• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2016 Giro stage 1: Apeldoorn - Apeldoorn, 9.8 km ITT

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Who is gonna win stage 1?

• Kung

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • Jungels

Votes: 8 7.5%
  • Dumoulin

Votes: 41 38.3%
  • Cancellara

Votes: 40 37.4%
  • Van Emden

Votes: 7 6.5%
  • Other

Votes: 8 7.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
Re:

Põhja Konn said:
If he has anything close to the form he showed during classics season, I can't see anyone beating Cancellara

I think Stomach Flu is in with a good chance to take the win from Cance, I reckon it'll be about 50-50 between Cance and Stomach Flu

What's all this crazy talk about Tommy D?

Tom+Danielson+Tour+Colorado+Press+Conference+CQspTsXpV4ll.jpg

SeriousSam said:
Now that Cancellara has been struck by illness, Dumoulin will probably win, but it will be an asterisked victory

Pretty sure it doesn't make it an asterisked win simply because another favourite was sick. Damn bad lack for the sick guy, yes, but nothing that means the guy who ended up winning didn't actually earn it.

RedheadDane said:
SeriousSam said:
Now that Cancellara has been struck by illness, Dumoulin will probably win, but it will be an asterisked victory

Pretty sure it doesn't make it an asterisked win simply because another favourite was sick. Damn bad lack for the sick guy, yes, but nothing that means the guy who ended up winning didn't actually earn it.

no, i'm pretty sure that the uci officials put an asterisk when this happens.

jens_attacks said:
RedheadDane said:
SeriousSam said:

no, i'm pretty sure that the uci officials put an asterisk when this happens.
I can confirm this. They only do it when it happens between April 21st and May 16th though.

Re:

JackRabbitSlims said:
Bummer news about Fabian......Big Tommy D is now my pick to wear the Maglia Rosa at the start of stage 2.

Not to be confused with that other Tommy D ;)

Just call him Major Tom or Tom Dumoulin.

I'm not so sure about Dumoulin winning if Cancellara is still ill. The course is really easy and very fast. I think it doesn't suit him at all.
Could be a surprise winner... a former trackie or something. I'll hope for van Emden or Dumoulin.. .for obvious reasons.

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site
If Landa finishes ahead Tom Dumoulin (he starts 1min after), then I say it's a good ride. But if Dumoulin finish behind Landa, then he probably won't win the stage

TRENDING THREADS