• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2016 Giro d'Italia - Stage 4 Catanzaro – Praia a Mare 200km

Page 17 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
Re:

Valv.Piti said:
Wait, are you able to bet live on cycling? I have never come across a bookmaker who offered that?
Yes I am.
I don't get too many markets, as it's a small company. But I can bet on the winner, top 3, h2hs... I'll show you with a screenshot etc tomorrow.

Re: Re:

Dekker_Tifosi said:
Valv.Piti said:
Red Rick said:
Different types of nationalism. You can be happy when a compatriot wins, just as you can be proud of the country you live in. However, it starts getting **** up when you see your country as 'better' than another one. Or when it makes somebody more relevant or important. Or when they see a reality that isn't there.

That said, Dumoulin and Kruiswijk are totally gonna 1-2 this Giro
Thats exactly what I mean, its so annoying, I just wan't to see Giro d' Italia, not Giro d' Denmark featuring Fuglsang and Bak..

Giggs: Thanks.
Try watching the Tour on NOS with 'Where is Gesink!?!?!?!' -commentator Dijkstra. Ugh.

This is funny to me coming from you. I've always thought of you as one of the most nationalistic posters on this forum. Now, I'm not saying it's necessarily a bad thing. I certainly don't dislike you in any way and I enjoy your posts, it's just that we can ALWAYS count on you to make a comment on whatever Dutch rider performed unexpectedly, underperformed, overperformed, showed promise, had a mechanical, finished 5th, 25th, whatever, no matter the race.

It's actually a bit comforting and you're certainly not the only one. When you've been around long enough you can pretty much predict what long-time or prolific posters are going to write (for all I know someone could say the same about me).

I will say you certainly aren't always overhyping them - you're often pessimistic about their prospects beforehand, but you've always seemed to me to be a bit obsessed with the performance of Dutch riders.

rune1107 said:
ferryman said:
Valv.Piti said:
Wait, are you able to bet live on cycling? I have never come across a bookmaker who offered that?
Really! I've been betting on live cycling for years. It can be a nice wee cash winner...Paddy Power btw..

I found out that Bet365 offers it too

Then I am seriously stupid. Im mainly using using bet365, along with Unibet, for this Giro. I even have a freaking odds blog.

By the way, if anyone is interested, how about creating a thread for the Giro with the sole purpose of making money? Post your odds and explain why there's value. I am already a fair amount of money up on the 4 first stages so far, but could use some advice and I am sure others can as well.

Broccolidwarf said:
Brullnux said:
Broccolidwarf said:
My prediction for top 5, after seeing them go up hill a bit:

Landa
Majka
Valverde
Dumoulin
Fuglsang

Surely that's not just based on today, else Lands wouldn't win and Majka wouldn't be second, and Nibali in the top 5. Based on today Fugslang should win with Bala and Nibali just behind. Fugslang to top5 with Nibali winning.

I am looking at how they look on the bike, in the climbs, and how they positioned themselves in the peloton today... not how they finished the stage.... obviously.

I do not think Nibali has it currently

I think that we did not watch the same race then. It even looks that you are ironic since Landa was so mispositioned on the last climb. Moreover Id say that Nibali, Dumoulin or Valverde gave me more a safe feeling than Majka. Astana and Movistar are (were at least today and even on paper) just way ahead Tinkoff. Im not contesting Landa for the win, Im contesting your observation from today.

They are not sharper than Landa, Landa did a very good ITT for his capacity, but in the past Landa could won in Neila orr Bondone, but he lost big time in stages like today. He didnt lost time, and he dont have such a big team as Nibali, so it is ok. If Landa dont lose tome in thiss kind of stages he is day by day more favourite. He can get big time in a really hard stage. They need to put Landa at 15 minutes to dont worry about him...

I might have overreacted about Landa ability. I just mean that until today he has not done poorly but not extremely good neither. His climbing goat abilities clearly ensure him an advantage in high mountains but the fact is he might lose several minutes on the more allrounder GC contenders aka Nibs, Valverde or Zakarin.

Sep 16, 2009
Visit site
Re:

Valv.Piti said:

Yes

What you do is you back riders that attack before books update the market, and then cash out. When Txurruka attacked I got him at $251, and then when he moved into $81, I cashed out. etc. So if you're on the ball and trust the commentators and twitter if you can't depict the riders, you can do well.

Re:

Red Rick said:
Different types of nationalism. You can be happy when a compatriot wins, just as you can be proud of the country you live in. However, it starts getting **** up when you see your country as 'better' than another one. Or when it makes somebody more relevant or important. Or when they see a reality that isn't there.

