• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2016-2017 Track Season

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Dec 13, 2015
Visit site
'For the kilo & 500tt, 2 athletes will ride simultaneously on the track during qualifications and finals will be held individually in the evening.'

Seriously!!!? They're bringing in a qualifying round in the kilo????

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site
I am most disappointed in the changes, although I welcome the women's madison.
They are effectively killing timed events.
Will the kilo survive?
Notice the schedule for the first cup has only a mens pursuit. No kilo, no womans pursuit or 500.
The omium is the worst. I loved last year's format. Bunch races only, esp. scratch race,don't come up with great finishes.
I assume the scratch race and points race will exist solely in the omnium format as well?
Then, all events may be placed in the World Championships, but for how long?
How many athletes will ride the kilo if it takes away from the keirin performance?

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site
[urlhttp://www.trackworldcup.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/GLASGOW-TWC16-SCHEDULE_OCT16_RET.png][/url]

GLASGOW-TWC16-SCHEDULE_OCT16_RET.png

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site
Well OldCrank, what do you think? This cup is a bit of a bust. Where are all of the stars? Simona K is there. I know it is post Olympics, but this competition seems lackluster. We will see how the coverage goes on Sunday. One day coverage is making it worse. I see they have women's point race and men's scratch and points. I heard something may be amiss with the LA cup. Maybe just a rumor that it may be cancelled. I think there's one american girl that showed up. Silver medal in WP and now a no show? Maybe next week will turn out better. But, it would still prove my point that 2 cups close together is bad for at least one if not both competitions. Maybe in a few years they'll just be a Zwift velodrome and we can all watch online.

EDIT: Correction...LA is still on although I couldn't get an answer why it is scheduled for only 2 days.

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site
So, we learned that the shorter Madison and omium points race has double points every ten laps.
Here's the schedule for Apeldorn Nov 11-13
[http://www.trackworldcup.nl/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/Competition-Programme-Apeldoorn_Final.pdf][/url]

A few things missing is Women's scratch race and womens madison.
No men's kilo but womens 500 has a 250 qualifying(?) Odd
No Individual Pursuit for men or women.

They seem to have attracted a few more stars than last week.
but, it will be a long wait until the third world cup.

Apr 12, 2009
Visit site
Wiggins and Cav win 6days Ghent in the last 5 rounds.

Ghent is the city where Wiggins was born, where his father lived for most of his career.

The Ghent 6 days was also the first 6days ever won by Wiggins (2003) and the first track event where Wiggins and Cav formed a duo (2008).

And this time, it might have been his last race ever (though he claims he is not sure yet).

May 11, 2009
Visit site
World Cup from Cali, Colombia is this coming weekend - Feb 17 - 19, 2017.
Two hour coverage of the weekend event on Universal HD (in USA) on Monday 2/20, 5 - 7 pm MST.

TRENDING THREADS