• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2015 tour d'france stage 10: Tarbes › La Pierre-Saint-Martin

Page 11 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Re: Re:

The Hitch said:
DBotero said:
SeriousSam said:
Ah, the day of the first MTF, and after a rest day too.

One of the most intriguing questions today is, who will be the last Sky superdom standing when Froome detonates what's left of the peloton with his trademark attack?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhPTlU99IyI
Weird watching it without the heartrate in the corner.
Would make cycling much more appealing if they could show us HR, speed, watts and cadence of whatever rider is currently leading the group that's shown on TV.

Like, rather than just noting that the Dawg is going full genius, we would instead be able to marvel at how long he can sustain 600-700w after climbing at threshold.

Sep 16, 2009
Visit site
Not surprised no one wants to get into the break with the next 2 days being more suited to breakaways. Still though, expected at least 5 from the riders who are not suited to the next 2 stages.

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
Re:

OmieeZF said:
Hi everybody,

New member, first post. Iv been a fan of cycling for years and finally found an active forum to post on. Been a lurker for a few weeks actually.

Question: any chance of watching tour de france today before broadcasters start at 14:00? id like to follow the start.

Welcome.

Short of flying to France to watch the stage in person, you're out of luck. All channels receive the pictures at the same time.

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site

SeriousSam said:
The Hitch said:
DBotero said:
SeriousSam said:
Ah, the day of the first MTF, and after a rest day too.

One of the most intriguing questions today is, who will be the last Sky superdom standing when Froome detonates what's left of the peloton with his trademark attack?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhPTlU99IyI
Weird watching it without the heartrate in the corner.
Would make cycling much more appealing if they could show us HR, speed, watts and cadence of whatever rider is currently leading the group that's shown on TV.

Like, rather than just noting that the Dawg is going full genius, we would instead be able to marvel at how long he can sustain 600-700w after climbing at threshold.

Can't obviously, would give out info of the rider that can be used against him on the stage itself or later on in the GT. They tried in the vuelta and well...

Re:

Sasquatch said:
Not surprised no one wants to get into the break with the next 2 days being more suited to breakaways. Still though, expected at least 5 from the riders who are not suited to the next 2 stages.

Indeed, a two man break on this stage?! Pathetic.

Always enjoy Fedrigo though, would not mind if he managed to pull it off (unlikely as that may be).

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Re:

Andro said:
Very disappointing breakaway. I guess Rolland, Arredondo, Pinot etc. are waiting for the next two days.

Not disappointing, a break won't survive at all today. Not the rider's their fault if you didn't realise it.

Tomorrow is way different.

Sep 16, 2009
Visit site
Arredondo and the guys going for the KOM jersey were never going to attack today. They can pick up 40 odd points tomorrow whilst the GC guy that gets 50 today probably won't pick up many tomorrow.

Jul 14, 2015
Visit site
Re: 2015 tour d'france stage 10: Tarbes › La Pierre-Saint-Ma

metaCYCLE said:
cyclelaps said:
Hello everybody,
For sharing I have made this time lapse of the last kilometers the today's stage 10 with the climb of the Col de Soudet
Sorry if my english is bad...

Thanks for your effort. I would have liked it to be a little slower on the mid section.
Welcome to the forum!

Thanks, I have used a tool that do time lapse from streetview images for this, I can't really slow it down so.
I did the Tourmalet too, I'll post it in the late afternoon, when the stage 11 dedicated thread will be open.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site

Kwibus said:
auscyclefan94 said:
Zam_Olyas said:
auscyclefan94 said:
Not expecting any major time gaps other than from those on a bad day. It will be difficult for any climber to make a difference on stage with only 1 real climb and the final climb being relatively shallow in the final third of the ascent. I think something similar to Morzine Avoriaz will occur in the results.
Hi Carol...how are you? nice to see you back

Very funny! :rolleyes:

I'm well thanks. I've missed much of the first week of the Tour due to being away for work but glad to be back for the real stuff.

I stood next to your hero in Utrecht. Took me a while to notice Evans walked passed me and chatted with some people. Since he didnt wear cycling clothes I didnt notice him until he walked off though :)
That's awesome. I'm pretty sure he was watching it with David Millar for a while as well.

May 29, 2015
Visit site

Eyeballs Out said:
Andro said:
Very disappointing breakaway. I guess Rolland, Arredondo, Pinot etc. are waiting for the next two days.

It always seemed unlikely they'd be in a break on a stage that is ________/

If Pinot is on top form he can still be a contender for today's stage because he will not be marked

Well yes, I didn't expect any of those three to go for it today, but I did expect that more than 2 riders wanted to go for it.

TRENDING THREADS