• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2015 Vuelta stage 2: Alhaurín de la Torre / Caminito del Rey

Page 7 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 3, 2009
Visit site
Re:

Flamin said:
I don't get the Sky trash talk. They pulled for what? 1 minute? 2? :rolleyes:
Thats quite simple, they got loads of money which they throw around, so thiss p!sses some people of, tkae super teams in football and some reactions to them. Add to that the way they present themselves as the second coming in terms of professionalism, when the other teams are not more amateurish then them. Always good for a polemic and they are the summum of fairness if it suits them. So the hypocrisy around the team Sky gets a lot of people on orbit here. And i may say, they are correct to not like that team to put it mildly

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Re: Re:

Libertine Seguros said:
PremierAndrew said:
Maybe Nibali wasn't a threat to Froome in the TdF at the time, but the same people who are complaining now were complaining that Quintana didn't attack with Nibali :rolleyes:
Not me, I wasn't watching the Tour :)

Should have watched it, will teach you the lesson to not expect anything risky from quintana in the next 10 years :p

Libertine Seguros said:
Walkman said:
Expected more form you. He was going to abandon the race anyway. Hardly cheating if you ask me.
Did he, or did he not, get disqualified for breaking the rules? If he was going to abandon anyway, he could have let go of the motorbike and done it. It doesn't change the illegal feeds thing, which was far more important, high profile and far more insidious anyway as you can at least argue the irrelevance of the Giro DSQ.

I'm sorry to have disappointed you.

As I remember it, he was ill and thus exhausted and hung onto a motorbike just to get of the road at the right place. Maybe I am wrong? If you see that as cheating, we have different definitions of cheating. And with regards to the illegal feed, I agree, that was bad but it was not relevant to the point I was making.

Apr 17, 2015
Visit site
Sorry guys, I deleted the post so you might want to as well to prevent others from seeing it.
Again very sorry, there wasn't a thread so I wasn't sure where to post

T-Nielsen said:
jaylew said:
Squirbos_19 said:
In other news, greipel has won the Vattenfall Cyclassics

Please don't post results for other races in a race thread. Not cool. :mad:

I was planning to watch that after the vuelta stage Squir... Really not cool...

I forgive you because you are cute and all :p , but really balls.
May I mention that the comment is about one hour old so if you hadn't replied noone else would have noticed it ;)
edit: I mean jaylew

Libertine Seguros said:
Sky kind of did the same when Valverde was in red in 2012 though.

It was doubly stupid then because they'd whined so heavily about Movistar not waiting for Leipheimer (who wasn't leading the race) when he crashed when Movistar pushed the pace on a descent in Paris-Nice that year. We know Froome is willing to cheat because of the Giro expulsion in 2010 and the illegal feed in 2013, so what's the surprise when he does something not outside the rules but outside the "code"?

There is now a fairly long-standing list of all of the major teams playing foul, and Sky for all their moral pontificating that they did back then are no better than any of them when it comes to being unscrupulous with the "unspoken codes". And they've got into more than their fair share of controversies including Wheelgate, the feeds mentioned above, the 2012 Vuelta and so on, though how much of that is due to them playing unfair and how much is due to their prominent position is something that probably varies depending on your opinion.

For one of the most respected posters on this forum (apparently), you don't half like to regurgitate the same posts over and over again.

Libertine Seguros said:
TI-Raleigh said:
This Eurosport commentary though. Not good.
Don't be surprised if that plays into the Sky hate as well. Kirby can at times get to Phil & Paul sycophancy levels which turns a lot of people off even if Sky themselves can't help that.

There's more focus on Sky on Eurosport than there was on Sky Sports when they bought the rights for the 2013 Giro...

Re:

Geraint Too Fast said:
Libertine Seguros said:
Sky kind of did the same when Valverde was in red in 2012 though.

It was doubly stupid then because they'd whined so heavily about Movistar not waiting for Leipheimer (who wasn't leading the race) when he crashed when Movistar pushed the pace on a descent in Paris-Nice that year. We know Froome is willing to cheat because of the Giro expulsion in 2010 and the illegal feed in 2013, so what's the surprise when he does something not outside the rules but outside the "code"?

There is now a fairly long-standing list of all of the major teams playing foul, and Sky for all their moral pontificating that they did back then are no better than any of them when it comes to being unscrupulous with the "unspoken codes". And they've got into more than their fair share of controversies including Wheelgate, the feeds mentioned above, the 2012 Vuelta and so on, though how much of that is due to them playing unfair and how much is due to their prominent position is something that probably varies depending on your opinion.

For one of the most respected posters on this forum (apparently), you don't half like to regurgitate the same posts over and over again.
When similar situations happen over and over again, it should be no surprise when the same arguments are presented over and over again. And thus it should be no surprise when people's responses are the same over and over again as well :)