• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2016 Kuurne Brussel Kuurne, Feb. 28th, 200.7 km 1 HC UCI

Sunday, day after the Omloop we have Kuurne - Brussel - Kuurne

200.7 km

11 hellingen with one newcomer : De Klusiberg
12651267_940364029373140_6189788127971843700_n.jpg

Startlist is here :
http://www.procyclingstats.com/race.php?id=164272&c=3

Re:

Hugo Koblet said:
Second place is still up for grabs! Sagan, Debusschere, Viviani, Boonen, Demare, Theuns/Nizzolo will fight it out. It will be interesting to see how a few young guys does here: Andersen, Groenewegen, Ewan in particular.

when you say second place is up fro grabs : Kristoff the winner?

Aug 7, 2015
Visit site
Re: Re:

GP Blanco said:
Lexman said:
Don't forget Jans, Bouhanni,

Trek has multiple cards to play : Van Poppel, Stuyven, Nizzolo and Theuns....

I would say judging their results this year Nizzolo will be their man.

I agree with tou, Nizzolo is the best sprinter os the team and is in good shape. Poppel, Theuns, Stuyven, Bonifazio and Nizzolo could be a good train, maybe whit many sprinters

Walter Morgan said:
GP Blanco said:
Lexman said:
Don't forget Jans, Bouhanni,

Trek has multiple cards to play : Van Poppel, Stuyven, Nizzolo and Theuns....

I would say judging their results this year Nizzolo will be their man.

I agree with tou, Nizzolo is the best sprinter os the team and is in good shape. Poppel, Theuns, Stuyven, Bonifazio and Nizzolo could be a good train, maybe whit many sprinters
Bonifazio is the best sprinter for me actually. Simply as Nizzolo ain't gonna win anything it seems. Boni looks like a promising guy with variable skills.

Re:

robin440 said:
caleb ewan was mentioned in the 5 riders to watch for kuurne from cyclingnews, LOL

He is definitely one to watch. Not on of the favourites, but one to watch. I am very interested into how he performs in a hard race. Personally, I don't think he can manage but he has shown some endurance skills once before, albeit in a Tour of Poland stage where only he was in any shape. Also the Herald Sun Tour stage in which he followed an attack, but that may due to similar cause.

Brullnux said:
robin440 said:
caleb ewan was mentioned in the 5 riders to watch for kuurne from cyclingnews, LOL

He is definitely one to watch. Not on of the favourites, but one to watch. I am very interested into how he performs in a hard race. Personally, I don't think he can manage but he has shown some endurance skills once before, albeit in a Tour of Poland stage where only he was in any shape. Also the Herald Sun Tour stage in which he followed an attack, but that may due to similar cause.
I'd say that presence of an Aussie rider in CN's "riders to watch" is inevitable.

For me, the question is - can Kristoff win both weekend races?
This one looks more certain than Omloop.

I like the look of Trek's team. Hoping someone can do something.
111 VAN POPPEL Boy NED
112 THEUNS Edward BEL
113 NIZZOLO Giacomo ITA
114 RAST Grégory SUI
115 STUYVEN Jasper BEL
117 BERNARD Julien FRA
118 COLEDAN Marco ITA
119 BONIFAZIO Niccolo ITA

TRENDING THREADS