• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2016, 70th Tour de Romandie, April 26th - May 1st, WT

Page 45 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Stage
Clipboard_zps1uts8bo9.gif

Apparently Quintana is going to take this race up tomorrow. He is reaching a great palmares so far. Vuelta al País Vasco, Tirreno Adriatico, Volta a Catalunya and Tour of Romandie are 4 World Tour races. That's a huge achievement for him but, to be honest, he doesn't make me feel anything as spectator. He is such a dull rider. He is always in front of the race but he rarely takes the initiative. Today, he was the strongest man in the bunch, in my opinion, but he has been ok with be another simple one.

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
TMobile41 said:
The cyclinghub guys are not that bad...I think they are better than Kirby at least :rolleyes: ... Well for me Sporza is light-years away the best one... i think you guys should just learn dutch, it is worth it :D :D
I can only understand a few words and it's already way better than Kirby. :D
I don't want to bash the cyclinghub guys, they lack experience and arent actual commentators.

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Re:

el chava said:
Nice ride by youngster Kudus to break the Top 20. Looking forward to follow him in the Giro. He might be the real deal for african cycling.
I hope so.
That was his first really good performance with bad weather, I always thought that he didn't like it.
G and Talansky finished behind Kittel. :eek:

Re: Re:

dusty red roads said:
Gloin22 said:
One of the cyclinghub guys is more clueless than Kirby. And that takes some going. At least other is decent.
This may be true, but I have to say I prefer the cyclinghub guys any day to Kirby!

Hey! I am going to have to insist that you and others stop the Kirby-bashing, m'kay?
Mere mortals should show some respect to a legend among cycling broadcasters.

p.s. cyclinghub commentators: Gotta love their enthusiasm; only criticism is their tendency to talk a bit too much. Sometimes saying less is more. But then again, they may feel the need to fill dead air that is normally consumed by the sounds of cheering crowds, motorbikes, etc...
It sort of felt like eavesdropping in on someone else's conversation.
p.p.s. Uran looked really good today; but man, the Vroomster sure can climb.

Re:

Dekker_Tifosi said:
Good ride by Froome. Also nice by Dumoulin, much better than 1st mt stage. I really do wonder if he is not sneakily going to the Giro with some GC ambition

How often does he have to explain?
He's going for stage victories in the TT and if he's high in the GC he won't just throw it away without making an effort, but that's not his main goal. His goal is stage victories anything extra is a bonus.

I really don't think there is more to it. He will most definately try to take pink during the 2nd TT. Cancellara is the big favourite for the prologue and Tom expects Cancellara to win there, but he hopes that Cance gets dropped on the first MTF and that he can limit his losses to grab pink in the next TT.

I was driving and missed the live broadcast, and some of you are lucky that I was: some of the posts were clearly personal, out-of-bounds. No name-calling please. Thank you.

I caught up with the video on YouTube, and I really liked what I watched. As many of us suspected, Dawg broke away, got the stage...but the refreshing part took place behind Froome: Izaguirre, so underrated, but what a great great rider! And how about Reichenbach...WOW! The guy is the consummate team player, he deserves a lot of credit. Quintana is clearly the best. Zakarin was solid but showed signs of weakness: simply put, he's no Berzin :cool: . Maybe today was the day when Bardet realized that GC-wise, he will never be the top-French guy and that he needs to focus more on the spring classics.

And of course, my man Tibopino tried to pull a Vinot, dared to shake the coconut tree, and in his post-race interview declared: "je me suis fait plaisir". I had fun. He was more assertive than he's ever been considering the level of competition, if you except his attack on Nibbles at the '14 TdF. Thinard Pinault put Zakarin on the ropes so he couldn't attack, got his time bonus...if nothing weird happens tomorrow, Thibaut leaves the TdR with a ton of confidence. After all, he did as good as Contador vs. Quintana...

Tonton said:
I was driving and missed the live broadcast, and some of you are lucky that I was: some of the posts were clearly personal, out-of-bounds. No name-calling please. Thank you.

I caught up with the video on YouTube, and I really liked what I watched. As many of us suspected, Dawg broke away, got the stage...but the refreshing part took place behind Froome: Izaguirre, so underrated, but what a great great rider! And how about Reichenbach...WOW! The guy is the consummate team player, he deserves a lot of credit. Quintana is clearly the best. Zakarin was solid but showed signs of weakness: simply put, he's no Berzin :cool: . Maybe today was the day when Bardet realized that GC-wise, he will never be the top-French guy and that he needs to focus more on the spring classics.

And of course, my man Tibopino tried to pull a Vinot, dared to shake the coconut tree, and in his post-race interview declared: "je me suis fait plaisir". I had fun. He was more assertive than he's ever been considering the level of competition, if you except his attack on Nibbles at the '14 TdF. Thinard Pinault put Zakarin on the ropes so he couldn't attack, got his time bonus...if nothing weird happens tomorrow, Thibaut leaves the TdR with a ton of confidence. After all, he did as good as Contador vs. Quintana...
Good luck with that. Everyone's favorite rider gets called names. Best just to have thick skin.

TRENDING THREADS