• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2015 Tour de Suisse, stage 7: Biel/Bienne > Düdingen 164.6km

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

snccdcno

BANNED
Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Re:

wirral said:
Question:

Tomorrow, Saturday, there are 4 sprints. Since each sprint carries a 3 sec bonus for the winner. The total amount of possible sprint bonuses is 12 sec. This is greater than the bonus on the line of 10 sec for the winner. This is not allowed under the rules. How is this possible?

I haven't seen anybody else answer this so from the roadbook

7SSCWaK.jpg

Re: 2015 Tour de Suisse, stage 7: Biel/Bienne > Düdingen 164

is it really possible that either cav or kittel or greipel will be in top shape in july?
Seriously I could start to like sprint stages if the contenders are sagan, kristoff, degenkolb and other guys who are abel to ride over a little bump without a collapse.

Thanks, snccdcno, for answering my question. You were indeed the only one.

Ok, got it by having no time bonuses on the first of four sprints tomorrow, the total maximum any rider can pick up at intermediate sprints is 9 seconds. This is less than 10 seconds, of course. So the UCI rule is satisfied. Brilliant.

Re:

shalgo said:
How on earth did Kwia finish 1:35 down? He was still in the lead with 500m to go. Did he get off his bike and walk it in?

Regarding the 5-second time loss for Pinot: the gap was between Pozzovivo (in 17th) and Fuglsang (in 18th). Bennati, who would have been slowing down after doing the leadout, was in 19th. I wonder if part of the reason for the gap was related to riders have to move around Bennati? It also looks like Pinot had Morabito with him, so FDJ didn't leave him completely alone (unlike yesterday). Still, he clearly should have been a little closer to the front.
The Swiss TV showed in slow motion where the gap was. It has opened shortly before the finish line. Initially there could have been a solid line of riders, but Bennati was so slow, that he lost contact with riders in front of him. Pozzovivo maybe aware of this tried to cross the line as fast as he could. Bennati did not care, kept going backwards. Fulgsang perhaps noticed what was going to happen and tried to get in front of Bennati but it was so close to the line that he could not do anything about it. No problem with getting around Bennati. There was a bigger group including FDJ arriving to the line after that.

It is quite unusual that this happens repeatedly during one race, but personally I am fine that more alert GC riders can gain some advantage. Pinot should have tried to sprint as he did on one of earlier stages.

Re: Re:

PeterB said:
The Swiss TV showed in slow motion where the gap was. It has opened shortly before the finish line. Initially there could have been a solid line of riders, but Bennati was so slow, that he lost contact with riders in front of him. Pozzovivo maybe aware of this tried to cross the line as fast as he could. Bennati did not care, kept going backwards. Fulgsang perhaps noticed what was going to happen and tried to get in front of Bennati but it was so close to the line that he could not do anything about it. No problem with getting around Bennati. There was a bigger group including FDJ arriving to the line after that.

It is quite unusual that this happens repeatedly during one race, but personally I am fine that more alert GC riders can gain some advantage. Pinot should have tried to sprint as he did on one of earlier stages.

Interesting; thanks for the description. I didn't see what happened before I stopped watching the coverage.

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
I really like those overhead shots, they were great last year.
I'd love to see something like that in the Tour, for me this is the perfect way to show a sprint on TV.

PeterB said:
shalgo said:
How on earth did Kwia finish 1:35 down? He was still in the lead with 500m to go. Did he get off his bike and walk it in?

Regarding the 5-second time loss for Pinot: the gap was between Pozzovivo (in 17th) and Fuglsang (in 18th). Bennati, who would have been slowing down after doing the leadout, was in 19th. I wonder if part of the reason for the gap was related to riders have to move around Bennati? It also looks like Pinot had Morabito with him, so FDJ didn't leave him completely alone (unlike yesterday). Still, he clearly should have been a little closer to the front.

Almost the same happened yesterday but with Guarnieri in place of Bennati.

PremierAndrew said:
Pricey_sky said:
Nice win for Kristoff, he is looking strong.

Another 5s for G, poor from FDJ and Pinot again to throw away 10s he worked so hard for on Wednesday.

5s for Dumoulin on Pinot too for a 2nd consecutive day. I personally think he's got a chance of a podium

He didn't take time on Pinot on stage 6. He was a couple of riders behind the split.

PeterB said:

I disagree because if this starts to happen you'll have even more nervous GC guys mixing it up with sprint trains and causing crashes than you do now.