• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2015 Vuelta stage 8: Puebla de Don Fad.- Murcia (182.5 km)

Page 7 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

rainman said:
Vila says his team mates were doing so much for Sagan but why was he left isolated with a bunch of wheel hangers and cowboy motos? He swung left into the path of a moto trying to get someone to take a pull, but that would never have happened if Saxo had been pulling big time bringing Sagan to a favourable position for the sprint.

Indeed. Saxo decided to pull some Lampre tactics today (or lack thereof). Free for all is the new team work.

Thanks for the pic dan.

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Re:

Red Rick said:
Didn't see the stage. What did Tinkoff do wrong this time?

Only saw replays of people laying on the road, anyone can summarize who crashed today?

Van Garderen (out)
Martin (out)
Bouhanni (out)
Boeckmans (out)
Torres
Schleck
Howes
Dumoulin
Chaves
Sagan
Rojas
Navarro
Pozzo
Plaza

Re: Re:

pedromiguelmartins said:
Libertine Seguros said:
Now now, screwing over your teammates is usually a **** move, but this is Sagan we're talking about.

We're now getting reports that Sagan spat at the medical team because of being taken out by the moto (frustration and anger is absolutely understandable, but come on, it's not their fault) according to Race Radio. A bit like the Cav/Haussler issue, don't know if it's true, but for a guy with the petulant attitude Sagan has, and after getting so badly screwed over unnecessarily by some piss-poor moto handling that would reasonably anger any cyclist, it's readily believable.
Are you even suggestion that Sagan wasn't 100% right? Your first paragraph is shameful. Sagan is the bright spot of todays otherwise boring cycling peloton.
Spitting at people who aren't responsible for what happened is wrong, yes.

Being really damned angry and pissed off about what happened is 100% understandable and I understand why he reacted like that if he did, but it is lashing out at somebody who isn't responsible.

As for my first paragraph, Peter Sagan is imo an unlikable douchebag far worse than Rafał Majka, who by all that he comports in public is an immature, self-absorbed jock. I don't even want to see him lose, I want him to go away. That doesn't mean I want him to crash, and it certainly doesn't mean I want a moto to hit him (which is even more dangerous). But it does mean that "being a bad teammate when it comes to riding for Sagan" isn't something I can hate on Majka for.

Libertine Seguros said:
Just like when Kittel won stage 1 in the 2014 Tour and then announced he wasn't even going to try to defend it. I despise when a guy like that gets the chance to wear the leader's jersey.

I wouldn't be too hard on him. He did win an uphill sprint ;)
and he knew he didn't have a cat in hell's chance of defending it.

Oh no, for the first time in my life I've defended Kittel, it will be Gerrans next.

Gerrans really is having back luck this year.

I really wonder why Jesper Hansen kept chasing so long after the Sagan "incident". I'll be interested in what Majka says about it. Although he can be a creep, he seems to get on pretty well with Sagan (Sagan definitely owes one of his victories in TdS to Majka and it looked liked Rafał was trying to set Peter up on the stage Bala won). Even if you are a creep, letting your team mate work at the front for no reason makes no sense.

Shame that Adam didn't win. I'm still looking for my first correct prediction of a winner :eek:, although on nearly all the stages I've been pretty close.

Libertine Seguros said:
pedromiguelmartins said:
Libertine Seguros said:
Now now, screwing over your teammates is usually a **** move, but this is Sagan we're talking about.

We're now getting reports that Sagan spat at the medical team because of being taken out by the moto (frustration and anger is absolutely understandable, but come on, it's not their fault) according to Race Radio. A bit like the Cav/Haussler issue, don't know if it's true, but for a guy with the petulant attitude Sagan has, and after getting so badly screwed over unnecessarily by some piss-poor moto handling that would reasonably anger any cyclist, it's readily believable.
Are you even suggestion that Sagan wasn't 100% right? Your first paragraph is shameful. Sagan is the bright spot of todays otherwise boring cycling peloton.

Being really damned angry and pissed off about what happened is 100% understandable and I understand why he reacted like that if he did, but it is lashing out at somebody who isn't responsible.

