• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2015 tour d'france stage 10: Tarbes › La Pierre-Saint-Martin

Page 47 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
Re: 2015 tour d'france stage 10: Tarbes › La Pierre-Saint-Ma

hfer07 said:
I was quite frankly laughing at the 1-2 carnage ......... :D

Sky is the limit!!! :D

Laughed for a while, now im just livid :eek: :eek:

Quintana seemed angry as hell too.. Just imagine how angry those riders are atm :eek:

Some thoughts:

- Froome usually cracks after a really strong day. He's got a huge advantage, but he's going to be taking big attacks in 5 more stages. It will be hard for him to lose it, but I could see it. I think Nairo has the best chance if there are limited TT's. All of his teammates are going to be tired out and aren't gonna be able to be so strong in the next two days.

- Contador usually starts off slow but powers up as he goes on. I don't know if he's got 4 minutes in him, but I expect him to have better days ahead. He can't do the Giro-Tour though. He didn't do well last time he tried it and he's not looking good so far.

- I don't think the jury is out on Nairo., but I think he could take it if he gets under 2 minutes.

- I'm glad Nibali got found out after winning a tour without any strong rivals last year. He's the big loser here. I was getting tired of them pushing him as being so dominant.

Lots of racing to go, so lets see what happens.

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
Froome dominance is spectacular, but it stands out more because of Contadors and Nibalis *** form. I mean Contador and Nibali loses time to several riders they should normally beat with 1-2 minutes (for example, a pretty heavy dude like Gallopin is well ahead). But I had a feeling that Quintana would be the only real threat to Froome. Nibali has not impressed this year, and Contador would never ride so badly if he hadn't done the Giro.

Re:

Punkan said:
Froome dominance is spectacular, but it stands out more because of Contadors and Nibalis shitty form. I mean Contador and Nibali loses time to several riders they should normally beat with 1-2 minutes (for example, a pretty heavy dude like Gallopin is well ahead). But I had a feeling that Quintana would be the only real threat to Froome. Nibali has not impressed this year, and Contador would never ride so badly if he hadn't done the Giro.
Name me one TDF where all the top riders were in top form. If it worked like that every TDF would just have the same top 10 as the previous one.

Getting into form is part of the challenge. Every TDF some riders overperform, some underperform.

TRENDING THREADS