2016 Giro stage 1: Apeldoorn - Apeldoorn, 9.8 km ITT

Page 13 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Who is gonna win stage 1?

  • Kung

    Votes: 3 2.8%
  • Jungels

    Votes: 8 7.5%
  • Dumoulin

    Votes: 41 38.3%
  • Cancellara

    Votes: 40 37.4%
  • Van Emden

    Votes: 7 6.5%
  • Other

    Votes: 8 7.5%

  • Total voters
    107
  • Poll closed .
Mar 31, 2010
18,137
2
0
Re: Re:

Kokoso said:
Ryo Hazuki said:
Kokoso said:
Miburo said:
Usually the dutch are very arrogant people, we all know that but dumoulin had no bad intentions with that statement, it is true.
I thought Dutch are very open minded and free. And not because marihuana. But never been there, I can't find reason to visit Dutch. First there are like dozens others countries. Honestly, what is the reason to visit Holland when you are not tulip, windmills or canal lover?
That was partly joke, but only partly. Your answer only reasures me, that after all it probably isn't joke :)
seriously what? :eek:
 
Apr 22, 2012
3,570
0
0
Re: Re:

Ryo Hazuki said:
Kokoso said:
Ryo Hazuki said:
Kokoso said:
Miburo said:
Usually the dutch are very arrogant people, we all know that but dumoulin had no bad intentions with that statement, it is true.
I thought Dutch are very open minded and free. And not because marihuana. But never been there, I can't find reason to visit Dutch. First there are like dozens others countries. Honestly, what is the reason to visit Holland when you are not tulip, windmills or canal lover?
That was partly joke, but only partly. Your answer only reasures me, that after all it probably isn't joke :)
seriously what? :eek:
:D It's funny that's all.
 
Re: Re:

Ryo Hazuki said:
Dekker_Tifosi said:
dutch people are not arrogant at all. They are very direct though, and that's something many people cannot handle. Especially Belgians
exactly this. it's also something many limburgian(southernmost province in the netherlands) people have problems with. the souther you get, the less direct they are. but in general dutch people are very direct and will let you know wether they like you or not.
Should've known this last year. Now it all makes sense :p
 
Well, I see now a thing I didnt expect... I knew Kruijwick could do very good ITTs, but Chaves was today much better than I expected. Landa time is good, but looking at Chaves one is bad...


Of course Rogic, but I meant GC contenders.. but maybe he is one of them.. we will see...
 
*** the quick said:
Time gaps between the leader and some best placed sprint specialists:

Kittel +11
Nizzolo +27
Greipel +34
Viviani +36
Demare +40

Kittel could be a serious threat to Dumoulin tomorrow and/or on Sunday.
That was my second thought after look through the top 25. Kittle is looking to win a few stages and maybe pull on a pink kit.
 
Re: Re:

Guybrush said:
Kokoso said:
Ryo Hazuki said:
Hugo Koblet said:
GC riders:

Nibali
Valverde +5
Chaves +11
Zakarin +13
Uran +14
Maja +19
Landa +21
Pozzovivo +28
you forgot amador
Amador...no way.
why? he was 4th in 2015
Exactly and with prologue like this he is much more serious GC rider then Zakarin which did exactly nothing so far in his GT career
amador will be dangerous
and also Dumoulin is not there, he is among favourites too I think although if mountains will be raced properly he have small chance
 
Apr 22, 2012
3,570
0
0
Re: Re:

bassano said:
Guybrush said:
Kokoso said:
Ryo Hazuki said:
Hugo Koblet said:
GC riders:

Nibali
Valverde +5
Chaves +11
Zakarin +13
Uran +14
Maja +19
Landa +21
Pozzovivo +28
you forgot amador
Amador...no way.
why? he was 4th in 2015
Exactly and with prologue like this he is much more serious GC rider then Zakarin which did exactly nothing so far in his GT career
amador will be dangerous
and also Dumoulin is not there, he is among favourites too I think although if mountains will be raced properly he have small chance
My trunks are dangerous, not Amador. He will loss huge time in the mountains.
 
I should be devastated because Rogla's near miss at the stage win and pink jersey, but I'm not. I like Dumoulin and he deserves a big win like this. He's been to many times the loser of a close battle. But in cycling usually all evens up. Happy for him, happy for Roglic's performance and happy for Nibali and I'm also glad no GC rider lost time because of bad luck in today's ITT.
 
Oct 10, 2015
2,059
0
0
Re: Re:

bassano said:
Guybrush said:
Kokoso said:
Ryo Hazuki said:
Hugo Koblet said:
GC riders:

Nibali
Valverde +5
Chaves +11
Zakarin +13
Uran +14
Maja +19
Landa +21
Pozzovivo +28
you forgot amador
Amador...no way.
why? he was 4th in 2015
Exactly and with prologue like this he is much more serious GC rider then Zakarin which did exactly nothing so far in his GT career
amador will be dangerous
Can't see Amador finishing high up in the GC this year considering he is here to work for Valverde while last year he could ride for himself, so unless something goes wrong with Valverde early in the race then Amador won't be inside the top 10 this year
 
shalgo said:
**** the quick said:
Time gaps between the leader and some best placed sprint specialists:

Kittel +11
Nizzolo +27
Greipel +34
Viviani +36
Demare +40

Kittel could be a serious threat to Dumoulin tomorrow and/or on Sunday.
Hofland is at +25. He is technically a sprint specialist, not that I expect much of him in the sprints here.
Hofland's speed might be ok, but his positioning is terrible. And by that I mean REALLY terrible. Once out of 40 times he might be in good position. The other 39 times he is riding a lost sprint
 
Dekker_Tifosi said:
shalgo said:
**** the quick said:
Time gaps between the leader and some best placed sprint specialists:

Kittel +11
Nizzolo +27
Greipel +34
Viviani +36
Demare +40

Kittel could be a serious threat to Dumoulin tomorrow and/or on Sunday.
Hofland is at +25. He is technically a sprint specialist, not that I expect much of him in the sprints here.
Hofland's speed might be ok, but his positioning is terrible. And by that I mean REALLY terrible. Once out of 40 times he might be in good position. The other 39 times he is riding a lost sprint
Hes gonna be the next Theo Bos. He'll get some wins in smaller races but thats it.
 
classicomano said:
Dekker_Tifosi said:
shalgo said:
**** the quick said:
Time gaps between the leader and some best placed sprint specialists:

Kittel +11
Nizzolo +27
Greipel +34
Viviani +36
Demare +40

Kittel could be a serious threat to Dumoulin tomorrow and/or on Sunday.
Hofland is at +25. He is technically a sprint specialist, not that I expect much of him in the sprints here.
Hofland's speed might be ok, but his positioning is terrible. And by that I mean REALLY terrible. Once out of 40 times he might be in good position. The other 39 times he is riding a lost sprint
Hes gonna be the next Theo Bos. He'll get some wins in smaller races but thats it.
They're both Dutch and both a sprinter, but there stops the comparison... :rolleyes:
 
Nice from Nibali, but ofc he was good in 2014 before he lost time and forgot how to climb (still don't know how or why). Landa was good, Bala was OK, maybe both Nibali and Valverde wouldve preferred more than 21 and 16 seconds on Landa respectively.
 
Sep 2, 2015
70
0
0
I'm worried about Rigo, I was expecting something closer to Nibali, really thank that he was just waiting for the Giro for show his form, but now I don't know.
Great for Chavez :)
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY