• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2016 Giro d'Italia, stage 12: Noale - Bibione, 182 km

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
I hope they booked a couple of extra ambulances.
UTI1676345_t837.jpg

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
Re:

Krokro said:
Dear Lord this final circuit looks nasty... I don't like this

I'm not exactly sad that I have to miss today's finale.

BCS: Bunch sprint.
WCS: Reduced bunch sprint due to a (couple of) massive crashes.

Re: Re:

happytramp said:
Baldinger said:
Are you kidding? He's among the worst climbers in the whole peloton, how would a stage like today not suit him perfectly?

Being a rubbish climber doesn't automatically make you a top sprinter.
I agree. I was responding to StryderHells comments on Ewan's abilities to do flat out drag races. If he's not good at flat sprint stages nor hilly stages, then what?

Baldinger said:
happytramp said:
Baldinger said:
Are you kidding? He's among the worst climbers in the whole peloton, how would a stage like today not suit him perfectly?

I agree. I was responding to StryderHells comments on Ewan's abilities to do flat out drag races. If he's not good at flat sprint stages nor hilly stages, then what?
Have a look at his results and he is better in a uphill sprint (last years Vuelta stage win is a good example) and not a flat out drag race type of sprint.

StryderHells said:
Baldinger said:
happytramp said:
Baldinger said:

Have a look at his results and he is better in a uphill sprint (last years Vuelta stage win is a good example) and not a flat out drag race type of sprint.
But its not really a drag race today due to the finale, much more technical, I dont know how he fares when wet and dangerous

Valv.Piti said:
StryderHells said:
Baldinger said:
happytramp said:
Baldinger said:

But its not really a drag race today due to the finale, much more technical, I dont know how he fares when wet and dangerous
I don't disagree with that at all, I was just saying that just because it's pancake flat doesn't mean it suits Ewan's sprinting style was my point. If Mezgec can give him a leadout like the one the other day then he has a chance to finish in the top 3 considering how technical the finishing circuit is

Re:

Baldinger said:

He was still in the reduced bunch yesterday. Got dropped on the final hill again.

He is not the worst climber in the bunch, but on the long climbs he's really poor yes. He can survive short explosive climbs ok'ish.

Kwibus said:
Baldinger said:

He was still in the reduced bunch yesterday. Got dropped on the final hill again.

He is not the worst climber in the bunch, but on the long climbs he's really poor yes. He can survive short explosive climbs ok'ish.
That last little bump was only a few kms from home but he finished >17 mins back and and beat only 7 riders. He must have got off and walked

Cycling fans hope for rain in almost every race except TT's and flat stages where rain only leads to dangerous crashes or unfair conditions, but of course the first two rainy stages of the giro are the only long TT and the flattest stage of the whole race.

Does maybe anyone know if there could be crosswinds later today. Then the stage could even get interesting.

TRENDING THREADS