• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2016 Giro d'Italia, stage 12: Noale - Bibione, 182 km

Why there is no separate thread yet for definitely the most exciting stage of the race?
Eshnar said:
STAGE 12: Noale – Bibione 182 km

Stage start: 13.00 CET, 19 May

PW_T12_Bibione_alt.jpg

PW_T12_Bibione_plan.jpg

Technical Overview:
Do you remember the stage to Jesolo of last year's Giro? The one I called “Flattest stage ever”? Well, this is its brother. Almost twins. Same area, same flatness. But is this the new flattest stage ever? Or is the title still in the hands of last year's stage? That's the important question.
This stage is less flat, I'd say. It has a solid 40m of altitude gain, while the 2015 stage didn't look like more than 20 (because it was mostly downhill). However, this year's stage will be lower, with the highest point at 38m above sea level against the 55m of last year. As a matter of fact, this stage is even lower than the two road stages in the Low Countries, being surpassed only by the prologue. Hence, I'll call this the lowest road stage ever.
Besides these very important issues, not much else to say, apart from the fact that there is a silly city circuit to be ridden twice at the end, and that there's a 90 degrees turn at 300m to go. Because you know, safety first!

PW_T12_Bibione_ukm.jpg

fyclSr1.jpg

What to expect:
Mass cra... huh... sprint. Mass sprint.

Re: Re:

Valv.Piti said:
Laplaz said:
Brullnux said:
Crash with 7 to go, some favourites lose 30-40 seconds or so like last year's stage to Jesolo.
This. Don't understimate the stage of tomorrow. Probably it will rain and we all know what this can cause...

I don't want rain and a tricky finish in town to decide the race...

Can't we just skip this stage and go right to 13?

Yeh we need to skip this one!

Anderis said:
Andre Cardoso to win this unbelievably hard stage.

Heh, it's like the Giro's very own Scheldeprijs tomorrow: You'll expect Greipel to win. He probably WILL win. But you kind of get the feeling it's like a WWE style elimination match up until the end. Only with less fake punches and more asphalt burn.

EDIT: Philosophical question: Would the odds of Cardoso winning this be higher or lower than Leicester's 1/5000 :p

MikeTichondrius said:
Anderis said:
Andre Cardoso to win this unbelievably hard stage.

Heh, it's like the Giro's very own Scheldeprijs tomorrow: You'll expect Greipel to win. He probably WILL win. But you kind of get the feeling it's like a WWE style elimination match up until the end. Only with less fake punches and more asphalt burn.

EDIT: Philosophical question: Would the odds of Cardoso winning this be higher or lower than Leicester's 1/5000 :p

I love that analogy!
Considering he is one of the favourites, much lower.
Seriously tho, it is lower. Its probably around 500-1000 considering its just one stage compared to a season.

TRENDING THREADS