As for my first paragraph, Peter Sagan is imo an unlikable douchebag far worse than Rafał Majka, who by all that he comports in public is an immature, self-absorbed jock. That doesn't mean I want him to crash, and it certainly doesn't mean I want a moto to hit him (which is even more dangerous). But it does mean that "being a bad teammate when it comes to riding for Sagan" isn't something I can hate on Majka for.
Atleast he's not trying to hide it. That makes him likeable

Libertine Seguros said:
pedromiguelmartins said:
Libertine Seguros said:

As for my first paragraph, Peter Sagan is imo an unlikable douchebag far worse than Rafał Majka, who by all that he comports in public is an immature, self-absorbed jock. That doesn't mean I want him to crash, and it certainly doesn't mean I want a moto to hit him (which is even more dangerous). But it does mean that "being a bad teammate when it comes to riding for Sagan" isn't something I can hate on Majka for.

So you're allowing your hate for one rider impede your judgement of another? It's totally fine to be selfish and not ride for your team mates as long as the team mate in question happens to be one that you don't like?

Libertine Seguros said:
pedromiguelmartins said:
Libertine Seguros said:

As for my first paragraph, Peter Sagan is imo an unlikable douchebag far worse than Rafał Majka, who by all that he comports in public is an immature, self-absorbed jock. I don't even want to see him lose, I want him to go away. That doesn't mean I want him to crash, and it certainly doesn't mean I want a moto to hit him (which is even more dangerous). But it does mean that "being a bad teammate when it comes to riding for Sagan" isn't something I can hate on Majka for.

I'm with you. I just cannot warm up to Sagan. Majka isn't likely to ever make my favorite list, but Sagan is a first class jerk IMO. Yes, he's a extremely good bike rider but I just do not like him......

Cance > TheRest said:
Libertine Seguros said:
Cance > TheRest said:
Atleast he's not trying to hide it. That makes him likeable
Just like Mark Cavendish, you mean?
Yes, you got the message. Cavendish' personality is what it is, but it's a likeable personality trait that he's not trying to hide his true self. His ego is, however, in a totally different league than Sagan.
People that successful always split the audience.

People that self-absorbed always split the audience.

People that immature always split the audience.

There are some who like all of that; there are some who find Sagan's personality and behaviour to be unlikable but his riding style to counteract that. There are some who find Sagan's riding enjoyable but are turned off by his personality. That's par for the course when you're as immensely talented, but as much of a jerk as he is. The former has almost begot the latter though, because he was at his most sympathetic when things weren't going his way. It limited the sense of entitlement that meant he thought he could get away with anything and still be loved because he could pull a wheelie. Being unapologetic about being a jerk isn't a likable trait for me, because at the end of the day, whether open or disingenuous, he's still a jerk.

Me, I cannot reconcile with anybody who is able to look past that side of his personality and don't really find a wheelie here and there or green hair dye very amusing, but your mileage may vary.

i like how ppl are throwing around terms like jerk,immature,self absorbed without actually providing any example of such behaviour...the only thing i have against sagan was the podium incident few years ago,because it was a stupid joke...doing a wheelie? oh god,literally ISIS /s

really dont know why are ppl being so judgemental...i guess its like micheal vick situation,no matter what you do after you paid your dues a bunch of "moralists" will always sign a petition to get you out of their club

Oct 6, 2009
Visit site
Re:

irondan said:
Apparently Sagan spit at the medic car....

Not cool. I get being pissed and yelling at everybody to go away and leave you alone, but spitting is uncalled for. These are not the folks who took him out. And even if they were, spitting is not the way to handle things. Sags should be sanctioned for the spitting part.

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site
Re:

saganftw said:
i like how ppl are throwing around terms like jerk,immature,self absorbed without actually providing any example of such behaviour...the only thing i have against sagan was the podium incident few years ago,because it was a stupid joke...doing a wheelie? oh god,literally ISIS /s

really dont know why are ppl being so judgemental...i guess its like micheal vick situation,no matter what you do after you paid your dues a bunch of "moralists" will always sign a petition to get you out of their club
Well, there's this.....

irondan said:
Apparently Sagan spit at the medic car....

TRENDING THREADS