• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2016 Liège Bastogne Liège, April 24th, WT 253 km

Page 10 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Interesting break: Paolo Tiralongo (Astana), Alessandro De Marchi (BMC), Pavel Brutt (Tinkoff), Nicolas Edet (Cofidis), Jeremy Roy (FDJ), Thomas De Gendt (Lotto Soudal), and Cesare Benedetti (Bora Argon 18) plus a Norwegian from IAM who seized the opportunity to do some cross-country skiing.

SeriousSam said:
This bad weather news is bad news. Bad weather lessens the importance of maintainable w/kg and uphill sprinting abilities and instead generates chaos and unpredictability that make it less likely that the strongest rider wins.

I was going to go on a rant about this. I never get your sarcasm at first.

Re:

Rollthedice said:
Interesting break: Paolo Tiralongo (Astana), Alessandro De Marchi (BMC), Pavel Brutt (Tinkoff), Nicolas Edet (Cofidis), Jeremy Roy (FDJ), Thomas De Gendt (Lotto Soudal), and Cesare Benedetti (Bora Argon 18) plus a Norwegian from IAM who seized the opportunity to do some cross-country skiing.
De Gendt, Tiralongo and De Marchi are good guys for a breakaway. They could stay away until deep into the final.

Re: Re:

Nirvana said:
Vasilis said:
Nirvana said:
From Katusha twitter
#LBL The course will be shortened by 30 km, from 45 to 75 km of racing.
I believe they take an alternative route between those two points, not skip it altogether.
Could be something like Sanremo 2013 when they stopped the race to skip Turchino.
Yeah except it isn't. I think they misunderstood over at the Katusha Twitter account.

“I think experience counts and I’ve improved year by year, bit by bit,” he said. “I’ve stopped making useless efforts so I’ve got more force for the final and the battle on the Côte de Ans. It’s a race that requires patience, and I’ve adapted to that and I’ll wait for the finale.”

Bardet thinking of playing it right to finish 8th. Lovely.

Re:

trevim said:
“I think experience counts and I’ve improved year by year, bit by bit,” he said. “I’ve stopped making useless efforts so I’ve got more force for the final and the battle on the Côte de Ans. It’s a race that requires patience, and I’ve adapted to that and I’ll wait for the finale.”

Is there a reason why so many riders somehow think they have a chance on the final climb to Ans? A rider like Bardet would never get the idea that he could win AGR by an attack on the Cauberg but in LBL where the final ascent is even easier he somehow thinks he can win that way :eek:

Re: Re:

Gigs_98 said:
trevim said:

Is there a reason why so many riders somehow think they have a chance on the final climb to Ans? A rider like Bardet would never get the idea that he could win AGR by an attack on the Cauberg but in LBL where the final ascent is even easier he somehow thinks he can win that way :eek:
It beats me. Even the not-so-smart Schleck brothers realized they had to go from further out in 2009 and 2011. Now all I hear is everyone claiming they'll wait because the final is too hard. It's like they don't understand it's even harder to beat Valverde in Ains.

Re:

trevim said:

Nutter

TRENDING THREADS