• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2016 Kuurne Brussel Kuurne, Feb. 28th, 200.7 km 1 HC UCI

Page 9 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 14, 2009
Visit site
Re: Re:

Bushman said:
Sasquatch said:
Bushman said:
Maaaaaaaarten said:
Nice to see Stuyven developing and getting a big win like this now.

Belgium will rule the classics for all eternity, now with Stuyven and Benoot in the coming years :p

Not quite sure Stefan Küng will agree.

I reckon he will be a future star in the classics as well when he switches fully to the road.

If OGE stop stalling Luke Durbridge's career and make him something more than a whipping boy for Simon Gerrans and Caleb Ewan, then he would have a say about it too. Potentially Michael Hepburn as well. Although he's probably more suited to the Ardennes.

Hepburn a classics star? Cant see it happening at all. Durbridge surely has some potential but hasnt proven enough. Domestique duties or not.

Hasnt proven enough?

WTF?! How about being Aussie road and TT champ, U23 TT WC, and multiple junior gold medals from the track?

While I dont care for Orica, I do have respect for Durbo. There is no one else in the pro peloton other than a few ettix guys that spent more time pulling the pack than him.

If they would unleash him, he may be the same case as Vakoc who spent last 3 years pulling the pack and gaining the strength to ride for himself.

Sasquatch said:
Bushman said:
Maaaaaaaarten said:

Belgium will rule the classics for all eternity, now with Stuyven and Benoot in the coming years :p

I reckon he will be a future star in the classics as well when he switches fully to the road.

If OGE stop stalling Luke Durbridge's career and make him something more than a whipping boy for Simon Gerrans and Caleb Ewan, then he would have a say about it too. Potentially Michael Hepburn as well. Although he's probably more suited to the Ardennes.

Doubt that Durbridge or Hepburn are good enough - What surprised me yesterday, was OGE called Cort back from the break to help Ewan in the last 20kms - Better to leave Cort in the break as a second option and test him out, especially seeing Ewan was surrounded by team-mates.

Jancouver said:
Bushman said:
Sasquatch said:
Bushman said:
Maaaaaaaarten said:

Hepburn a classics star? Cant see it happening at all. Durbridge surely has some potential but hasnt proven enough. Domestique duties or not.

Hasnt proven enough?

WTF?! How about being Aussie road and TT champ, U23 TT WC, and multiple junior gold medals from the track?

While I dont care for Orica, I do have respect for Durbo. There is no one else in the pro peloton other than a few ettix guys that spent more time pulling the pack than him.

If they would unleash him, he may be the same case as Vakoc who spent last 3 years pulling the pack and gaining the strength to ride for himself.

The TT of Durbridge and Hepburn has gone backwards in the last2 or 3 years. OGE are better to focus developing Cort and Edmondson and Power when he is fit. Though buying a world class cobbles may be an option.

Jancouver said:
Bushman said:
Sasquatch said:
Bushman said:
Maaaaaaaarten said:

Hasnt proven enough?

I meant in terms of classics. And he may have a huge engine and great ability at the front of the peloton but I havent seen anything from him that suggests he could be a star in the classics yet.

Dekker_Tifosi said:
rghysens said:
TommyGun said:
Really great opening weekend, with long range attacks and voluntary riders!! Hopefully it is a sign of the spirit of the rest of the season...

Well, no WT points at stake this weekend.
?
Not true, the new UCI world ranking is continious and holds all races.
But World Ranking points do not count towards WT status. World Ranking =/= World Tour points

Jancouver said:
Bushman said:
Sasquatch said:
Bushman said:
Maaaaaaaarten said:

Hasnt proven enough?

Aussie and track are the keywords: riding well in the Australian heat and on tracks means nothing regarding the cobbled classics. The only thing he has proved is that he has a decent engine.
But so did someone like Jesse Sergent early in his career but since then no progression and definitely not a signal that he can handle cobbles. With Durbridge I fail to see progression even in his specialty the TT's.

Sep 16, 2009
Visit site

Bushman said:
Sasquatch said:
Bushman said:
Maaaaaaaarten said:

Hepburn wouldn't be a cobbled classics star, no way, but he has the pedigree to win Liege if he was developed properly!

Jan 20, 2016
Visit site
Not enough train strength in that peloton to bring that break back. I was looking forward to a sprint finish, but there you go. Belgium is happy.

Sasquatch said:
Bushman said:
Sasquatch said:
Bushman said:
Maaaaaaaarten said:

Hepburn wouldn't be a cobbled classics star, no way, but he has the pedigree to win Liege if he was developed properly!

Nah, not Liege. If developed properly he would've been a GT star for sure. And Durbridge wouldve been the best sprinter beating Kittel like he was a 3rd tier sprinter.

Obviously!

TRENDING THREADS