• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2016 Giro d'Italia - Stage 6 Ponte – Roccaraso 157 km MTF

Page 19 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Who will win Stage 6?

• Rafal Majka

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Vincenzo Nibali

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Rigoberto Uran

Votes: 3 2.7%
  • Ilnur Zakarin

Votes: 10 8.9%
  • Mikel Landa

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Alejandro Valverde

Votes: 50 44.6%
  • Steven Kruijswijk

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Domenico Pozzovivo

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • Jakob Fuglsang

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other (Vino)

Votes: 29 25.9%

• Total voters
Re: Re:

Rollthedice said:
It looks like TdF 2015 all over again. He will hit form in the last week. I hope it's not too late. Don't know what the heck is Slongo doing lately
He lost 4 minutes on PSM.
He lost 20 seconds today.

Different climbs and field of course, but he doesn't look that bad to me. I'm still convinced he'll challenge for the overall win unless he's on the decline.

Forever The Best said:
SevenTimeTdfChamp said:
Forever The Best said:
SevenTimeTdfChamp said:
rehy90 said:
Nibali's ego is writing cheques his body cant cash :D

most epic comment ever :D
Says the Armstrong fanboy :rolleyes:

in case you dont know it was a quote from top gun.. the most epic film ever. And iam not even gonna talk to you about lance, the youngest world champion ever
SevenTimeTdfChamp said:
Why should he ... Nibali is leaveing astana and said some not very nice things about his tdf 2015 domestiques which includes fulgsang

The irony is that Armstrong had probably the biggest ego on cycling.And he was mostly able to do every dirty trick to win.

Alexandre B. said:
portugal11 said:
This giro looks like vuelta 2015, no world class climbers ( quintana is world class but he was far from best shape). Landa is so weak and he has to gain time in the mountains, not loosing... nibali only won the tour because contador fall and that is clear.

How can you be so sure? Nibali 2016 is not Nibali 2014.

don't provoke him. he's still buttheart about that tour...

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
I just realized that Dombrowski finished with the Nibali group, ahead of Formolo, I did not expect that.
Right now it's just like the 2014 when everyone was hyping Cuddles before the ITT, the 2nd half of the Giro will be a different race.

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Re:

Mayomaniac said:
I just realized that Dombrowski finished with the Nibali group, ahead of Formolo, I did not expect that.
Right now it's just like the 2014 when everyone was hyping Cuddles before the ITT, the 2nd half of the Giro will be a different race.

Only ACF and his crew, everyone else had a brain and knew evans was never gonna do anything in that giro GC-wise

Tom Doumulin looks like the rider to beat ..especially with 2 TT to come .....They have take his threat very seriously

Surprised that Nibali's attack was so weak ?

Also Landa is not top but there si a long way to go yet but parcours do not suit him

And Valverde is a mystery also ....Today should have been his stage

But in the final week I think we will see some different riders to the fore as the impact of 3 weeks is in the legs bites

SafeBet said:
Rollthedice said:
It looks like TdF 2015 all over again. He will hit form in the last week. I hope it's not too late. Don't know what the heck is Slongo doing lately
He lost 4 minutes on PSM.
He lost 20 seconds today.

Different climbs and field of course, but he doesn't look that bad to me. I'm still convinced he'll challenge for the overall win unless he's on the decline.

Of course, he was testing his legs today given that even if he blows he'll not loose much on this climb. The answer was not yet but the time will come.

One thing is for sure, Tom D in the leaders jersey in a grand tour, with high mountains AND two more ITT's to come, it's never going to be short on entertainment.

This has the makings of being a very exciting Giro, precisely because it's already so unpredictable with no clear favourites.

Re:

portugal11 said:
This giro looks like vuelta 2015, no world class climbers ( quintana is world class but he was far from best shape). Landa is so weak and he has to gain time in the mountains, not loosing... nibali only won the tour because contador fall and that is clear.

We have here a Tour, Vuelta and Giro winner in his main objetive. He won Oman easily this year...
We have here one of the best climbers nowadays, who did the best ITT of his life a week ago, so he is at his best.
We have here a Vuelta and podium Tour winner.
We have a man who won Romandie to Froome.
We have here a two time second of the Giro
We have here a Vuelta podium.
We have a Giro winer who was crazy stronger last year in the second part of the Giro.
We have a lot of very good riders that can perform at a very high level on the Giro, but for circusntance they never done before.

But you show us you impressive knowledge of this sport by saying here there is no level, or that nobidy got his best level for his objetive of the year, and if someone is better than other is becouse that other is not at his best.

I belive Nibali is thesame who won Giro and Tour and better than Vuelta. There is nothing to think he is not. of course if it is not raining and snowing all the day like in his Giro he will have problems, becouse there are a lot of very good riders here. Some of them are starting to shine in cycling: Zakarin, Landa, Dumoulin, Chaves,..and we dont know still his true potential... but others like Uran didnt have the luck to be at his best before. and others like Pozzovivo have won stages at the forst week of the Giro in the past, and with the good weather of these days in the south (the rain at the begining today wanst a big problem) can beat anybody.

But yes, go on with your master classes, man... ;)

Cheers.

In last year's Tour Nibali wasn't terrible from Mende onwards and was among the top 3 climbers on the stage he won. And I'd say that Nibali isn't as bad as in the first week as last year. Blew himself up today, but this time he needed to attack to blow himself up

And I forgot a man as well we dont know his best potentail: Bob Jungels, He was roday better in clasiffication than Landa or Nibali.
These things happens in the first mountain finish after the flat, especially if the climb is not very hard, but it is quite surprising.

The Giro is 21 days and likely he will finish at 30 minutes of the winner, but impressing performance for him today,

I expected more from Bambrilla today, I dont know if he had some problem... Verona is here to help Kittel and him, other way he could spot top 20 or even more, som I hope Bambrilla doing better,..bvut despite some "experts" saysm very high level here this year, he did better in la Vuelta...

Re:

Pantani_lives said:
Fuglsang might be better than Nibali for the whole Giro. Dumoulin, Zakarin, Majka, Chaves will be contenders. The new generation is taking over.
Fuglsang also wasnt super strong though. Sivtsov was able to close the gap to him and I definitely wouldnt expect him to be a gc contender. If an Astana rider wins I still think it will be Nibali.

Gigs_98 said:
Pantani_lives said:
Fuglsang might be better than Nibali for the whole Giro. Dumoulin, Zakarin, Majka, Chaves will be contenders. The new generation is taking over.
Fuglsang also wasnt super strong though. Sivtsov was able to close the gap to him and I definitely wouldnt expect him to be a gc contender. If an Astana rider wins I still think it will be Nibali.
Well, that was probably a quite good investment in hindsight. Jakob told the danish media afterwards that there was a headwind, and with the flat sections, having Siutsou (a good time trialist) by your side was probably clever. Added to that, he was 2nd on the stage after staying away for 15km, I think he was the strongest rider among the GC contenders today. I cannot really see how you can conclude otherwise.

TRENDING THREADS