• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2016 Giro stage 1: Apeldoorn - Apeldoorn, 9.8 km ITT

Page 11 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Who is gonna win stage 1?

• Kung

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • Jungels

Votes: 8 7.5%
  • Dumoulin

Votes: 41 38.3%
  • Cancellara

Votes: 40 37.4%
  • Van Emden

Votes: 7 6.5%
  • Other

Votes: 8 7.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
That would be da bomb if Roglič wins Giro. I'm all for it, cross and kissing thumb.
Edit: wrong thread, sorry.

Anyway Uran very bad TTer since motors are serious thing.

Re:

Gloin22 said:
I know ES want hot reporters to interview, but why insist on Laura to do interviews in English? It's painful, she sometimes doesn't know what to say...let her do Spanish and someone with good understanding of English do English..

eh, her English seems good enough. All anybody says is things like "thanks to the team for the work.. hope I can have good legs today blah blah" anyway

Reallllllllly happy for Tom. Guy deserves this.

Kittel might take it tomorrow with the win and an intermediate sprint, but I hope Tom can hold on a bit longer.

Pity for Cancellara. Getting the flu before a big goal in your final year is ofcourse a big dissapointment.

I was really hoping Uran was holding out at Romandie and that he would show his true level here, but this result is not good. The contrast with Chaves is hard to believe if you go back just two years ago.

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
DFA123 said:
hfer07 said:
how on earth Chavito gets to outdo Uran's TTing? WTF is wrong with Rigo???? :confused: :confused:

BTW-- NIBALI ON TOP OF THE GAME :) AND I LIKE IT :D
I don't think it's that much of a surprise. Chaves is on a team that invests a lot in TT's and takes them incredibly seriously.

Uran is on Cannondale...
Cannondale is actually team where TT performances were very good historicaly.

Kokoso said:
DFA123 said:
hfer07 said:
how on earth Chavito gets to outdo Uran's TTing? WTF is wrong with Rigo???? :confused: :confused:

I don't think it's that much of a surprise. Chaves is on a team that invests a lot in TT's and takes them incredibly seriously.

Uran is on Cannondale...

That was a long time ago

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
StryderHells said:
Kokoso said:
DFA123 said:
hfer07 said:

Uran is on Cannondale...

That was a long time ago
Looking at it from ten years old child perspective, yes. Maybe I'm too old :D

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
Re:

Kwibus said:
Dumoulin said he certainly didn't ride his best TT today, but it was enough and that's what matters.
Oh no...so he wins and still talks like this? I thought he is likeable guy, but this...

Re: Re:

Kokoso said:
Kwibus said:
Dumoulin said he certainly didn't ride his best TT today, but it was enough and that's what matters.
Oh no...so he wins and still talks like this? I thought he is likeable guy, but this...

Well he was over the moon as well and extremely happy that he finally did it and got to wear pink and that it's even better then he imagines it would be.
It was more a part that I added to show that he normally should be better and that riders like Kung and Cancellara without their mistake/bad luck probably would've beaten him, but that at the end of the day Dumoulin has pink and it's true that that's what matters.

So it was just a line he said. He also said that it certainly wasn't his worst TT.

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Usually the dutch are very arrogant people, we all know that but dumoulin had no bad intentions with that statement, it is true.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Gigs_98 said:
Chaves looked as if he doesnt even try to go fast. I think Jingles will catch him
chaves started terribly slow but he finished really well. 30th or 31st. must've done really well on the long straights

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Re:

AlexNYC said:
I was really hoping Uran was holding out at Romandie and that he would show his true level here, but this result is not good. The contrast with Chaves is hard to believe if you go back just two years ago.
uran clear as hell didn't push it today