• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2016 Bretagne Classic Ouest-France (GP Plouay) - 247k

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Naesen took plenty of pulls -- the last 2k must have been excruciating for Bettiol, as the weaker finisher he knew he had to ride Naesen off his wheel somehow or try to force him to work, but with the peloton only 10 seconds back he couldn't let off the gas to do so.

From watching on Eurosport, the peloton was suffering from some confusion as to what they were supposed to be doing. To get within 10 seconds with a climb 3k from the finish and not catch two escapees was ridiculous. I didn't see motorpacing, just a few clever tucks here and there and good use of the photo moto as camouflage.

In short, a great race.

It's so surreal to claim that Naesen wheelsucked. It's so plain to see that he tok the longest pulls, did all the côte du Lézot in front, accelerated in Ty-Marrec to drop Martin and then you could see him starting the descent face on the bars, tongue in the air and the arms shaping a right angle - DeVlaeminck-esque. On the first crossing of the finish line, Thierry Adam, commentator for France TV said Naesens (sic) pulls were impressive and with 7km o go he said Bettiol did not take too many pulls. :D

Besides, the celebration was just ... ordinary. Well he raised his arms, period. I mean for a poster who found it normal for Matthews to celebrate like a kid a stage win at the Tour of France, Naesen may not raise his arms for a win in a major classic. Not even talking about Sagan's childish wheelies. :rolleyes:

I admited I was wrong. Why don't you get yourself banned again for everyone's sake? Do you not hate this place, afterall? Go slither somewhere your inflated ego fits. Mods only need to look at your recent posting history to see you're stalking me. Most of your posts post and pre-ban have me quoted with responses ranging from insults, baseless accusations and other displays of smugness. Not to mention the ones which were already deleted and got you a 2 month ban. I don't know what you're trying to achieve, but whatever it is, you come across as seriously depraved to pretty much everyone here. Perhaps it is time you stop blaming everyone else, take a deep look in the mirror and understand just how bad a person you are. Just how unaware of himself does one have to be to constantly storm in in discussions to give others moral lessons and then act like this? Incredible. Stop quoting me. If it is a report you want, that can be arranged. I don't care if you're trying to become some sort of internet martyr or other pathetic stuff.

Edit: Actually, you're going straight on to ignore. First one ever.

Re:

Flamin said:
I thought you guys were buddies (or am I confusing BigMac with someone else)? What happened? :p
Once they took each others' dicks out of their mouths and had a real conversation, Echoes found out that BM was an autonomous individual, who was critical of Islam, and so the dilemma arose; was his love for the kid strong enough to forgive him, was he simply a misguided kid, whom he could save? They kissed and made up, but tensions continued to rise, and Echoes found it increasingly difficult to control BM, and so while he still had strong feelings for him, it finally exploded some months ago.

While BM was still just a curious juvenile when the relationship started, he has grown since then and become more mature, and as such I think the whole experience has been healthy for him, though one probably feared in the early stages that he wouldn't be able to free himself from Echoes' morally questionable sway over him. For Echoes on the other hand, BM wasn't just the first love and a stepping stone, no, he was the one big love, which is why the backlash is so extreme after BM won't take him back ever again. One would hope that he could get over it and perhaps reflect a bit over his own person, but unlike BM, Echoes doesn't really seem all that introspective (quite hollow actually, in his own way).

I'm just sad that the relationship, and the comedic value it contributed with, is over. Bitter feelings alone ain't fun, it was the love-hate-cycle that generated all the great entertainment. Perhaps Echoes will hunt for one of the new juveniles on here, there is hope!

Re: Re:

Netserk said:
Flamin said:
I thought you guys were buddies (or am I confusing BigMac with someone else)? What happened? :p
Once they took each others' dicks out of their mouths and had a real conversation, Echoes found out that BM was an autonomous individual, who was critical of Islam, and so the dilemma arose; was his love for the kid strong enough to forgive him, was he simply a misguided kid, whom he could save? They kissed and made up, but tensions continued to rise, and Echoes found it increasingly difficult to control BM, and so while he still had strong feelings for him, it finally exploded some months ago.

While BM was still just a curious juvenile when the relationship started, he has grown since then and become more mature, and as such I think the whole experience has been healthy for him, though one probably feared in the early stages that he wouldn't be able to free himself from Echoes' morally questionable sway over him. For Echoes on the other hand, BM wasn't just the first love and a stepping stone, no, he was the one big love, which is why the backlash is so extreme after BM won't take him back ever again. One would hope that he could get over it and perhaps reflect a bit over his own person, but unlike BM, Echoes doesn't really seem all that introspective (quite hollow actually, in his own way).

I'm just sad that the relationship, and the comedic value it contributed with, is over. Bitter feelings alone ain't fun, it was the love-hate-cycle that generated all the great entertainment. Perhaps Echoes will hunt for one of the new juveniles on here, there is hope!

LOL, that's a great story, thanks for that :lol:

TRENDING THREADS