• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2016, 70th Tour de Romandie, April 26th - May 1st, WT

Page 46 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Feb 6, 2016
Visit site
Re:

Red Rick said:
I don't think Quintana was that strong yesterday. He attacked too, and it wasn't a very strong one. Probably not all out, but I don't think he could've dropped everyone if he wanted to

He seemed to me to be relying on Izagirre to respond to attacks - relying a bit too heavily for me to think he was very strong. He wasn't towards the front of the selection that much.

Strong breakaway.

Chris Froome (Sky), Carlos Verona (Etixx - QuickStep), Andrey Amador (Movistar), Michael Albasini (Orica GreenEDGE), Romain Bardet (AG2R La Mondiale), Wilco Kelderman (Lotto NL - Jumbo), Moreno Moser (Cannondale), Sander Armée (Lotto Soudal), Tsgabu Grmay (Lampre - Merida), Jérôme Coppel (IAM Cycling)

Albasini to finally grab his stage? :D

Mar 14, 2016
Visit site
Re:

Alexandre B. said:
Strong breakaway.

Chris Froome (Sky), Carlos Verona (Etixx - QuickStep), Andrey Amador (Movistar), Michael Albasini (Orica GreenEDGE), Romain Bardet (AG2R La Mondiale), Wilco Kelderman (Lotto NL - Jumbo), Moreno Moser (Cannondale), Sander Armée (Lotto Soudal), Tsgabu Grmay (Lampre - Merida), Jérôme Coppel (IAM Cycling)

Albasini to finally grab his stage? :D
Froome? The profile doesn't suit him at all, he must be on a hard training ride.

Does this breakaway have a good chance?

Orica shouldn't chase (Albasini), neither should Etixx (Verona is there and Kittel doesn't start). Trek could potentially chase for Bonifazio, but they're left with only 4 riders in the race and I don't think Mollema will work because he is in top10 in GC. Cimolai is no longer in the race so Lampre shouldn't chase either.

Anderis said:
Does this breakaway have a good chance?

Orica shouldn't chase (Albasini), neither should Etixx (Verona is there and Kittel doesn't start). Trek could potentially chase for Bonifazio, but they're left with only 4 riders in the race and I don't think Mollema will work because he is in top10 in GC. Cimolai is no longer in the race so Lampre shouldn't chase either.
Only 3 starters from Trek according to their twitter.

Mar 14, 2016
Visit site
Re: Re:

Anderis said:
CheckMyPecs said:
If you're going to watch the live broadcast, guys, remember it starts and ends earlier today.
It sucks. Now it chlashes with F1 race which I wanted to watch. There would be no problem if they kept the same finishing time as in previous days.
100% agree.

Re: Re:

Cannibal72 said:
Red Rick said:
I don't think Quintana was that strong yesterday. He attacked too, and it wasn't a very strong one. Probably not all out, but I don't think he could've dropped everyone if he wanted to

He seemed to me to be relying on Izagirre to respond to attacks - relying a bit too heavily for me to think he was very strong. He wasn't towards the front of the selection that much.

On the steeper part he was constantly among the first 2-3 riders in the favourites group and also put in a half-hearted attack. During the later and flatter part of the climb he was more relying on Izagirre to do the job for him.

In fairness, he indeed didn't look that much better than his rivals yesterday. But, all in all, he was much stronger in Romandie than I expected before the race.

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
CheckMyPecs said:
Anderis said:
Uran and Formolo will not start today's stage.
Nothing to defend on GC, and an extra rest day before the Giro. Wise move.
Formolo crashed in the ITT and was stil feeling the effects of the crash, that's the reason why he lost so much time on yesterday's stage.

jaylew said:
Tonton said:
I was driving and missed the live broadcast, and some of you are lucky that I was: some of the posts were clearly personal, out-of-bounds. No name-calling please. Thank you.

I caught up with the video on YouTube, and I really liked what I watched. As many of us suspected, Dawg broke away, got the stage...but the refreshing part took place behind Froome: Izaguirre, so underrated, but what a great great rider! And how about Reichenbach...WOW! The guy is the consummate team player, he deserves a lot of credit. Quintana is clearly the best. Zakarin was solid but showed signs of weakness: simply put, he's no Berzin :cool: . Maybe today was the day when Bardet realized that GC-wise, he will never be the top-French guy and that he needs to focus more on the spring classics.

And of course, my man Tibopino tried to pull a Vinot, dared to shake the coconut tree, and in his post-race interview declared: "je me suis fait plaisir". I had fun. He was more assertive than he's ever been considering the level of competition, if you except his attack on Nibbles at the '14 TdF. Thinard Pinault put Zakarin on the ropes so he couldn't attack, got his time bonus...if nothing weird happens tomorrow, Thibaut leaves the TdR with a ton of confidence. After all, he did as good as Contador vs. Quintana...
Good luck with that. Everyone's favorite rider gets called names. Best just to have thick skin.

This isn't what he is talking about. Posters were calling each other names. One mod even called another poster an idiot. Of course he doesn't expect everyone to like his favorite rider.

TRENDING THREADS