• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2015 Tour de Suisse Stage 3 Quinto – Olivone 174.5 km

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

Ryo Hazuki said:
that's just numbers. today is definitely harder in my book. also with the gothard in the beginning

Called it first :D Exactly, it was at the beginning. Overall, the day might have been harder (maybe not though as it was a lot shorter), but it's the climbs in the second half that really matter. That was Sagan territory.

Majka was very solid today. Katusha should have been more interested in the sprint yesterday

damian13ster said:
HiroAntagonist said:
Majka being awesome, TDF is looking to be awesome :)

Got me excited. He needs to lose less than 1:00 on ITT in the first day and then actually be a protected rider on the cobbles.
But the real litmus test will be on wednesday.
Majka surpassed my expectations today - I'm starting to realise I underestimated him. But Mankato is a strong TT-ist. He will be less than 30 secs down. Remember last year's giro? 4th in a 40km+ TT.

Re:

Flamin said:
No moves from the favourites unfortunately, but the last climb also looked quite a bit softer than 7%. Katusha again incredibly ***. And Sagan's victory was like 80% thanks to a strong Majka.
so it would have been if any other in that group had won the sprint. It doesn't take anything away from his win. Amazing performance by Majka and amazing to see Sagan push himself to hang on when it goes uphill.

Re:

damian13ster said:
Of course there is a need. This route is really good for him, he could top 5. There is no need for him to spend energy being on a front of the peleton unless to attack

Majka is way overrated. He finished behind Betancur, Niemic and Scarponi in Giro 2013 and Rolland and Pozzovivo in 2014. it's not because he won some mtfs from breaks in a weak climbing field that he's suddenly a candidate for top 5 overal in a top class field. :eek:

Majka won't be considered dangerous by sky or movistar

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Re:

damian13ster said:
Having 2 dangerous riders is much better option than having just 1.....
Ffs, isn't that obvious?

Let me quote you "He could top 5"

Thus implying majka can make the top 5 in paris, which is completely irrelevant since it's not saxo's goal.

So why do you say ffs? Phrase yourself properly.

Cance > TheRest said:
Flamin said:
No moves from the favourites unfortunately, but the last climb also looked quite a bit softer than 7%. Katusha again incredibly ***. And Sagan's victory was like 80% thanks to a strong Majka.
so it would have been if any other in that group had won the sprint. It doesn't take anything away from his win. Amazing performance by Majka and amazing to see Sagan push himself to hang on when it goes uphill.

Of course, but without Majka, the likeliness of a late attack sticking to the finish instead of things coming down to a sprint would have been far greater. That's more meant as a compliment to Majka though than to downplay Sagan's performance or something :)

Miburo said:
damian13ster said:
Having 2 dangerous riders is much better option than having just 1.....
Ffs, isn't that obvious?

Let me quote you "He could top 5"

Thus implying majka can make the top 5 in paris, which is completely irrelevant since it's not saxo's goal.

So why do you say ffs? Phrase yourself properly.

Because opponents know that he is dangerous so if he is close in GC and he attacks they will have to spend energy and follow him. Is that spelled out enough for you or you need more explanations?

TRENDING THREADS