• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2015 Tour de Suisse Stage 4 - 193km

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Stage
Clipboard_zpstcpf1hfm.gif

GC
ClipboardGC_zpsslnksamf.gif

snccdcno

BANNED
Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Re: Re:

Cance > TheRest said:
Eagle said:
Cance > TheRest said:
How come Dumoulin leads by 1sec?
He won an intermediate sprint, got bonus seconds there
I know, but didn't Sagan take 2nd on another intermediate sprint? That should give him +2sec. Combined with the +6sec he got from 2nd on the stage, that makes it +5sec won today. He was +5sec behind before today's stage

He got one at the final intermediate as well, on screen it said Barguil but it was Dumolin.

snccdcno said:
Cance > TheRest said:
Eagle said:
Cance > TheRest said:
How come Dumoulin leads by 1sec?
He won an intermediate sprint, got bonus seconds there
I know, but didn't Sagan take 2nd on another intermediate sprint? That should give him +2sec. Combined with the +6sec he got from 2nd on the stage, that makes it +5sec won today. He was +5sec behind before today's stage

He got one at the final intermediate as well, on screen it said Barguil but it was Dumolin.
That explains it. thank you

Bushman said:
Netserk said:
There was no need for Sagan to launch so early. Trentin and GVA were still ahead of him.

I agree, he could have stayed in GVA's wheel for a bit longer. Maybe he was afraid that they would be overtaken and he would lose too much speed, I don't know.

Sagan can say it was just a tactical error that got him beat. In reality though Matthews won with so much to spare that it really didn''t make much difference

Eyeballs Out said:
Bushman said:
Netserk said:
There was no need for Sagan to launch so early. Trentin and GVA were still ahead of him.

I agree, he could have stayed in GVA's wheel for a bit longer. Maybe he was afraid that they would be overtaken and he would lose too much speed, I don't know.

Sagan can say it was just a tactical error that got him beat. In reality though Matthews won with so much to spare that it really didn''t make much difference

Of course you can't know if Sagan would have won or would have got beaten anyway if he rode smarter in the sprint, but the only reason Matthews won so comfortably is that Sagan sprinted so early.

Bushman said:
Netserk said:

yes Sagan needs to keep his mass moving on that hill, so when in doubt, lead it out, good to salvage 2nd

TRENDING THREADS