• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2016 Giro d'Italia - Stage 4 Catanzaro – Praia a Mare 200km

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
You never knows becouse cycling is not maths, and always can happen important things, but this stage is not for GC riders in theory, and I dont see Valverde taking bonus here, becouse the sprint is flat.

But is is not of course a stage for Kittel, Domoulin should take back the maglia.

Cancellara could try something, becouse his family come from that part of Italy, and the stage is good for him.

It is anyway a stage to see wich teams are strongers, and maybe we can see more from the GC contenders.

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site
Re: 2016 Giro d'Italia - Stage 4 Catanzaro – Praia a Mare 20

Bavarianrider said:
I don't think any of the GC teams is interested in a fast pace. Therefore it will either be a breakaway win of some no name or Kittel wins it in a reduced bunch sprint.

If the bunch is going to be reduced, Kittel will certainly not be there... La Ronca to attack at the last climb, and then who knows.

Re: 2016 Giro d'Italia - Stage 4 Catanzaro – Praia a Mare 20

Mr.White said:
Bavarianrider said:
I don't think any of the GC teams is interested in a fast pace. Therefore it will either be a breakaway win of some no name or Kittel wins it in a reduced bunch sprint.

If the bunch is going to be reduced, Kittel will certainly not be there... La Ronca to attack at the last climb, and then who knows.

There's not a single sprinter in the peleton that could drop Kittel on hills in his current shape.

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
ulissi.jpg

For this stage I would bet a good fast puncher like Ulissi or Colbrelli as well. Navardauskas would do great on that kind of terrain but his form looks not that good. Less probably but Chaves or Valverde to try something in the 18% ?
I don't see Kittel or any real sprinter getting it. It will ofc depend on the prloton pace as well.

Re: Re:

Krokro said:
togo95 said:
johnymax said:
Cannondale to go crazy from the start and set a fast pace to get rid of all the pure sprinters for Saga...oh wait, Navardauskas.

And maybe Moser too, to try to go for Maglia Rosa with a late attack.

Those two have the potential but it looks like Moser will be in the breakaway ? Someone postee this earlier on the topic.
Speaking about potential from Cannondale. What about Simon Clarke, Kirby's favourite. He certainly has also potential to do something in the finale.

Oh, and a little offtopic. Does anybody know what was this scuffle between Geniez and Dupont all about. It was after yesterday's stage. Maybe it had something to do with the crash.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TqG2ug-HSA

Surely Giant will be the ones really driving the pace here. Drop Kittel before the finish and they will be back in pink, and may well hold it for a couple of weeks.

If they're not going to go all out to drop Kittel here, then what is the point of eight of the riders on their team?