• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2015 Vuelta stage 4: Estepona > Vejer de la Frontera 209.6km

CARTE.jpg

PROFIL.png

PROFILKMS.png

The peloton stays another day in Andalucía. From the province of Málaga they go to Cádiz.

The first 200k are a borefest but the finale is quite interesting. From km 4 to 3 the average gradient is around 12%! The last 400m are at 6%. The final k is very tricky also with no less than 6 corners.

Too hard for Sagan, Degenkolb and Bouhanni. Dani Moreno FTW, or maybe again someone from the 2nd row.

First actual Valverde Vs Purito showing. Dani Navarro and Txurruka/Gonçalves will try to spoil the party inside the final kilometers. Dan Martin second. Spaniards stare at each other and won't work. Froome wins @ 2k RPM's. Tom Dumoulin Top5. Lawson Craddock Top10.

Re: 2015 Vuelta stage 4: Estepona > Vejer de la Frontera 209

Lance Armstrong said:
Flamin said:
Too hard for Sagan, Degenkolb and Bouhanni. Dani Moreno FTW, or maybe again someone from the 2nd row.

1km long climb is not too hard for Sagan at the end of flat stage.

I expect some serious attacks from guys like Moreno and Martin and 12% is real business. Maybe he can survive but I'd say it won't happen.

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site
Don't think it's too hard for Sagan, for Bouhanni and Degenkolb it is. Maybe Gerrans could do something, don't know his form. Dan Martin will try for sure, but I don't think he'll win. Valverde will follow wheels and if opportunity arise he will be up there. Not so sure about Purito, too easy for him, Moreno could win though

I hope this time Valverde and J.Rod come out to play,if not Moreno should get this.Henao has the freedom,but i think he'll be in recovery mode after that crash,it was a heavy one.

¿Where is Lobato when he is needed? :p

Don't think an alpha dog will move in that 12% km, and probably a regroupment will happen after it.

Then, with only 400m of final uphill sprint at 6% it is more a Sagan, Degenkolb, Bouhanni type of stage than a Valverde/Purito/Martin TBH. But as the sprinters are on such low form in this Vuelta, who knows who will win.

My guess is that everybody will look at each others faces for too long while an outsider claims the victory.

Re:

ILovecycling said:
Sagan can handle this I think if anyone else goes totally full gas.

Saxo showed their hand early today and still won. Tomorrow is a day for them to keep their cards close to their chest, be patient. Don't go with the attacks with 3-4km to go, keep a few guys with Sagan and set him free in the last k. It can be done.