• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2016 Giro d'Italia - Stage 5 Praia a Mare – Benevento 233km

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Who will win Stage 5

• Moreno Hofland

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Other (Vino)

Votes: 4 5.1%
  • Elia Viviani

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Giacomo Nizzolo

Votes: 5 6.4%
  • Sacha Modolo

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Breakaway Rider

Votes: 14 17.9%
  • Arnaud Demare

Votes: 8 10.3%
  • Caleb Ewan

Votes: 5 6.4%
  • Marcel Kittel

Votes: 26 33.3%
  • Andre Greipel

Votes: 12 15.4%

• Total voters
Re: 2016 Giro d'Italia - Stage 5 Praia a Mare – Benevento 23

Lampre had Modolo in a great position coming into the last corner but then the crash happened. He also didn't have the legs in the end...

Re:

Samamba said:
I underestimated Greipel big time. Thought he was gonna mess up when he got no teammates left, but damn he was strong. Impressive!

Yeah, was never close. Impressive display of power. BTW, thought that Ewan was positioned great (think he was the one on Greipels wheel but watching on a small screen in horrible quality so might be wrong) when the sprint started. Nowhere close at the finish though

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Re: Re:

damian13ster said:
Samamba said:
I underestimated Greipel big time. Thought he was gonna mess up when he got no teammates left, but damn he was strong. Impressive!

Yeah, was never close. Impressive display of power. BTW, thought that Ewan was positioned great when the sprint started. Nowhere close at the finish though
Ewan did pretty good, it was an over 230km long gt stage.

Re:

Breh said:
Nobody crying over Greipel winning, hmhmhm

Totally man. Everyone's bias against the Germans is really showing. Good to see André give the French a win though! :cool:

I would have been impressed by anyone's win here. It took real skills to navigate the circuit, and real power to finish off the sprint. Had Kittel beens strong enough to contest and win, he would have shown a more diverse skill set. But he didn't, so he's still the same rider everyone thought he was.

Re: Re:

Mayomaniac said:
damian13ster said:
Samamba said:

Yeah, was never close. Impressive display of power. BTW, thought that Ewan was positioned great when the sprint started. Nowhere close at the finish though
Ewan did pretty good, it was an over 230km long gt stage.

Watching the overhead Ewan had to sprint a few times and was checked a couple of times as well, without that final check he would of finished closer but not close enough for a top 3 but still a good ride by the kid

TRENDING THREADS