• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2015 Tour de Suisse - Route

2015 Tour de Suisse route presented

1st stage; prologue time trial, Risch-Rotkreuz (5.1 km, 44 m)
2nd stage; Risch-Rotkreuz – Risch-Rotkreuz circuit (161.1 km, 1,872 m)
3rd stage; Brunnen – Olivone (174.5 km, 2,547 m)
4th stage; Flims – Schwarzenbach SG (193.2 km, 1,960 m)
5th stage; Unterterzen/Flumserberg – S?lden / Rettenbach Glacier (237.3 km, 4,112 m)
6th stage; Wil SG – Biel / Bienne (193.1 km, 1,167 m)
7th stage ; Biel / Bienne – D?dingen (164.6 km, 1,520 m)
8th stage; Bern - Bern circuit (152.5 km, 1,906 m)
9th stage; Final time trial, Bern – Bern (38.4 km, 478 m)

Overall map:
tds_etappen_gesamt.jpg

Stage 1 map:
KThkiVd.png

Stage 1 profile:
697wpDi.png

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
roundabout said:
Let's revise my original post from the time when just the start and finish towns of stages were announced.

Just 1 high mountain stage.

Yes, with the final ITT being pretty long you'd need another high mountain stage to balance things out.

lemon cheese cake said:
Why is it going to Solden? I thought this was the Tour de Suisse, not the Schweizer Rundfahrt und Ostereich.

They do sometimes go to Austria, just normally to Serfaus.

However, the Deutschlandtour is dead, the ?sterreich-Rundfahrt won't go there and Zomegnan isn't in power at RCS anymore, so somebody needs to find a way to get the Rettenbachferner seen.

Though I would kind of have preferred the Kaunertal Gletscherstra?e if they were going to go Austrian. That's not that far from Serfaus after all.

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Libertine Seguros said:
They do sometimes go to Austria, just normally to Serfaus.

However, the Deutschlandtour is dead, the ?sterreich-Rundfahrt won't go there and Zomegnan isn't in power at RCS anymore, so somebody needs to find a way to get the Rettenbachferner seen.

Though I would kind of have preferred the Kaunertal Gletscherstra?e if they were going to go Austrian. That's not that far from Serfaus after all.

They could also start the stage on swiss soil, go through Italy and use the Timmelsjoch before the Rettenbachferner, but i guess that would have been too much awesomeness.

Mayomaniac said:
They could also start the stage on swiss soil, go through Italy and use the Timmelsjoch before the Rettenbachferner, but i guess that would have been too much awesomeness.

Davos - Fl?elapass - Ofenpass - Stelvio via Umbrailpass - 70km flat - Timmelsjoch - Rettenbachferner = 260km or so of Zomegnan approval.

Although he'd probably like to do something about that 70km of flat.

If I really have to I'll forgo Stelvio and just head through Val M?stair to the border.

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Libertine Seguros said:
Davos - Fl?elapass - Ofenpass - Stelvio via Umbrailpass - 70km flat - Timmelsjoch - Rettenbachferner = 260km or so of Zomegnan approval.

If I really have to I'll forgo Stelvio and just head through Val M?stair to the border.

Without the Stelvio it wouldn't be longer than the real Rettenbachferner stage and you'd have an awesome high mountain stage.

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
phanatic said:
I really think TdS deserves a better field than it's been getting. It seems so unfair that one man has a stranglehold on this most beautiful of races.

Quintana already said that he'll race this years TdS, but with the long ITT Rui Costa still has a chance to win.

I like the look of the hilly stages, albeit I am not fully sure how tough the climbs near the end are.

I think it is a good route. Who cares if there is only 1 MTF? All the more reason for a climber like Nairo to go bananas from 12km out (he says hopefully).

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
barmaher said:
I like the look of the hilly stages, albeit I am not fully sure how tough the climbs near the end are.

I think it is a good route. Who cares if there is only 1 MTF? All the more reason for a climber like Nairo to go bananas from 12km out (he says hopefully).

I fear that the hilly stages aren't that tough, otherwise it could be fun.

Libertine Seguros said:

Have they ever used Passo san Gottardo in TDS? Isn't the whole southern side of the pass cobbled?

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
phanatic said:
I really think TdS deserves a better field than it's been getting. It seems so unfair.

Well that's the UCI's (ridiculous) argument for stopping simultaneous WT races, as if people will ride Dauphine and then Suisse straight after. Surely the point is that riders with different aims have two options and will pick the race that mosts suits them.

TRENDING THREADS