2016 TDF Predictions

With the Tour starting this weekend I thought it was worth starting a thread purely for predictions.

Here are the categories with my predictions (feel free to add categories):

Categories
Yellow Jersey: Quintana
Podium: Froome & Contador
White Jersey: Bardet
Green Jersey: Sagan
Polka dot Jersey: Quintana
Team Classification: Astana
Combativity Award: Froome
Surprise of the Tour: Warren Barguil outshining Pinot and Bardet
Breakthrough rider: Groenewegen
1st Yellow Jersey: Kittel
Story of the Tour (eg Team Sky's abuse by fans last year): Astana Leadership Battle
Tour defining stage: Stage 12
Flop of the Tour: Thomas (as much as it pains me to say, he seems in bad form)

Let me know what ur predictions are:
 
Oliwright said:
With the Tour starting this weekend I thought it was worth starting a thread purely for predictions.

Here are the categories with my predictions (feel free to add categories):

Categories
White Jersey: Bardet

Let me know what ur predictions are:
My prediction is that it won't happen because Bardet is not eligible anymore. :p
 
Alexandre B. said:
Oliwright said:
With the Tour starting this weekend I thought it was worth starting a thread purely for predictions.

Here are the categories with my predictions (feel free to add categories):

Categories
White Jersey: Bardet

Let me know what ur predictions are:
My prediction is that it won't happen because Bardet is not eligible anymore. :p

:( Cheers Cycling Weekly for having him in their selection. What are the rules then 25 and below from when? Barguil then
 
Oliwright said:
Alexandre B. said:
Oliwright said:
With the Tour starting this weekend I thought it was worth starting a thread purely for predictions.

Here are the categories with my predictions (feel free to add categories):

Categories
White Jersey: Bardet

Let me know what ur predictions are:
My prediction is that it won't happen because Bardet is not eligible anymore. :p

:( Cheers Cycling Weekly for having him in their selection. What are the rules then 25 and below from when? Barguil then
To be eligible you have to be 25 or younger on 31st December 2016. So riders who are born in the 2nd half of the year can be 25 during TDF but won't be eligible cause they will turn 26 before the end of the year.
 
Yellow Jersey: Alberto Contador
Podium: Thibaut Pinot and Fabio Aru
White Jersey: Barguil
Green Jersey: Sagan
Polka dot Jersey: Diego Rosa
Team Classification: Astana
Combativity Award: Diego Rosa
Surprises of the Tour: Warren Barguil who finishes 4th and Diego Rosa who finishes 5th thanks to 3 solo raids in mountain stages
Breakthrough rider: I guess that's also Barguil and Rosa, and Sam Bennett will win a sprint stage.
1st Yellow Jersey: Kittel
Story of the Tour: Mechanical doping :eek: 3 riders get caught
Tour defining stage: Stage 8
Flop of the Tour: Chris Froome who crashes on stage 7 and loses 19 minutes on stage 8.
CN forum: the bookmakers are so wrong that SeriousSam spontaneously combusts. CheckMyPecs writes that if Froome had done some upper-body training, he would not have crashed.
 

Singer01

BANNED
Nov 18, 2013
2,043
2
5,485
Re:

dacooley said:
wishing riders to crash even on the level of predictions is extremely pathetic. where is administration?
its a prediction, not a wish, grow up (and i don't particularly agree with most of the stuff she comes out with).
 
Re: Re:

Singer01 said:
dacooley said:
wishing riders to crash even on the level of predictions is extremely pathetic. where is administration?
its a prediction, not a wish, grow up (and i don't particularly agree with most of the stuff she comes out with).
Thank you. I didn't wish anything.
And obviously I wasn't completely serious, but anyway it seems likely that at least 1 big rider will crash out. It happens so often.
 
Some wishes, some predictions.

Yellow Jersey: Louis Meintjes.
Podium: Alberto Contador, Romain Bardet.
White Jersey: Louis Meintjes.
Green Jersey: Bryan Coquard.
Polka dot Jersey: Rui Costa.
Team Classification: Movistar.
Super-combatif: Tony Gallopin.
Surprise of the Tour: Lawson Craddock making it to the top ten.
Breakthrough rider: Lawson Craddock.
1st Yellow Jersey: Ramūnas Navardauskas.
Story of the Tour: ''Untamed Impala - The Story of Africa's [littlest] Greatest Ever Cyclist''.
Tour defining stage: Stage 20 from Megève to Morzine.
Flop of the Tour: Quintana for whatever reason.
 
Re:

BigMac said:
Some wishes, some predictions.

Yellow Jersey: Louis Meintjes.
Podium: Alberto Contador, Romain Bardet.
White Jersey: Louis Meintjes.
Green Jersey: Bryan Coquard.
Polka dot Jersey: Rui Costa.
Team Classification: Movistar.
Super-combatif: Tony Gallopin.
Surprise of the Tour: Lawson Craddock making it to the top ten.
Breakthrough rider: Lawson Craddock.
1st Yellow Jersey: Ramūnas Navardauskas.
Story of the Tour: ''Untamed Impala - The Story of Africa's [littlest] Greatest Ever Cyclist''.
Tour defining stage: Stage 20 from Megève to Morzine.
Flop of the Tour: Quintana for whatever reason.
That would be a very interesting race :) I think Craddock can really make top 10!
 
