• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2015 Tour Down Under, Jan 18-25 (2.uwt)

Page 20 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Capture.jpg

Jul 8, 2009
Visit site
swuzzlebubble said:
Impey the GC mover of the day then

Don't tell Vancouver, in his haste to bag anything and everything about this race... he reckons OGE were wasting their efforts :)

Jancouver said:
No kidding, first day they wasted Durbo, second stage Meyer and today they will waste the entire team :cool:

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
It was close to a miracle that Evans missed the crash, considering that he had to skid around the crash site through the middle. There is a good video of it on the Cycling Central facebook page.

Mar 14, 2009
Visit site
Spider1964 said:
Don't tell Vancouver, in his haste to bag anything and everything about this race... he reckons OGE were wasting their efforts :)

An Aussie from Conti team won = everybody happy :eek:

Hopefully nobody got hurt in that crash. It would suck to ruin your season racing some meaningless mandatory race.

Tomorrow is THE day all Aussies are so excited about

The big, the mighty Wilunga bump.

The little-big hill that will determine the Australian national hero for 2015.

The ultimate 1.9 mile 7% climb where the legends are made

... right here on Wilunga Hill

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Jancouver said:

Hopefully nobody got hurt in that crash. It would suck to ruin your season racing some meaningless mandatory race.

Go to Hell.

On some other thread recently, I put my vote in for TDU as worst WT race of the year. Gave some reasons in support of my vote.

Now I recant.

There's been some very lively racing just about everyday. Short stages = very attacking riding. Parcours is much improved - some nice little punchy climbs here and there. The GC battle between sprinters/climbers/all rounders is actually pretty balanced with time bonuses + a few hilltop finishes. Field is pretty decent. For a short week-long stage race in Jan, it's ticking a lot of boxes.

Aug 3, 2009
Visit site
Jancouver said:

Drop it mate you are getting tiresome

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
On youtube I found a great clip of Jeremy Roy miraculously escapes the crash. Awesome to see how he gets away with it, a bit less awesome, but spectacular nontheless how the bunch more or less explodes around him.
I thought is was Hausler who changed his line to get a slipstream and hit the frontwheel of another rider while doing it who was responsible for the crash.

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Have watched it multiple times, Manzin tried to go on an early sprint, was fading back when Haussler crossed in front of him and touched wheels. Stuff happens, don't think there's any blame.

I rode the full 154 km today, very tough for my young and inexperienced legs. Glad that my prediction of Kittel not winning (that I made on the ride) proved correct. Nice for Von Hoff to win, he just needs to have a consistent season and should definetely be back in the WT next year.

For tomorrow, Evans, Porte, Fernandez.

LPP68! said:
On youtube I found a great clip of Jeremy Roy miraculously escapes the crash. Awesome to see how he gets away with it, a bit less awesome, but spectacular nontheless how the bunch more or less explodes around him.
I thought is was Hausler who changed his line to get a slipstream and hit the frontwheel of another rider while doing it who was responsible for the crash.
Awesome footage really.
I heard the Lotto rider lost two nails, and that's supposed to be extremely painful.

Jancouver said:
Once again, too bad we dont have a better field and the best riders and uphill finishers are not here. When you have 5 Aussies in Top 7 overall GC you know this is not a proper WT race but Aussies Nationals 2.0

So far, the San Luis race is more entertaining
. Also last night the live stream connection from TDU didnt work for me and the last few minutes of the race was impossible to watch. (I'm sure it worked for everyone else ... blah blah)

Yeah but that's almost a South American Nationals- all 4 stage victories have been by South Americans. OTOH of course, San Luis is not WT, but the altitude and weather does massively aid them.

Lupi33 said:
this stage is a coastal stage for a large stretch so depending on the weather you could see some echelon action

When I rode there seemed to only be the coast on the KOM. However there were quite strong crosswinds and it was raining from the 20km mark to the 40km mark. Does anyone know if that happened for the pros today?

TRENDING THREADS