• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2016 La Vuelta a Espana, Stage 1: : Ourense termal. B. de La

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: 2016 La Vuelta a Espana, Stage 1: : Ourense termal. B. d

e0k0fq.jpg

Re: Re:

Billie said:
DFA123 said:
bajbar said:
Bodnar, Valgren and Kreuziger on the team would have made more than half a minute difference. But instead, we have Hernandez, Paulinho, Rovny, Trofimov... It's like they are deliberately trying to lose...
It looks to me like Contador and Tinkoff have both selected their best mates within the team,rather than the best riders. Deserve nothing more than this result if that is the case.

indeed. De Jongh is a very bad DS
He's not.
So much nonsense posted on the forum today.

Edit:
Gigs_98 said:
Froome will win on monday and the vuelta will be over after 3 days
No! Come on, people. Minutes will be lost and gained in the mountains.

LaFlorecita said:
Billie said:
DFA123 said:
bajbar said:
Bodnar, Valgren and Kreuziger on the team would have made more than half a minute difference. But instead, we have Hernandez, Paulinho, Rovny, Trofimov... It's like they are deliberately trying to lose...
It looks to me like Contador and Tinkoff have both selected their best mates within the team,rather than the best riders. Deserve nothing more than this result if that is the case.

He's not.

Edit:
Gigs_98 said:

agree with Flo. the Vuelta is always unpredictable and long and hard and difficult to control, Froome's form could be zig-zagging (see what I did here :D ) after Tour and Olympic

ps.

little PETEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!

LaFlorecita said:
Billie said:
DFA123 said:
bajbar said:

He's not.

Edit:
Gigs_98 said:

I do not see to much coming from Pistelero in this Vuelta, I believe he will be focused on next year, with his new team and contract. Not much reason to turn yourself inside out, for Olaf Tinkoff at this point, just a matter of Alberto doing a professional ride, at the Vuelta this year.

LaFlorecita said:
Billie said:
DFA123 said:
bajbar said:

He's not.

Edit:
Gigs_98 said:
I was sarcastic. I also think froome will fade :D

This Charming Man said:
LaFlorecita said:
Billie said:
DFA123 said:
bajbar said:

He's not.

Edit:
Gigs_98 said:

I do not see to much coming from Pistelero in this Vuelta, I believe he will be focused on next year, with his new team and contract. Not much reason to turn yourself inside out, for Olaf Tinkoff at this point, just a matter of Alberto doing a professional ride, at the Vuelta this year.
He never rode to impress Olaf. He simply wants to win.

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site

DFA123 said:
WildspokeJoe said:
DBotero said:
I'm sorry for Valverde but I'm happy to see Kennaugh in red :D

I'm here. Valverde in red would have been interesting. How the stages play out - would he defend. All the top teams close to the top except Tinkoff. Let the fun begin!
He or Moreno surely has a great chance of claiming red on monday. Difficult to see who from Sky could challenge them in Ézaro. Although perhaps Chaves or Sanchez could usurp them both.

How about Froome!

Mr.White said:
DFA123 said:
WildspokeJoe said:
DBotero said:
I'm sorry for Valverde but I'm happy to see Kennaugh in red :D

I'm here. Valverde in red would have been interesting. How the stages play out - would he defend. All the top teams close to the top except Tinkoff. Let the fun begin!
He or Moreno surely has a great chance of claiming red on monday. Difficult to see who from Sky could challenge them in Ézaro. Although perhaps Chaves or Sanchez could usurp them both.

How about Froome!

More likely Kwiatkowski

Gigs_98 said:
[quote="
It looks to me like Contador and Tinkoff have both selected their best mates within the team,rather than the best riders. Deserve nothing more than this result if that is the case.[/quote]

indeed. De Jongh is a very bad DS[/quote]
He's not.

I do not see to much coming from Pistelero in this Vuelta, I believe he will be focused on next year, with his new team and contract. Not much reason to turn yourself inside out, for Olaf Tinkoff at this point, just a matter of Alberto doing a professional ride, at the Vuelta this year.[/quote]
He never rode to impress Olaf. He simply wants to win.[/quote]

Very happy to see Contador on TREK, hopefully he will get the team support that he deserves, ditto, with Peter Sagan. I never thought Olaf entertaining, nor good for the sport of cycling.

LaFlorecita said:
Billie said:
DFA123 said:
bajbar said:

He's not.

He is. Not surprising you think he is though :eek:

I haven't really payed attention to the alternatives for Rovny, Paulinho and Herdandez, etc, though I would like their reasons for making the selection that they did. Kreuziger was originally planned to lead it, but lead the Tour instead, so why not help in the Vuelta. Then don't get me started on the rouleurs, though I do understand that Sagan doesn't ride. (Sagan could destroy this sprinting field though)

Yeah. Rovny has become decent tbh. Of course he's just in the team for being pals with Tinkov. But somehow he still managed to become a useful waterboy. Of course he's no Andrey Zeits, But there ain't nothing wrong with him being selected. Hernandez on the other hand .... and what the heck happened with Paulinho ... He's gone worse than Yaroslav Popovych when he became a donkey. And I ain't got no intention to build up forbidden relations here because actually I believe even that ain't no pleasant answer for this kind of decrease! Is he even training properly anymore !?

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site

PremierAndrew said:
Mayomaniac said:
Kennaugh suddenly becoming a gt contender durning the Vuelta would probably make the forum crash. :D
Seriously, the guy's just a huge ***, by far the most unlikeable rider on Team Sky.

Ironically, he's shown much more talent than Froome and Wiggins combined at his age :lol:
Can't argue with that, but in his chase the main reason would be his personality.
Yeah, the guy was seen as a future gt contender, just look at the results that he got as an U23 rider, while also being a great track cyclist, he's probably the one british rider at Sky that everyone expected to become a great climber.

TRENDING THREADS