• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2016, 70th Tour de Romandie, April 26th - May 1st, WT

Page 44 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
And those cyclinghub guys would be elite, top 1% posters here in terms of knowledge. Puts into perspective what a great job Kirby is usually doing.

On a different note, how did Reichenbach do today?

Re: Re:

goggalor said:
BigMac said:
goggalor said:
LaFlorecita said:
Gloin22 said:
One of the cyclinghub guys is more clueless than Kirby. And that takes some going. At least other is decent.
Both of them are pretty bad to be honest (if it's the Dane and the Scot)
Norwegian I think? How come they've started chatting over the stream anyway? I'm back to hunting down streams "manually" now since I like to actually hear the race noise.

Dane. Jesper.
There are two.

The other is Scottish. David Hunter.

AlexNYC said:
Gloin22 said:
One of the cyclinghub guys is more clueless than Kirby. And that takes some going. At least other is decent.

I appreciate their effort, but seriously... One of them just can't shut up and 50% of what he says is rubbish. I'd rather listen to the Norwegian narrators (and I don't speak a single word of Norwegian !!).

then why didn't you use another stream?! lol...

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site

BigMac said:
Um? The other is apparently called Remi, like I said I think he's Norwegian.

Gigs_98 said:
goggalor said:
LaFlorecita said:
Gloin22 said:
Norwegian I think? How come they've started chatting over the stream anyway? I'm back to hunting down streams "manually" now since I like to actually hear the race noise.
They only do this because there is no English broadcasting for the Tour de Romandie. In every other race they will again just stream the Eurosport commentary.
I see.

Re:

SeriousSam said:
And those cyclinghub guys would be elite, top 1% posters here in terms of knowledge. Puts into perspective what a great job Kirby is usually doing.

Had to let the group go during the last selection 4 - 5 kms. to the finish.
Strong ride considering his team duties. He has the talent.

goggalor said:
BigMac said:
Um? The other is apparently called Remi, like I said I think he's Norwegian.

Then it must be a new one. That guy never commented.

Can also be the second owner who is Dutch.

rei_da_montanha said:
BigMac said:

In the previews, yes it's David Hunter.

In this streams, the other guy is Norwegian, it's Remi from Firstcycling.

Hunter doesn't just do previews. Until today I've never even heard of this Remi guy, the Scottish one used to commentate with Jesper.

But I stand corected, then.

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Re:

SeriousSam said:

Nope, maybe Scottish guy, he knows a lot about sprints and sprinttrains, but the other guy isn't exactly the most knowledgeable.
I can't stand Kirby, that's why I usually go for a Sporza stream, I'm only able to understand a few words, but that's fine.

Red Rick said:
LaFlorecita said:
Gloin22 said:

Well they aren't getting paid for it.
Sure, but they are mostly clueless about cycling. They could at least learn a bit about the sport and its history, the races and the riders before commentating.

BigMac said:
goggalor said:
BigMac said:
goggalor said:
LaFlorecita said:

Dane. Jesper.
There are two.

Not the two who commentated today. Both Scandinavian as they mentioned. One was Norwegian.

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site

Krokro said:
Red Rick said:
LaFlorecita said:
Gloin22 said:

What about giving some credit to a guy who provide a HD stream without understandable commentary ? So he wants to add more value by covering the stream with his comments. Sounds pretty brave and nice to me. But you would probably be better at this job.. And as well said. For free.

I appreciate their service. (on sidenote the owner does make money from website revenue so it's not like he's doing it all just for fun)

Doesn't mean I cant comment on the quality of their commentating which lacks coherence and especially Jasper fella seem to fail to understand cycling much with his curious remarks. The other guy at least states the obvious without sounding stupid. I still like listening to it because Im used to the commentary, but the level of it is pretty low, that's all.

carolina said:
AlexNYC said:
Gloin22 said:

I appreciate their effort, but seriously... One of them just can't shut up and 50% of what he says is rubbish. I'd rather listen to the Norwegian narrators (and I don't speak a single word of Norwegian !!).

then why didn't you use another stream?! lol...

I keep hoping the guy who talks too much learns to take it easy. If he can do that, they'll be OK. But I do miss the ambient race noise...

Mayomaniac said:
SeriousSam said:

Nope, maybe Scottish guy, he knows a lot about sprints and sprinttrains, but the other guy isn't exactly the most knowledgeable.
The Scottish guy knows slightly more than the Dane, but he is a huge Sky fanboy so that evens it out :D

LaFlorecita said:
Red Rick said:
LaFlorecita said:
Gloin22 said:

Sure, but they are mostly clueless about cycling. They could at least learn a bit about the sport and its history, the races and the riders before commentating.

What makes me cringe is that they a) claim to be huge fans, but then proceed to not know basic things, and b) keep talking about their own fantasy cycling teams.

I'lll admit the main cyclinghub guy can be a bit annoying at times but he's not a professional and maybe he'll learn that he doesn't have to talk all the time (silence is ok from time to time) and get a bit better. I appreciate what he does and that they offered English commentary even if it wasn't perfect.

I don't expect to get tons of knowledge from a cycling commentator. Frankly we have more of that here so pretty much everybody sounds clueless at times. And I certainly don't mind a little misidentification as it's just hard to tell sometimes. I really just want to be entertained which is why I'm one of the few around here who likes Kirby - he entertains me and usually is partnered with someone with a bit of inside knowledge.

Feb 7, 2016
Visit site
The cyclinghub guys are not that bad...I think they are better than Kirby at least :rolleyes: ... Well for me Sporza is light-years away the best one... i think you guys should just learn dutch, it is worth it :D :D

TRENDING THREADS