• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2016 Giro d'Italia - Stage 14: Farra d'Alpago–Corvara 210 km

Page 22 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

GuyIncognito said:
carton said:
markene2 said:
Valverde exploded!
Don't say that. He just got dropped by several riders with better form :D

He's 36. What did you expect? He was dropped in Liége, he was dropped on the hills at Trentino...
Face it, he's old and past it
Yet he owned everyone on the Ruta del Sol stage and in FW. Even in 14 Valv had days like this

Re: Re:

Cance > TheRest said:
GuyIncognito said:
carton said:
markene2 said:
Valverde exploded!
Don't say that. He just got dropped by several riders with better form :D

He's 36. What did you expect? He was dropped in Liége, he was dropped on the hills at Trentino...
Face it, he's old and past it
Yet he owned everyone on the Ruta del Sol stage and in FW. Even in 14 Valv had days like this

FW was a 150m sprint of 40 guys

Re:

Baldinger said:
When did Kruijswijk become such a good climber? I know he did some ok Giros in the past, but this is something different and it's not like his season has been good until now, rather the opposite.

Like Chaves and Dombrowski, he had to recover from a bad injury and is improving significantly year by year

May 29, 2015
Visit site
Re:

Baldinger said:
When did Kruijswijk become such a good climber? I know he did some ok Giros in the past, but this is something different and it's not like his season has been good until now, rather the opposite.

Did you watch the Giro last year? He was great in the high mountains there, and that was against Contador and Landa in top shape, which is arguably more difficult competition than this race.

Re:

Baldinger said:
He was great in the last week of the Giro last year; just peaked too late. Perhaps he's got his timing nailed this year.

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
Re:

Baldinger said:
He did some ok gyros than did some ok Giros. :D

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Re:

Baldinger said:

In the last week of the giro he was just below Contador and Landa. This giro isn't at that level so it's not that big of a suprise, he definitely improved but it's reasonable.

Re:

Baldinger said:
His TdS podium back in 2011 showed he might become a big climber once about a time. After passing his health issues last year it seems he's finally made that improvement this year. Plus he peaked 100% for the Giro and these Cols are just tailor-made for a diesel like him. He still looks like a Dutch light version of Ivan Basso to me!

TRENDING THREADS