• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2016, 70th Tour de Romandie, April 26th - May 1st, WT

70th Tour de Romandie!

logo.jpg

Startlist: http://www.procyclingstats.com/race/Tour_de_Romandie_2016_Startlist

Prologue, La Chaux-de-Fonds, ITT (3.95km)
stage-prologue-profil-tdr-2016-min.jpg

Stage 1: La Chaux-de-Fonds - Moudon (169km)
stage-01-profil-tdr-2016-min.jpg

Stage 2: Moudon - Morgins (173.9km)
stage-02-profil-tdr-2016-min.jpg

Stage 3: Sion, ITT (15.11km)
stage-03-profil-tdr-2016-min.jpg

Stage 4: Conthey - Villars-sur-Ollon (172.7 km)
stage-04-profil-tdr-2016-min.jpg

Stage 5, Ollon - Genève (177.4km)
stage-05-profil-tdr-2016-min.jpg

So we have hilly prologue, hilly ITT, two MTFs and two let's say mountain stages with easier final parts

Last year TOP 10:
1) Zakarin
2) Spilak 00:17
3) Froome 00:35
4) Pinot 00:49
5) Uran 01:20
6) S Yates 01:21
7) Majka 01:24
8) N Quintana 01:42
9) Bardet 01:43
10) Nibali 01:54

The favourites?
Froome - usually this is the first serious race for him, two times winner (2013, 2014) and 3rd in 2015. IMO the biggest favourite and I'm really curious to see how he will perform this year here
Spilak - winner in 2010, 2nd three years in a row (2013, 2014, 2015)
It's very interesting what Zakarin will do after last year win
Pinot looks quite good this season
The route suits Quintana but there is a risk that he can be past his spring peak and he was very average last year here
There are also Bardet, Porte, van Garderen, Majka, T. Dumoulin, S.Yates, Albasini, Kelderman, Uran, Rolland, Talansky, Mollema, Hesjedal, Lopez and Frank

Looks like interesting race :D

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Shoul be a fun race to watch, I'm curious about Froome's TT skills, we haven't seen a great ITT from him since the 2014 Dauphine ITT.
Spilak should be on the podium, Pinot could do really well, I don't know about Rui Costa.

Bumping my question from the general news thread, I didnt realise this one was created:
Romandie has 2 MTF's, hardly news, but does anyone have the profiles for the 2 climbs to Morgins and Villars Ollon or whatever it is called?

And just to contribute a little, those ITT's are both super hard. I wouldn't be surprised if Quintana won one of them (if he is in good shape, that is). I dont know why one of them isn't flat, but I guess hilly/mountainious TT's are the new thingy. A very good Tour prep.

Re:

Valv.Piti said:
Bumping my question from the general news thread, I didnt realise this one was created:
Romandie has 2 MTF's, hardly news, but does anyone have the profiles for the 2 climbs to Morgins and Villars Ollon or whatever it is called?

And just to contribute a little, those ITT's are both super hard. I wouldn't be surprised if Quintana won one of them (if he is in good shape, that is). I dont know why one of them isn't flat, but I guess hilly/mountainious TT's are the new thingy. A very good Tour prep.

viewtopic.php?p=1906926#p1906926

Re: Re:

roundabout said:
Valv.Piti said:

viewtopic.php?p=1906926#p1906926

Thanks. Doesnt look super hard, but should be enough for good racing!

Re:

Mayomaniac said:
Shoul be a fun race to watch, I'm curious about Froome's TT skills, we haven't seen a great ITT from him since the 2014 Dauphine ITT.
Spilak should be on the podium, Pinot could do really well, I don't know about Rui Costa.

That the toughest stage is on the penultimate day doesn't bode well for him. He will win the TT though.

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site

BigMac said:
Mayomaniac said:

That the toughest stage is on the penultimate day doesn't bode well for him. He will win the TT though.
For me Dumoulin has to be the favourite for the TT, even if it's a hard one, he was able to win the 2015 Pais Vasco TT.

Mayomaniac said:
BigMac said:
Mayomaniac said:

For me Dumoulin has to be the favourite for the TT, even if it's a hard one, he was able to win the 2015 Pais Vasco TT.

It was mainly tongue in cheek due to Costa's trademark superpeak on the antepenultimate day (and last day for that matter) of racing. So yeah, I agree, Dumo is still the favourite.

And I was thinking that the Pais Vasco profiles looked ridiculous.

I wish all organisers would use the same program to make stage profiles, or at least use similar, decent ones. Why do they use make profiles like these?

Anyway, depends on how Froome prepared. Wouldn't say that much if he doesn't win, except if he totally sucked. Don't know why Quintana is riding. Is he still planning on riding on spring form?

Red Rick said:
BigMac said:
Clearly you've never see the Volta a Portugal or Algarve profiles. Can't get worse than that.

Never bother with Algarve cause I know by now what Malhao is like. But they're awful as well.

Now do you know why they use crappy software like that or not?

Don't even think they use any kind of software. They just throw money at some graphic designer to draw them raw thinking a pretty (albeit useless) profile sells better.

Re:

Mayomaniac said:

Yup, will be interesting. There was like no TTing in last year's Tour which is why he didn't really bother practising TTs in 2015, and that would explain his relatively poor performances in the TTs (by his standards at least)

But if he's serious about the olympic double, he should have gained a fair bit of that TT ability back by now, and that should show to some extent in the 15km TT.

PS Why the **** is Kittel riding this :D