I’ve watched the video since and I’ve seen that it was Tony Martin’s crash that brought us down. Froome came on the bus to clear things up and I apologised to him as well.

“I don’t know exactly what happened, I saw that there was a deviation from left to right, then I was pushed to the right and I hit Froome, who was on my right. I went down heavily, and Barguil fell on top of me, I think.”

Not sure that Valverde thought the same, I think he was moaning that Froome was in his way as Froome had been pushed across the road from the crash, no thought for his leader Quintana from Piti
How could he, even momentarily, have thought that having a guy thud into him on his left was the fault of a rider on his right? When he climbed out of the heap of bodies, there was no sky shirt among the pile. An entirely irrational accusation, even if it was subsequently withdrawn. He acknowledges his error, but no apology. Poor.
He has apologized to him in person and on twitter.
No idea how he thought Froome cause the crash, Valverde thought the same and he was behind, presumably he would have seen it all happen

I dont think Valverde was blaming Froome for the crash but for blocking his route (as Froome pushed to the right by the crash), obviously no thought for his crashed leader from Piti

Re:

Dog said:
Well according to Ned Boulting, Chris Froome himself has dismissed the idea that a bidon was thrown at him. So that's that.

Real life doesn't quite work like that. Froome is being a gent and protecting Nibali's reputation (whatever's left of it).

Where do you think Ned Boulting initially got the idea from that Nibali had thrown a bidon at Froome? Strange thing to make up, no?

DBotero said:
Miburo said:
DBotero said:
Miburo said:
Nah man on the allos when nibali and contador will go full genius, froome won't follow. If he would he would fall in the first corner flat on his face.

Miburo said:
I don't think he has a thread yet. He deserves one, I like how he rides.

And he made fun of Wiggins in the tour, how can you not like him for that? lol

He attacks when he can. And not an ***.

Anyway great rider and IMO the guy who is going to be the biggest challenge for Contador in the future GT's.

And he has a cute girlfriend, she doesn't know when to be quiet, still very nice :D
:eek: :eek: :eek:

I don't see the issue, he can't descend and looks like a donkey on the bike. Did i ever say otherwise?

Lol i was expecting more support for him from such a big fan.
Anyway i'm not convinced that Contador should attack on a descent.It didn't worked on 2013,if i remember right he almost brought down Froome in one stage and in 2014 he had that horrible crash on a descent.Contador as Froome should try on the climbs,let crazy guys like Nibali do these type of tricks.

Yes on the descent to Gap, Contador was trying to distance Froome, but Froome followed him very closely, then Contador took a bend too wide and went off the road. Froome, following Contador, also went off the road, but unlike Contador, despite his notoriously despicable bike-handling skills, managed to unclip and stay upright, while Contador hit the ground. Then Froome and Contador were paced back to the rest of the favourites by Porte, and Contador refused to take a pull on the front.

TMP402 said:
DBotero said:
Miburo said:
DBotero said:
Miburo said:
Nah man on the allos when nibali and contador will go full genius, froome won't follow. If he would he would fall in the first corner flat on his face.

Miburo said:
I don't think he has a thread yet. He deserves one, I like how he rides.

And he made fun of Wiggins in the tour, how can you not like him for that? lol

He attacks when he can. And not an ***.

Anyway great rider and IMO the guy who is going to be the biggest challenge for Contador in the future GT's.

And he has a cute girlfriend, she doesn't know when to be quiet, still very nice :D
:eek: :eek: :eek:

I don't see the issue, he can't descend and looks like a donkey on the bike. Did i ever say otherwise?

Lol i was expecting more support for him from such a big fan.
Anyway i'm not convinced that Contador should attack on a descent.It didn't worked on 2013,if i remember right he almost brought down Froome in one stage and in 2014 he had that horrible crash on a descent.Contador as Froome should try on the climbs,let crazy guys like Nibali do these type of tricks.

Yes on the descent to Gap, Contador was trying to distance Froome, but Froome followed him very closely, then Contador took a bend too wide and went off the road. Froome, following Contador, also went off the road, but unlike Contador, despite his notoriously despicable bike-handling skills, managed to unclip and stay upright, while Contador hit the ground. Then Froome and Contador were paced back to the rest of the favourites by Porte, and Contador refused to take a pull on the front.

You left out the main part.

After the stage King Entitlement had a whinge about how his competitors shouldn't be allowed to attack him on descents unless he gives his Royal permission.

I know some people will complain that I'm criticising Froome and that's not allowed on here or something, but fact is, even many of his fans were like "shut the *** up froomie" at that point.
And Froome's shocking whinging was the only reason anyone made any kind of deal out of that normal road incident where no one got hurt.

May 26, 2009
Visit site

del1962 said:
I dont think Valverde was blaming Froome for the crash but for blocking his route (as Froome pushed to the right by the crash), obviously no thought for his crashed leader from Piti

Piti thinks he's John Wayne.

LaFlorecita said:
DBotero said:
Loll i was expecting more support for him from such a big fan.
What, you want Contador to be a pussy? How's Contador going to win the Tour by only attacking uphill? He needs to exploit Froome's weaknesses and climbing isn't one of them.
You can bet your house on Contador attacking on the descent from Allos & Manse if he's behind on GC.

Eh, I'll take that bet.

TMP402 said:

I thought that was because Froome and Porte did not want to be behind Contador anymore, not because Contador did not want to take a pull.

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site

The Hitch said:
LaFlorecita said:
DBotero said:
Loll i was expecting more support for him from such a big fan.
What, you want Contador to be a pussy? How's Contador going to win the Tour by only attacking uphill? He needs to exploit Froome's weaknesses and climbing isn't one of them.
You can bet your house on Contador attacking on the descent from Allos & Manse if he's behind on GC.