That said, Dumoulin and Kruiswijk are totally gonna 1-2 this Giro
LOL. Thanks for the laugh. But I agree with you on the first part. I just watched the race and I have no clue what the other forum members saw on Birdsong today. LOL.

Valv.Piti said:
Kwibus said:
Broccolidwarf said:
Red Rick said:
Fuglsang is always very agressive if he gets a chance to ride for himself. Usually he doesn't have a lot of pop on his attacks though, so he ends up doing the damage but never winning

Point is he looks stronger than ever - and that it seems he is not bound completely to Nibali, like he has been the last 2 years.

I didn't see anything specific that made me think "oooo Fuglsang is really strong this year". He is supposed to be where we've seen him today and I'm sure that once the going gets reallll tough in the high mountains that he will lose time eventually.

Thats funny, I don't think he looks much stronger than he used to, but apparently all the Danish experts and commentators are of the beliefs that this is Fuglsang's year. Like it is every year...

Nationalism is one of the worst traits, both on this forum, in politics and in sports. It can really ruin a broadcast for me when the hype is getting too real, its disgusting frankly.

Well, I am not a nationalist.... I have far too many moronic countrymen for that.... case in point ;)

So, I was watching the top 20 GC contenders and remarking on something I noticed..... all that other crap you are reading into it, says more about you than me, fortunately :)

Krokro said:
Broccolidwarf said:
Brullnux said:
Broccolidwarf said:

Landa
Majka
Valverde
Dumoulin
Fuglsang

Surely that's not just based on today, else Lands wouldn't win and Majka wouldn't be second, and Nibali in the top 5. Based on today Fugslang should win with Bala and Nibali just behind. Fugslang to top5 with Nibali winning.

I am looking at how they look on the bike, in the climbs, and how they positioned themselves in the peloton today... not how they finished the stage.... obviously.

I think that we did not watch the same race then. It even looks that you are ironic since Landa was so mispositioned on the last climb. Moreover Id say that Nibali, Dumoulin or Valverde gave me more a safe feeling than Majka. Astana and Movistar are (were at least today and even on paper) just way ahead Tinkoff. Im not contesting Landa for the win, Im contesting your observation from today.

They are not sharper than Landa, Landa did a very good ITT for his capacity, but in the past Landa could won in Neila orr Bondone, but he lost big time in stages like today. He didnt lost time, and he dont have such a big team as Nibali, so it is ok. If Landa dont lose tome in thiss kind of stages he is day by day more favourite. He can get big time in a really hard stage. They need to put Landa at 15 minutes to dont worry about him...

I might have overreacted about Landa ability. I just mean that until today he has not done poorly but not extremely good neither. His climbing goat abilities clearly ensure him an advantage in high mountains but the fact is he might lose several minutes on the more allrounder GC contenders aka Nibs, Valverde or Zakarin.

You are not not contesting Landa for the win, but yet find me saying he will win wrong?

Ok then :D

You might very well think differently.... the great thing is, that one of us will be proven wrong, soon :)

Broccolidwarf said:
Krokro said:
Broccolidwarf said:
Brullnux said:
Broccolidwarf said:

Landa
Majka
Valverde
Dumoulin
Fuglsang

You are not not contesting Landa for the win, but yet find me saying he will win wrong?

Ok then :D

You might very well think differently.... the great thing is, that one of us will be proven wrong, soon :)

It's really simple. Landa didn't look too good TODAY, but he should still do well later in the race.

Broccolidwarf said:
Valv.Piti said:
Kwibus said:
Broccolidwarf said:
Red Rick said:
Fuglsang is always very agressive if he gets a chance to ride for himself. Usually he doesn't have a lot of pop on his attacks though, so he ends up doing the damage but never winning

Point is he looks stronger than ever - and that it seems he is not bound completely to Nibali, like he has been the last 2 years.

I didn't see anything specific that made me think "oooo Fuglsang is really strong this year". He is supposed to be where we've seen him today and I'm sure that once the going gets reallll tough in the high mountains that he will lose time eventually.

Thats funny, I don't think he looks much stronger than he used to, but apparently all the Danish experts and commentators are of the beliefs that this is Fuglsang's year. Like it is every year...

Nationalism is one of the worst traits, both on this forum, in politics and in sports. It can really ruin a broadcast for me when the hype is getting too real, its disgusting frankly.

Well, I am not a nationalist.... I have far too many moronic countrymen for that.... case in point ;)

So, I was watching the top 20 GC contenders and remarking on something I noticed..... all that other crap you are reading into it, says more about you than me, fortunately :)

Well, I don't even know if you are from Denmark...

My comment wasn't directed at you at all, but at the experts and commentators in Denmark. Im sure you know who I talk about since I assume you are from Denmark considering your post. Chill, no bad intentions here