Re:

dacooley said:
wishing riders to crash even on the level of predictions is extremely pathetic. where is administration? for how long is vitriol hate going to be encouraged? :mad:
You're welcome to report it. It's not stated as a hope, or a wish. So there's no reason to start calling anyone pathetic
 
Yellow Jersey: Tom Dumoulin
Podium: Vincenzo Nibali and Tejay van Garderen
White Jersey: Julian Alaphillipe
Green Jersey: Peter Sagan
Polka dot Jersey: Joaquim Rodriguez
Team Classification:Team Vino
Combativity Award: Nacer Bouhanni
Surprise of the Tour: Tom Dumoulin
Breakthrough rider: Dylan Groenewegen
1st Yellow Jersey: Marcel Kittel
Story of the Tour: The sudden disappearance of Christopher Froome, Nairo Quintana and Alberto Contador
Tour defining stage: Stage 7, Froome, Contador and Quintana break light speed on the Aspin, they travel back in time, and find themselves lost on the Aspin in 2015, with nobody there. Quintana and Contador don't shave their beards and their legs, go incognito, watch the 2015 Tour and decide to drink away their misery of watching that together. Meanwhile, Froome tries to fix his stem which for some reason, only displays "42", and doesn't respond to anything.
Flop of the Tour: Richie Porte, as a rupture in space time takes away his 3 greatest rivals, Porte still fails to win a stage or make the podium
Forum After Quintana, Froome and Contador destroy the spacetime continuum, the clinic erupts. Flo has a meltdown, until Contador, Quintana and Froome suddenly reappear between the spectators. Contador fans, Quintana fans, and Froome fans all blame each other for what happened. Libertine designs a Tour with worm holes in it. Dutch fans get very anxious about Dumoulin still being in the lead on the Morzine stage and collectively decide to get really wasted. Red Rick is forced to ban himself for the remainder of the Tour
 
LaFlorecita said:
Yellow Jersey: Alberto Contador
Podium: Thibaut Pinot and Fabio Aru
White Jersey: Barguil
Green Jersey: Sagan
Polka dot Jersey: Diego Rosa
Team Classification: Astana
Combativity Award: Diego Rosa
Surprises of the Tour: Warren Barguil who finishes 4th and Diego Rosa who finishes 5th thanks to 3 solo raids in mountain stages
Breakthrough rider: I guess that's also Barguil and Rosa, and Sam Bennett will win a sprint stage.
1st Yellow Jersey: Kittel
Story of the Tour: Mechanical doping :eek: 3 riders get caught
Tour defining stage: Stage 8
Flop of the Tour: Chris Froome who crashes on stage 7 and loses 19 minutes on stage 8.
CN forum: the bookmakers are so wrong that SeriousSam spontaneously combusts. CheckMyPecs writes that if Froome had done some upper-body training, he would not have crashed.
So when Contador retires, its all Rosa I suppose. I like him as well, good for us.
 
Nice one RR :D

I decided to do a serious prediction too
Yellow Jersey: Froome (of course fingers crossed for Alberto :) )
Podium: Quintana 2nd, Contador 3rd
White Jersey: Barguil
Green Jersey: Sagan
Polka dot Jersey: Bardet
Team Classification: Astana
Combativity Award: I don't know how this award is decided but I'll go for Bardet or Contador
Surprise of the Tour: Barguil
Breakthrough rider: Coquard
1st Yellow Jersey: Kittel
Story of the Tour: Froome's W/kg on Arcalis. Alberto winning both (!) ITTs :p
Tour defining stage: stage 17 (Finhaut Emosson)
Flop of the Tour: Porte
 
Yellow Jersey: Quintana
Podium: Froome, Contador
White Jersey: Barguil
Green Jersey: Sagan
Polka dot Jersey: Quintana
Team Classification: Movistar
Combativity Award: Bardet
Surprise of the Tour: Bardet (4th)
Breakthrough rider: Pentano
1st Yellow Jersey: Kittel
Story of the Tour: The ludicrous strong Astana, Movistar and Sky compared to the rest, the too many sprint stages, Bardet's and Ag2R polkas and stage assaults, Landa being stronger than Froome in the last week.
Tour defining stage: Tough one, but I'd say stages 12 and 13 - Ventoux and the ITT the day after, mostly Ventoux.
Flop of the Tour: Pinot, Aru, TJ, Cav, Majka.
 
Yellow Jersey: Alberto Contador
Podium: Chris Froome, Richie Porte
White Jersey: Julian Alaphillipe
Green Jersey: Peter Sagan
Polka dot Jersey: Romain Bardet
Team Classification: Astana
Super-combatif: Richie Porte ( :lol: )
Surprise of the Tour: Fabio Aru winning two stages and finishing fourth
Breakthrough rider: Sam Bennet
1st Yellow Jersey: Nacer Bouhanni
Story of the Tour: Just like Contador did to a man dressed as a doctor in 2011 , Bouhanni punches a spectator dressed as a boxer
Tour defining stage: Stage 18
Flop of the Tour: Nairo Quintana having a bad day were he loses over 4 minutes to the GC contenders
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Samu Cuenca Professional Road Racing 85
BlueRoads Professional Road Racing 233

ASK THE COMMUNITY