• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2015 Vuelta stage 10: Valencia > Castellón 146.6km

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

Roude Leiw said:
jsem94 said:
Roche out of the top 10!?

missing transponder on the bike? I thought I saw at least 3 skys in the final 3

Yes, seemed to be 3 sky riders - only 2 been classified in the front group though.

Team sky twitter reckon he was there so yes probably a transponder issue after he swapped bike one or two times?
https://twitter.com/TeamSky

edit: he's now classified in the front group

As we all know since the tdf this year, no matter how stupid movistar acts someone always says that they never do tactical mistakes because Unzué is inerrant. Can please one of these guys explain why they worked so hard before the final climb today? They don't have the leaders jersey to defend, they don't have a real sprinter to work for and they didnt attack on the climb.

Flamin said:
Son of Amsterhammer said:
Flamin said:
Damn John, what a missed chance. Easily the fastest.

Clearly. Blew it.

Watching the replay, he was kind of unlucky. He was in good position with 500 to go but the tempo completely dropped and another wave came by from the left side. He tried to catch it but had to stop pedalling for a while, losing too much speed and momentum.

Lots of attacks also didn't help. Team chasing meant he was soon without a train. Free for all sprint.

Flamin said:
Son of Amsterhammer said:
Flamin said:
Damn John, what a missed chance. Easily the fastest.

Clearly. Blew it.

Watching the replay, he was kind of unlucky. He was in good position with 500 to go but the tempo completely dropped and another wave came by from the left side. He tried to catch it but had to stop pedalling for a while, losing too much speed and momentum.

It was a hard stage, due to the crazy big breakaway, and all the Giant team could do was ensure the sprint and there was no chance of a lead out. It was pretty much everyone for himself. Degenkolb for sure was the fastest there and almost pulled it out of the basket.
Well who would have guessed?

Sbaragli 1st :eek: and Rojas on the podium :eek: :eek:

Giant blew it in many ways. It was headwind run-in, tailwind sprint. They rode like it was the opposite. They could have left the 3 in front until a lot later which would have saved de Kort for the leadout. Also Degenkolb could have opened up a lot earlier - there was no need to go looking for cover

BigMac said:
Valv.Piti said:
BigMac said:
Gonçalves has got to be Kwiatkowski in disguise. He's everywhere!

Degz not very well positioned.

Uuh, have you through this Vuelta posted a reply not involving him, rofl...

Please come Wednesday.

Yes, posted about Lawson Craddock too.

Seriously though, what's wrong with it. I feel like it's true.

Well, its true, its just semi annoying

Valv.Piti said:
BigMac said:
Valv.Piti said:
BigMac said:
Gonçalves has got to be Kwiatkowski in disguise. He's everywhere!

Degz not very well positioned.

Uuh, have you through this Vuelta posted a reply not involving him, rofl...

Please come Wednesday.

Yes, posted about Lawson Craddock too.

Seriously though, what's wrong with it. I feel like it's true.

Well, its true, its just semi annoying

I think there's a little bit of confirmation bias in this. I also mention other riders who do well on the day.

Oh well, this is off-topic.

TRENDING THREADS