• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2016 Giro stage 1: Apeldoorn - Apeldoorn, 9.8 km ITT

Page 14 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Who is gonna win stage 1?

• Kung

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • Jungels

Votes: 8 7.5%
  • Dumoulin

Votes: 41 38.3%
  • Cancellara

Votes: 40 37.4%
  • Van Emden

Votes: 7 6.5%
  • Other

Votes: 8 7.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re:

Breh said:
They both never won anything worth mentioning.
Well that is a bit harsh as any win is worth mentioning but anyway Hofland is still only 24 with 12 wins and a Paris-Nice stage win against good company, I think with a good lead out rider who could help him with his positioning would help him become a good 2nd tier sprinter

Re: Re:

cineteq said:
Dumoulin is not a GC rider? :confused:

Hugo Koblet said:
GC riders:

Nibali
Valverde +5
Chaves +11
Zakarin +13
Uran +14
Majka +19
Landa +21
Pozzovivo +28

Well the Vuelta says otherwise. It's just a matter of how much he can develop. He said himself that he feels that the hardest climbs in the Giro will probably be too much for him. With the next TT he should still figure high up in the GC but probably not on the podium.

I think both Cycling News and Procyclingstats have the points wrong for the first stage. They have awarded maximum points, i.e. Dumoulin 50 pts, when a TT gives the minimum points i.e. Dumoulin 15 pts.

I can't find the appropriate regulations. Can anyone assist?

Re: Re:

movingtarget said:
cineteq said:
Dumoulin is not a GC rider? :confused:

Hugo Koblet said:
GC riders:

Nibali
Valverde +5
Chaves +11
Zakarin +13
Uran +14
Majka +19
Landa +21
Pozzovivo +28

Well the Vuelta says otherwise. It's just a matter of how much he can develop. He said himself that he feels that the hardest climbs in the Giro will probably be too much for him. With the next TT he should still figure high up in the GC but probably not on the podium.

He wont finish inside the top 10, maybe next season but not this time

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Chaves rode a really strong TT. And he looks really sharp.

If the weather will not be worse, he can finish 3rd behind Nibali and Landa.

TRENDING THREADS