• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2015 Vuelta stage 6: Córdoba > Sierra de Cazorla 200.3km

CARTE.jpg

PROFIL.png

PROFILKMS.png

Another boring uphill sprint, though this time preceded by more rolling terrain. The final 3k are around 7% average with what looks like a 600m ramp at 12-13% in the final km until it flattens out again near the end and then another short 100m kick to the finish.

Valverde vs Purito vs Dani.

The last 20k is mostly an uphill drag and lots of riders will gradually drop off the back (Sagan will take it easy for the next couple of days). Martin will be in a better position at the bottom of the climb this time.

1. Martin
2. Bala
3. Moreno

Re: Re:

SafeBet said:
sir fly said:
Am I the only one thinking this is very similar to yesterday's stage?
Pretty much the same set of skills required.
Same set of skills required in about a thousand Vuelta stages in the past 5 years?
There wasn't a thousand stages in the past 5 years. Just 105. :rolleyes:
Yes, Vuelta presents these kind of stages frequently, but 2 in 3 days is notable.
Pretty much the same from energetic point of view and regarding strength management.

Re:

sir fly said:

Tomorrow's stage seems a bit bumpier.

If we just hold on till JRod and Bala retire, maybe they'll rethink their stage designs. The Spaniards generally tend to be good at uphill dashes, but the younger guys don't seem to be in their league.

Re: Re:

Tank Engine said:
sir fly said:

Tomorrow's stage seems a bit bumpier.

If we just hold on till JRod and Bala retire, maybe they'll rethink their stage designs. The Spaniards generally tend to be good at uphill dashes, but the younger guys don't seem to be in their league.
Yes, bumpier. I should've said - finish.
Personally, I don't mind this kind of design. Although it favours domestic stars, it creates excitement in general... isn't completely meaningless from the GC point of view. Helps with the itt on the horizon.

For all the complainers here..what kind of stage would you prefer? A flat stage to a bunch sprint, one of those not worth watching until the final km stages?

These stages are much better, and is what makes the Vuelta such an exciting race.

TRENDING THREADS