• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2016 Giro d'Italia - Stage 11 Modena - Asolo 227 km

Page 11 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

Krokro said:
gunara said:
veji11 said:
Krokro said:
Veji11, I completely agree with you. I totally rooted for Bobs finish.

Oups Yes sorry I meant to quote the poster before you ! :D

Me? Didn't I use enjoyable, remarkable, and understandable to describe his ride? :)

Well I think we both did not get your point then :D
Anyway, better finish than expected !
No problem veji11 !

Okay, blame my English then :D , I admit it's not always easy for me to express my thought in English, but I'll keep trying

Re:

Krokro said:
No hard feelings gunara, Im not from native english country either so we are doing our best. We agreed on our point and that's cool haha.

Sure, cheers :)

Anyway, my second paragraph - as well as my mention of Nibali - meant to say that we ONLY ASSUMED that Jungels thought he wouldn't hold the jersey long into the mountain, the truth is we don't really know what he think he's capable of.

Re:

yaco said:
What I takeout of the stage is the GC riders don't rate Amador - He's been dropped twice on climbs and the peleton have allowed him to rejoin.

Everyone knows he is there for Valverde and there's no way he burns as much energy as he has attacking early on in the race and still sticks with it in the high mountains

Mar 14, 2016
Visit site
Re:

Valv.Piti said:
Guys, this may not be the right thread, but 2 questions:

- What does the weather look like for stage 13, but more importantly, 14?
- When does the coverage start for stage 14?
The weather looks quite good for both stages. Just a bit cloudy, certainly no reason to cancel or shorten the stage.

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Re:

Valv.Piti said:

Stage 14 should have good weather, about 15°C in Corvara and partially cloudy.

Re:

Valv.Piti said:

In both cases dry and a little bit cloudy. Should be perfect racing weather and hopefully no danger of snow.
Btw, after todays stage I actually expect Nibali to attack on the descents of stage 13, because if he does try it on a 4th category climb, why shouldnt he try it on a way longer descent as well.

Re:

DominicDecoco said:
Not easy to be a bike rider. If they don't, they are boring - if they do, it is pointless..

Flat stage tomorrow, despite burning some energy today, they'll be fine.

Indeed. I was just reading through the thread and I'm just shocked by the negativity.
We get a lot of action on a stage where we didn't expect it and then people start moaning that riders are wasting their energy....
Jungels showing his pink jersey off which was great to see. Nice work by him. Ulissi with a strong effort to win the stage. Some nice GC action.

Sure...was it smart? Maybe not.
Was it wasting energy? Most likely.
Do I care? No.
Did we get entertained? Yes
Do I care about getting entertained when watching a bike race? Hell yeah.

Re: Re

veji11 said:
Krokro said:
gunara said:
Krokro said:
Maaaaaaaarten said:
Well, he got 13 seconds and 4 boni seconds I think? Why on earth are you people criticizing somebody who's trying to ride a good GC for attacking and taking 17 seconds?! Look, if tomorrow was a big stage, then sure, he could've relaxed to save some energy for tomorrow, but tomorrow is a pan flat stage without any chance of action. Why not attack and get a few seconds?

Huge +1. Im wondering what is wrong with people criticizing his move. He counter attacked Amador and pushed hard to try to gain some time and probably a stage win. I mean that was great to watch. Seeing a maglia rosa riding like this is always such a pleasure. Every second is worth in a GT, eventho he is going to eventually lose the jersey in the following days.

I can understand the moanings if it was Nibali or other big favorite in Jungels' position, but for a non favorite in pink to ride like is nothing short of remarkable and enjoyable, not to mention understandable.

Although every argument will sound strange if Jungels turn out to be strong enough to hold in for some more in the mountain....these days who knows.

I found his way of finishing this stage really enjoyable imo. But as you said, he probably knows that he won't keep it in a few days. He just shows the jersey and how strong he can be in that sort of terrain. Did he spend extra energy ? Probably. But Tomorrow should be pan flat. We will see what he can deliver on stage 13.

Come on guys, haven't you heard of honoring the jersey ? Jungels rode like a champ, a gutsy young champ and many followers will have fallen a bit in love with him today for it. This is what cycling is, let the accountants enjoy playing with numbers.

Indeed...it's called Panache and the lad showed some. I surely like Jungels much more than I did before the stage started. You go lad, you're a racer!

Kwibus said:
DominicDecoco said:
Not easy to be a bike rider. If they don't, they are boring - if they do, it is pointless..

Indeed. I was just reading through the thread and I'm just shocked by the negativity.
We get a lot of action on a stage where we didn't expect it and then people start moaning that riders are wasting their energy....
Jungels showing his pink jersey off which was great to see. Nice work by him. Ulissi with a strong effort to win the stage. Some nice GC action.

Do I care? No.

Good points. Jungels days of glory and we get to know him better. Seems like a really nice guy.

Kwibus said:
DominicDecoco said:

Do I care? No.

^This^

Great to see Bob being aggressive and animating the Stage....whilst in Pink makes it even more impressive.
Sure, he isn't in contention for the overall GC, but will be remembered for his gutsy ride on this stage.
Chapeau! (Not sure of the Italian translation sorry)

TRENDING THREADS