Eh, I'll take that bet.

You don't think he will?

Even in his shitty 2013 tour he still attacked in the descends. Yes it was a pathetic attempt but he still 'attacked'.

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
anyone amongst the armada of cycling new’s sycophantic forumites is welcome to disagree with what i know to be the irrefutable truth of the alleged nibali and his flung at froome bidon affair. by virtue of my 15+ years of listening to phil and paul ‘s eloquent expertrise on all things cycling, i too have become an expert on all things cycling.

be you a newly registered member who doesn’t know the difference between compact crankset and a compact disc or a 10,000+ posts senior member who can name the top ten riders of every monument in the last 2 decades, all of you can learn a thing or five from me, a lowly junior member with fewer than 200 posts since april 18, 2010 – the date i **officially** became a cycling news forum member.

most importantly, i must reiterate that i have been schooled in all things cycling by more than one and one-half decades of listening to phil and paul – paradigms of cycling knowledge whose understanding of the sport we love can never be surpassed.

so: having ever so HUMBLY explained why i know what most of my brothers and sisters in crank arms can only dream of knowing, why – in those first chaotic nanoseconds before and after uphill finish crashes – i and i alone can clearly, instantly ascertain exactly what happened. PLUS: how many of you now snickering (alleged) “experts” reading this can say they walked less than 500 POURING rain meters from their home to the start line of the 1989 tour de trump prologue AND a bit less than 1km to the stage 13 finish line of the 1990 edition of the aforementioned race???

i did, and somewhere in a stack of unmarked boxes i’d have to take days to search through, i have a sean yates autograph on a tour de trump poster to prove it.

without further adieu, here is the skinny on the the nibali/froom bidon affair:

nibali did not throw his bidon at froome. anyone who has had the questionable fortune of listening to phil and paul at the end of any race they have ever covered would know that in addition to being heavy, opening a suitcase of courage is no easy task. to save every bit of weight possible in the nervous times approaching the end of a race, a professional bike rider tosses his final bidon (at speeds approaching 70 kph!!!) BEFORE the dangerous, chaotic closing meters of sprint finishes.

ergo: though the thought of marginal pains might have crossed his usually tranquillo mind, nibali – an accomplished professional bike rider – could not have had a bidon to throw in anger.

to those who think i just make this stuff up: well, you probably don’t believe that the diminutive alberto quintana is the spanish road race champion.

etymology said:
anyone amongst the armada of cycling new’s sycophantic forumites is welcome to disagree with what i know to be the irrefutable truth of the alleged nibali and his flung at froome bidon affair. by virtue of my 15+ years of listening to phil and paul ‘s eloquent expertrise on all things cycling, i too have become an expert on all things cycling.

be you a newly registered member who doesn’t know the difference between compact crankset and a compact disc or a 10,000+ posts senior member who can name the top ten riders of every monument in the last 2 decades, all of you can learn a thing or five from me, a lowly junior member with fewer than 200 posts since april 18, 2010 – the date i **officially** became a cycling news forum member.

most importantly, i must reiterate that i have been schooled in all things cycling by more than one and one-half decades of listening to phil and paul – paradigms of cycling knowledge whose understanding of the sport we love can never be surpassed.

so: having ever so HUMBLY explained why i know what most of my brothers and sisters in crank arms can only dream of knowing, why – in those first chaotic nanoseconds before and after uphill finish crashes – i and i alone can clearly, instantly ascertain exactly what happened. PLUS: how many of you now snickering (alleged) “experts” reading this can say they walked less than 500 POURING rain meters from their home to the start line of the 1989 tour de trump prologue AND a bit less than 1km to the stage 13 finish line of the 1990 edition of the aforementioned race???

i did, and somewhere in a stack of unmarked boxes i’d have to take days to search through, i have a sean yates autograph on a tour de trump poster to prove it.

nibali did not throw his bidon at froome. anyone who has had the questionable fortune of listening to phil and paul at the end of any race they have ever covered would know that in addition to being heavy, opening a suitcase of courage is no easy task. to save every bit of weight possible in the nervous times approaching the end of a race, a professional bike rider tosses his final bidon (at speeds approaching 70 kph!!!) BEFORE the dangerous, chaotic closing meters of sprint finishes.

ergo: though the thought of marginal pains might have crossed his usually tranquillo mind, nibali – an accomplished professional bike rider – could not have had a bidon to throw in anger.

to those who think i just make this stuff up: well, you probably don’t believe that the diminutive alberto quintana is the spanish road race champion.

Good post. Lots of truth inbetween the humour.

The Hitch said:
You left out the main part.

After the stage King Entitlement had a whinge about how his competitors shouldn't be allowed to attack him on descents unless he gives his Royal permission.

I know some people will complain that I'm criticising Froome and that's not allowed on here or something, but fact is, even many of his fans were like "shut the **** up froomie" at that point.
And Froome's shocking whinging was the only reason anyone made any kind of deal out of that normal road incident where no one got hurt.
yeah he said that the Alpe descent should be neutralized but then Alberto attacked anyway with Kreuziger :p
He sounded a lot like Andy Schleck at that point :eek:

wwabbit said:
TMP402 said:

I thought that was because Froome and Porte did not want to be behind Contador anymore, not because Contador did not want to take a pull.
Yeah that's what the Walsh/Froome duo wrote in Mein Climb "you're not going to lead us down the descent anymore" :rolleyes: I'd take it with a massive heap of salt.

etymology said:

The main point here is Tour de Trump, 1989 --> Dag Otto Lauritzen!!

TRENDING THREADS