2016 Giro stage 1: Apeldoorn - Apeldoorn, 9.8 km ITT

Page 11 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Who is gonna win stage 1?

  • Kung

    Votes: 3 2.8%
  • Jungels

    Votes: 8 7.5%
  • Dumoulin

    Votes: 41 38.3%
  • Cancellara

    Votes: 40 37.4%
  • Van Emden

    Votes: 7 6.5%
  • Other

    Votes: 8 7.5%

  • Total voters
    107
  • Poll closed .
hfer07 said:
how on earth Chavito gets to outdo Uran's TTing? WTF is wrong with Rigo???? :confused: :confused:

BTW-- NIBALI ON TOP OF THE GAME :) AND I LIKE IT :D
I don't think it's that much of a surprise. Chaves is on a team that invests a lot in TT's and takes them incredibly seriously.

Uran is on Cannondale...
 
Oct 10, 2015
2,059
0
0
Beech Mtn said:
hfer07 said:
how on earth Chavito gets to outdo Uran's TTing? WTF is wrong with Rigo???? :confused: :confused:

BTW-- NIBALI ON TOP OF THE GAME :) AND I LIKE IT :D
He rides for Gamin now. The team where careers go to die. Hopefully Uran is stronger than it and will be OK until he can go somewhere else.
2014 is the outlier in his TT results, this is Uran's TT level so he performed as expected
 
Apr 22, 2012
3,570
0
0
That would be da bomb if Roglič wins Giro. I'm all for it, cross and kissing thumb.
Edit: wrong thread, sorry.

Anyway Uran very bad TTer since motors are serious thing.
 
Re:

Gloin22 said:
I know ES want hot reporters to interview, but why insist on Laura to do interviews in English? It's painful, she sometimes doesn't know what to say...let her do Spanish and someone with good understanding of English do English..
eh, her English seems good enough. All anybody says is things like "thanks to the team for the work.. hope I can have good legs today blah blah" anyway
 
Reallllllllly happy for Tom. Guy deserves this.

Kittel might take it tomorrow with the win and an intermediate sprint, but I hope Tom can hold on a bit longer.

Pity for Cancellara. Getting the flu before a big goal in your final year is ofcourse a big dissapointment.
 
I was really hoping Uran was holding out at Romandie and that he would show his true level here, but this result is not good. The contrast with Chaves is hard to believe if you go back just two years ago.
 
Re:

SeriousSam said:
Cancellara way weaker than he would have been without the ilness. Race asterisked. Hollow victory for Dumoulin.
Oh sod off.

That's really unfair to Dumoulin. Then you can asterisk 99% of all races. "yeah but if X hadn't had a stomach flu of his daughter to worry about then ... "

Really. Sod off.
 
Apr 22, 2012
3,570
0
0
DFA123 said:
hfer07 said:
how on earth Chavito gets to outdo Uran's TTing? WTF is wrong with Rigo???? :confused: :confused:

BTW-- NIBALI ON TOP OF THE GAME :) AND I LIKE IT :D
I don't think it's that much of a surprise. Chaves is on a team that invests a lot in TT's and takes them incredibly seriously.

Uran is on Cannondale...
Cannondale is actually team where TT performances were very good historicaly.
 
Oct 10, 2015
2,059
0
0
Kokoso said:
DFA123 said:
hfer07 said:
how on earth Chavito gets to outdo Uran's TTing? WTF is wrong with Rigo???? :confused: :confused:

BTW-- NIBALI ON TOP OF THE GAME :) AND I LIKE IT :D
I don't think it's that much of a surprise. Chaves is on a team that invests a lot in TT's and takes them incredibly seriously.

Uran is on Cannondale...
Cannondale is actually team where TT performances were very good historicaly.
That was a long time ago
 
Apr 22, 2012
3,570
0
0
StryderHells said:
Kokoso said:
DFA123 said:
hfer07 said:
how on earth Chavito gets to outdo Uran's TTing? WTF is wrong with Rigo???? :confused: :confused:

BTW-- NIBALI ON TOP OF THE GAME :) AND I LIKE IT :D
I don't think it's that much of a surprise. Chaves is on a team that invests a lot in TT's and takes them incredibly seriously.

Uran is on Cannondale...
Cannondale is actually team where TT performances were very good historicaly.
That was a long time ago
Looking at it from ten years old child perspective, yes. Maybe I'm too old :D
 
Apr 22, 2012
3,570
0
0
Re:

Kwibus said:
Dumoulin said he certainly didn't ride his best TT today, but it was enough and that's what matters.
Oh no...so he wins and still talks like this? I thought he is likeable guy, but this...
 
Re: Re:

Kokoso said:
Kwibus said:
Dumoulin said he certainly didn't ride his best TT today, but it was enough and that's what matters.
Oh no...so he wins and still talks like this? I thought he is likeable guy, but this...
Well he was over the moon as well and extremely happy that he finally did it and got to wear pink and that it's even better then he imagines it would be.
It was more a part that I added to show that he normally should be better and that riders like Kung and Cancellara without their mistake/bad luck probably would've beaten him, but that at the end of the day Dumoulin has pink and it's true that that's what matters.

So it was just a line he said. He also said that it certainly wasn't his worst TT.
 
Jul 29, 2012
11,703
3
0
Usually the dutch are very arrogant people, we all know that but dumoulin had no bad intentions with that statement, it is true.
 
Mar 31, 2010
18,137
1
0
Gigs_98 said:
Chaves looked as if he doesnt even try to go fast. I think Jingles will catch him
chaves started terribly slow but he finished really well. 30th or 31st. must've done really well on the long straights
 
Mar 31, 2010
18,137
1
0
Re:

AlexNYC said:
I was really hoping Uran was holding out at Romandie and that he would show his true level here, but this result is not good. The contrast with Chaves is hard to believe if you go back just two years ago.
uran clear as hell didn't push it today
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY